Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

What's your Stock Turbo HP/TQ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vetboss
803 - From the research I have done, its apparent that an MD and a Dynomite (and other dyno types) are going to give different numbers for the same vehicles. Just the same that two MD dynos could give different numbers as well (I'm not an expert by any means, I am referring to information written on this site by those in the know). I've only been on the Dynomite at Atlantic Motor Sports so I have no contrast of data on my car compared to data from other dynos. If there is an issue with the plausibility of my WHP/WTQ info, then I am open to feedback. I have no reason to believe that my tune/power numbers are not legit. Atlantic Motor Sports is a reputable shop and I have an excellent repore with them. I know of other evo's with similar mods, ran on the exact same dyno, that are putting down numbers in the same range as I have posted. If you've got constuctive feedback for me, then I welcome it. I just dont see how a thumbs down and a story about how you got **** in the past accomplishes this.
I didn't question the validity of your numbers. If you go back and read when people were giving me crap about my stock turbo pump gas numbers on TTP's mustang dyno earlier you will see why I wrote that. Your numbers are very believable and 385-400whp on the stock turbo on pump are very achievable. My 364whp on a MD should be pretty close to 400whp on a Dynojet...my trap times can back that up. And yes you are correct, a MD and a Dynomite will not read the same...the MD will read lower. I'm going to assume however, that a Dynomite reads the same as a Dynojet? Some constructive feedback for you is to not get "sensitive" about other people's posts.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
The Black is a great turbo. I say get it

Mikey

Im reeeeally tempted to do a black, but Im stuck between it and the red. I havent seen a black setup yet how I want mine to be. 93+meth with full boltons, ported manifolds and o2, stock block and head with cams at around 35-40 psi. I wanna know how much sh*t Id be stepping into before actually doing it haha.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ My good friend dan has that same setup on a stock motor and he put down 520hp. It is a great street car and he will have 550 soon on the stock motor. Great turbo if you ask me.

Mikey
Old Jan 4, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Im wondering though if Id get more out of the Red though with the same setup, just because the Red would be more in its happy zone and the black would be operating at slightly under its efficiency area, correct?. Im looking for 550whp, thats the number I have in my head, and trap 130 is my goal.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

^ go Black. It takes a lot to get 550 on a Red. I would get the Black for sure. I think anyone wanting over 500 should do the Black. Because once you build your motor you can then run 650 with the same turbo!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by XcreatonX
what fuel are you running. any meth?
what are you tuning with?
i'm running 98 ron same as 93 octane no meth and tuning with ecuflash
Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:57 PM

with the build engine and 40psi out of the red, 550 are no problems.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

^ ya but that is not something that everyone has laying around in their garage. The largest portion of Red owners or "wanters" have stock motors and 550 on stock motor is not a walk in the park.

Mikey
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsuevo803
I didn't question the validity of your numbers.
Never said that you did, simply stated, that I did not view your feedback as being constructive, it seems that I mis-understood your post...but when you clarified this time around, it found it usefull and appreciated it.

Some constructive feedback for you is to not get "sensitive" about other people's posts.
Seriously?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Never said that you did, simply stated, that I did not view your feedback as being constructive, it seems that I mis-understood your post...but when you clarified this time around, it found it usefull and appreciated it.
I figured you just wasn't sure what I was talking about. And based on what you wrote, it seemed that you were implying it.

Seriously?
Maybe they need a sarcasm font in this forum...no hard feelings
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:14 PM

why get a red if u can get a black for the same price . i just bought a red , black come out make me feel sad .
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

I figured you just wasn't sure what I was talking about. And based on what you wrote, it seemed that you were implying it.

Maybe they need a sarcasm font in this forum...no hard feelings
I love you man
Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe they need a sarcasm font in this forum...no hard feelings[/QUOTE]

Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
^ go Black. It takes a lot to get 550 on a Red. I would get the Black for sure. I think anyone wanting over 500 should do the Black. Because once you build your motor you can then run 650 with the same turbo!
Yea I know its pushin the Red to close to its limits. You dont see many people putting down too close to 550 on a red with stock block, you and Ryu are the only 2 I can think of around that ballpark. Im like 80% decided that I probably will go for the black just because of that fact alone that like you said, Ill be able to reach my goal and still have plenty left in it when I do a 2.3. I know Ill be itching to do a 6262 though when I do a 2.3
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Whats the highest hp & tq that a evo8 16g has made? ported or unported

Quick Reply: What's your Stock Turbo HP/TQ?