Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Failcrew's Krazirob trip to TTP-Engineering for some stock turbo action on methanol!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 04:50 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Failcrew's Krazirob trip to TTP-Engineering for some stock turbo action on methanol!

Krazirob is one cool kat! Back in Orlando for a bit of business and pleasure, he found himself with enough free time to come on in and make another stop in to our shop for the FailCrew in N.C.

I think he soon regretted telling his boys back home about his intentions to stop in over here because once the word got out, he instantly became the delivery boy for all the Evo performance parts he could stuff in his trunk. Everything from our new TTP Race Hydraulic Lifters to Powerflex motor mounts and JDM rear bumpers he was asked to come pickup for his brethren back home.

Anyhow a great trip as usual with Rob's car, its one of the cleanest Evo IX's around. He has done a nice job with all of the installations of parts and electronics in the car. Too many if you ask me.

Some of the mods include the older style evogreen, stock injectors, HFS-1, ETS pipes and intake, Cosworth M2 cams, TBE.

Once we cleared out the custom tuning ahead of him on the schedule, we moved forward with the dynotuning of his car for the summer months ahead.

First of all as I stated earlier, Rob has an infatuation with electronics. Its no wonder the car is equipped with an Optima Gel Cell red top battery. Everything from LED voltage meters to Apexi speed meters, Ipods, XMradio receivers, wideband LED displays, aquamist flow meter LEDs, talking radar detectors, turbo timers and thats probably only half the electronic stuff he has jammed in there.

Before I even started tuning, the radar detector or gps kept talking so I think I unplugged like 5-6 electronic devices before we got underway haha... Its one thing for Evoscan to talk to you and tell you when you are connected, but its a whole other ball game when the gps, radar detector and XM radio also have their own talking outputs. I swear I was waiting for all of the devices to start up a conversation together. Anyhow with many of the voices unplugged I was able to get to work uniterrupted.

OK so we get to tuning. Rob is running an HFS-1 meth/water injection kit. He advised me that he was using 60/40 mix meth to water. We remapped his ECU and optimized his boost. All it would take was about 29.8psi of boost which I though was odd as we can usually max these turbo's out no problem with octane level. Upon further investigation, I noticed that Rob was only using one of the two supplied jets with the Aquamist kit. Some might think that two jets might equal a ton of injection fluid, however in the case of the Aquamist system, they have deliberately used multiple smaller jets in order to achieve high pressure and better atomization of the fluid for cooling purposes.

Using the single jet in conjunction with only 60% methanol content was limiting the power output of the car. Even at only 29psi, we were able to achieve 413whp and about 408tq on 93 with the 60/40 mix.

Our advice was for him to add the second jet to the system and have us either tune it on the same mix or with 100% methanol for best results.

Despite the small jet and limited boost we were able to run, Rob's car has a very smooth powerband even on the factory high resolution smoothing factor of 6%.

Here are the results:

Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob's interior is like a spaceship!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

OMG... Please post a pic of his interior or post a pic of the flightdeck of a C130 cause is kinda the same.....lol

anyways... good job. i always like those cars with hp and trq kinda even... they make nasty street cars.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for Rob's batmobile and scott's powerflex mounts. Thanks gentlemen.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Look below.

Last edited by redleg225; Jul 8, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

are you sure is that one?

Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

There it is! LOL
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next time I come through with the second nozzle installed (which I will throw on hopefully here in FL) I will have the blow job machine fully operational. Once you hit WOT its supposed to come out and start sucking.....

To not interrupt your tuning I decided to keep it off (which meant cuttin the wires) and also it wasn't clean from my long trip and lots of continous WOT pulls.

Anyhow thanks for the retune and post!!!!!!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

put this one up there scott

Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

very nice rob... car is an awesome well rounded street beast.

big ups to scott@ttp our boy from the deep south... too bad none of us other broke *** NC boys can make it down for a visit (still waiting on my ticket)

and its not fail crew amymore.,. its force-fed performance
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

How you like the carbon center gauge pod...... very nice..... let me know if you want one thats OUR own production piece....

OH BTW Scott... did you find the "Before Engine Run" check list in the glove compartment. We made him one at the Air Force Base... I think you did cause we where told that you got step 3 down....you know " seat belt and shoulder harness"..... Oh and sorry about "B!tching Betty" we still working on that program, she talks way too much

Last edited by crewdawg130; Jul 8, 2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to have to make it down there one of these days when I can afford to buy the FPRed. I will be needing a Carbon center gauge pod here soon enough too!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmmairborne
put this one up there scott

I think your missing the flux capacitor.....
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its actually missing the talking radar detector, GPS and XM radio receiver hanging off the windshield.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

details, details....lol

we need to make a road trip and invade your shop this summer and burn the rollers off your dyno....

Quick Reply: Failcrew's Krazirob trip to TTP-Engineering for some stock turbo action on methanol!