Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Most Wanteds IX RS Makes 804 WHP w/ Forced Performance's HTA3586

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shaun@awdmotorsports
nice work Brian... cant wait till we go to the track again and you run 8's
July 5th at the NSCRA event

Thanks everyone. It has been alot of fun seeing what these evo's can do...
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian - what has your chassis been certified to? Are you able to compete professionally/legally or are you at the mercy of the track officials looking the other way?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Very impressive to see a 2.0l produce that much TQ. Must make for a hell of a ride down the track. You are basically making the TQ that some of the stroker guys make on race gas and big turbos.

Seems that the fuel choice has a lot to do with it. I have been looking at a large amount of peoples dyno sheets on E85. E85 produces a great deal of TQ. I know the TQ can also be controled by how the tuner sets up the map. Still impressive either way. I can not wait to get back to Florida to set my fuel system up for it. Very interested to see how my stroker takes to it. My 93 map made good TQ, even with my Garrett old school 60 trim. (numbers in sig) Should make for some good results on E85.

Last edited by Cyloc; Jun 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sEvoIXnTurboS2k
Brian - what has your chassis been certified to? Are you able to compete professionally/legally or are you at the mercy of the track officials looking the other way?
I am 100% legal to 8.50 Ignition cut off, firewall, battery in trunk, parachute, seat brace, harness, scattershield, 10 pt cage, window net, etc, etc... Even got the shoes LOL... It's all there.

Its actually kind of funny. I have been racing at Moroso for 20 years. I have been harassed since day one for safety gear. So this car was done 100% to avoid any more hassles. When I went to the track last Friday to make my 8 or 9 sec runs the guy tells me they dont tech in anymore. He just asked if I had pants LOL... But I can honestly say I wouldn't want to drive this car at this level without the gear. Fire is one thing that worries me, so I wear everything even the shoes that aren't required....

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Jun 24, 2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cyloc
Very impressive to see a 2.0l produce that much TQ. Must make for a hell of a ride down the track. You are basically making the TQ that some of the stroker guys make on race gas and big turbos.

Seems that the fuel choice has a lot to do with it. I have been looking at a large amount of peoples dyno sheets on E85. E85 produces a great deal of TQ. I know the TQ can also be controled by how the tuner sets up the map. Still impressive either way. I can not wait to get back to Florida to set my fuel system up for it. Very interested to see how my stroker takes to it. My 93 map made good TQ, even with my Garrett old school 60 trim. (numbers in sig) Should make for some good results on E85.
Thank you. You are going to love E85 Can't beat the price either...
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
I am 100% legal to 8.50 Ignition cut off, firewall, battery in trunk, parachute, seat brace, harness, scattershield, 10 pt cage, window net, etc, etc... Even got the shoes LOL... It's all there.

Its actually kind of funny. I have been racing at Moroso for 20 years. I have been harassed since day one for safety gear. So this car was done 100% to avoid any more hassles. When I went to the track last Friday to make my 8 or 9 sec runs the guy tells me they dont tech in anymore. He just asked if I had pants LOL... But I can honestly say I wouldn't want to drive this car at this level without the gear. Fire is one thing that worries me, so I wear everything even the shoes that aren't required....
Very nice! If you were to compete professionally, would you be classed in the Outlaw class?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

congrats man, awesome power!!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice! If you were to compete professionally, would you be classed in the Outlaw class?
I think it would come down to classifications based on the organization he would be racing in.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:22 AM
Account Disabled

Sick man! Im very jealous you double my HP
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
I think it would come down to classifications based on the organization he would be racing in.
Oh I see. A few years back I was building (or having built) a full-time drag S2000 and was told I would be in the Outlaw class. That would have been pretty nasty because there are some very, very fast cars in that class and it takes a lot to be competitive.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:26 PM
Former Sponsor

There is really no Organized racing classes anymore for imports.. Brians car would be consider a Pro Car for sure if there still was organized racing..

Mike
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
There is really no Organized racing classes anymore for imports.. Brians car would be consider a Pro Car for sure if there still was organized racing..

Mike
So, aside from the NHRA, there is no longer an organization which allows people to legally compete for cash/prizes?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

So, aside from the NHRA, there is no longer an organization which allows people to legally compete for cash/prizes?
NHRA is done.. There are not any national level Import race organizations anymore..

Mike
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
"Mike or Brian" A question was asked as to how much psi was used to make this great accomplishment but was looked over.

How much {Boost/psi} was this 804awhp made on?

Great work guys, if I didn't have a great loyal tuner my car would be on its way to see you guys!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
"Mike or Brian" A question was asked as to how much psi was used to make this great accomplishment but was looked over.

How much {Boost/psi} was this 804awhp made on?

Great work guys, if I didn't have a great loyal tuner my car would be on its way to see you guys!
41 PSI, sorry I missed that question. Crispeed is my loyal tuner No one will ever touch the car again, so I hear ya on that... Its nice not even having to ask anything. I just give him the car and then I go drive it.

Quick Reply: Most Wanteds IX RS Makes 804 WHP w/ Forced Performance's HTA3586