Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Mellon Tuning EVOgreen 410awhp 410tq

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 06:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D420mac
What mods are you speaking of?
some cars can do it with good cams, fmic & piping, injectors and exhaust...others also need ported intake, ported throttle body, 02 dump, ported exhaust manifold and test pipe.
Old May 13, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think supporting mods for the green are as follows...

FMIC (to avoid heat soaking quickly)
Ported exhaust mani (creates more exhaust flow)
Smaller gap on plugs (helps to avoid spark blow out)
3" turbo back (speaks for itself)
o2 housing (ported wastegate hole)
Lower IC pipe (stocker is very restrictive)
ARP head studs (for safety sake)
Most important.....A TUNE (a necissity to everyone)

Optional but really wake up the turbo
Big Cams with springs and retainers

These are common mods most people do any how. The green seems to really respond to free flowing exhaust.
Old May 13, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree i would say cams are a must on an evo 8. in retrospect i wish i had gone with more aggressive cams to get some more top end, HKS 280's or the like
Old May 13, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I installed my green before the cams.....holy cow the cams made a huge difference. Revolvers for me. Huge lift yeah baby!!
Old May 13, 2009, 04:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by zeus1
i agree i would say cams are a must on an evo 8. in retrospect i wish i had gone with more aggressive cams to get some more top end, HKS 280's or the like
you're doing pretty damn good with the HKS 272
Old May 13, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

the car pulls like a train but you know how it goes
Old May 13, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

272s are the best all around cams in my opinion. They idle well and have all around good power. Any other cam seems to have side affects. My revolvers are not much help for top end, but torque.....it's amazing.

Zeus1.....I know you love how you can be on the highway in 5th and just mash the gas to pass someone....no more need to downshift to pass. It is so awesome.

Then when you do have to downshift....whatch your neck...it's gonna feel it. So much fun!!
Old May 13, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

good to hear. yeah its great in 5th at about 70 and all of a sudden you are over 100 and hope there is no fuzz around
Old May 13, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Zeus1.....do you have any issues with your APS DV fluttering a lot when under boost going up hill???

I have one....the darn flutter drives me crazy. Maybe I need to crank it down a bit more.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by getsideways
No-one said it had anything to do with the head but it explains why the car is capable of 30 psi on pump gas thats all
STOCK longblock here.... and i've proven it on a dyno. 93 octane pumpgas only. And the timing isnt ridiculously low as some of you suspect.... Chris knows his way around pumpgas.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Zeus1.....do you have any issues with your APS DV fluttering a lot when under boost going up hill???

I have one....the darn flutter drives me crazy. Maybe I need to crank it down a bit more.
i had the same problem, thought it was my HKS BOV and switched to a Tial. Didnt do it. Changed to BOV spring from 11psi to 9psi since i lost vacuum because of cams.. still nada. Went to external Tial wastegate and bam fixed it. W/ the internal gate for some reason it builds boost at a faster ramping rate. (i know exactly opposite of what i would think) so its stuffing more air at low rpms during spool than the motor can handle (stock head etc)... at least thats my hypothesis since im cured now. Sorry to jack the thread... just helping out another Green buddy and giving props to another Mellon tuned green!

great numbers!
Old May 13, 2009, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Here are my mods, I have 555 at the wheels with alcky. But alot has changed in tuning since 2007. I'm upgrading to a 850R, AMS race head, CDI setup, new fuel setup, new F1 AMS manifold, kelford cams, and larger injectors. I'm getting tuned for 93, and E-85 I'm shooting for 800 awhp.

2.3 AMS race motor build
Shep Transmission 5 spd Race Trans
Cosworth Cams
ARP Head Studs
Wallbro 255 Fuel pump
AMS 35R Turbo kit
AMS VSR Intake Manifold
Excedy Twin Plate Clutch
AMS Upper Intercooler Piping
tial blow off valve
Apexi N1 exhaust system
1000cc injectors
Ams balance shaft elim
Koyo, now stock radiator
SMC Alcohol injection kit
HKS DLI ignition box
Turbo XS front mount intercooler
Ingals stiffy engine torque damper
AEM EMS IX ECU
Old May 14, 2009, 03:15 AM

Hey, hate to kind of jack this thread, but REALLY interested in getting a tune. I have a 05 gsr, stock block, stock porting on head, stock tranny, with a Peakboost GT30R FTW kit, 3" trust t1-r exhaust, AEM EMS, Buddy Club 264/272 cams, HKS cam gears, HKS SSQV BOV, XS Engineering intercooler upgrade with the hard pipes, Snow performance stage 2 methanol kit, RC Engineering 1000cc injectors, AMS fuel rail, Magnacor KV-85 wires. It is currently running a so-so tune and makes right at 400 awhp, but there is ALOT more there. It was tuned at 18 psi on 93 before the meth and cams so that will help also. I'm looking for 23-25 psi and 475-550 range. Is this possible, and if so can I call and possibly schedule a tune. I live in northern Kentucky and it wouldn't be too bad to get to where you are.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Never got a remote tune, so would appreciate it if you could let me know how long it usually takes to get the tune to an acceptable and perfect stage with remote tuning (a car like the above)
Old May 14, 2009, 04:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by myevo8you
Hey, hate to kind of jack this thread, but REALLY interested in getting a tune. I have a 05 gsr, stock block, stock porting on head, stock tranny, with a Peakboost GT30R FTW kit, 3" trust t1-r exhaust, AEM EMS, Buddy Club 264/272 cams, HKS cam gears, HKS SSQV BOV, XS Engineering intercooler upgrade with the hard pipes, Snow performance stage 2 methanol kit, RC Engineering 1000cc injectors, AMS fuel rail, Magnacor KV-85 wires. It is currently running a so-so tune and makes right at 400 awhp, but there is ALOT more there. It was tuned at 18 psi on 93 before the meth and cams so that will help also. I'm looking for 23-25 psi and 475-550 range. Is this possible, and if so can I call and possibly schedule a tune. I live in northern Kentucky and it wouldn't be too bad to get to where you are.
PM sent

Quick Reply: Mellon Tuning EVOgreen 410awhp 410tq