Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Mellon Tuning / INLINE RACING 35r EVOIX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice numbers Tom and Mellon, BTW Tom, I finally ditched the 9.8 turbo on my car and put on your 9 turbo, I would have to say night and day difference. I did not buy anything to put it on, just cut and welded my 8 elbow and bent all the water and oil lines to fit. Need to take me for a ride, Huy says its pretty fast.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:05 AM
Account Disabled

as long as a car is behaving a single pull per revision works fine...however when you're getting down to creating perfection, it helps to have a couple of pulls to find any patterns.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LOVEBOOOST
CONGRATS SIR U HAVE 2 THREADS ONE FROM U AND ONE FROM CHRIS AND CHRIS SAYS U ARE TUNED ON 28PSI AND U SAY 27PSI LOL GOOD NUMBERS
technically they're both correct... if you want to get nit-picky... EXACT boost was at 27.8psi (peak) w/ avg around 27.3-27.5 psi... Round up, yes 28psi... but it can be interpreted as 27 or 28 (i wasnt rounding up)...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

- We'll hit the track, once i get some drag radials and a twin disc clutch. We tried launching it in the street and it was just retarded w/ wheel spin, lol... and the ACT single isnt cutting it w/ the shifting. Im getting lock out trying to shift at 8krpm... so im shifting slow from 3rd to 4th. Still quick even w/ that handicap =)

- No, we didnt do 3 pulls for each revision... sometimes i took multiple pulls, sometimes only one. And yeah..... it aint easy w/out getting pulled over. I aborted a few runs due to random cops... Actually drove pretty far out to make my pulls and sent logs via internet usb card while i was driving =)
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Nice numbers Tom and Mellon, BTW Tom, I finally ditched the 9.8 turbo on my car and put on your 9 turbo, I would have to say night and day difference. I did not buy anything to put it on, just cut and welded my 8 elbow and bent all the water and oil lines to fit. Need to take me for a ride, Huy says its pretty fast.
hey Marcus! yeah, i heard you finally put it on. I was wondering how it went. I bet its a huge difference. When i had it on, it ran really strong. We got 340whp out of that thing on 24psi... i was trapping around 114mph w/ that stock turbo, lol... Glad you made it work w/out the install kit!

I think the new 35r is pretty quick also... fastest car i've owned to date, thats for sure... but a 500whp car is on the low end compared to the monsters that come out of Huy's shop,
Old Aug 2, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

sick mellon! i will be seeing u soon mellon. i'm hoping for the same results when u throw some more timing at mine. i have a cbrd intercooler with the garrett core so that should help. =)
Old Aug 5, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

well went to the track... ended up running at IFO (Import Face Off) in their street class quick 8. got there late so no practice... just straight to qualifying, lol... i launched, spun... and shifted 1st to 2nd at only 7600rpm (nervous so forgot i was supposed to be shifting at 8krpm!) well shifted to 3rd correctly... then when i was approaching 8krpm i go to shift 4th gear and it locks me out! try again, and nasty grind! i wanted to salvage what i could from the run so i just slam it into 4th and it finally goes in, lol... rev it out and barely shift into 5th to cross the finish. Felt like it was a ****ty run... but i ended up qualifying in the #1 position w/ an 11.5 @ 120mph. Obviously the trapspeed was super low because of my fiasco w/ 4th gear. Further proven by the fact my 1/8mi trap was decent at 98mph... So we felt good about the potential of the car... thinking we could further better the time to a really low 11et and 125mph traps. Well round 1 eliminations come... and i get a bye-run (whew). Round 2 and i smoke the clutch n 3rd... bleh... (but the other guy botched his run too so i won luckily)... round 3(finals) i was pitted against the Cobb GTR and the clutch was still f'd up... slipped bad in the upper gears and ran a slow 12... ended up taking 2nd place and a measily $100 bucks... and a really sad clutch, lol... not too bad for a spur of the moment race. Unprepared and running on 18" volks w/ street tires =) Thanks mellon for a great tune!

-Tom
Old Aug 5, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
well went to the track... ended up running at IFO (Import Face Off) in their street class quick 8. got there late so no practice... just straight to qualifying, lol... i launched, spun... and shifted 1st to 2nd at only 7600rpm (nervous so forgot i was supposed to be shifting at 8krpm!) well shifted to 3rd correctly... then when i was approaching 8krpm i go to shift 4th gear and it locks me out! try again, and nasty grind! i wanted to salvage what i could from the run so i just slam it into 4th and it finally goes in, lol... rev it out and barely shift into 5th to cross the finish. Felt like it was a ****ty run... but i ended up qualifying in the #1 position w/ an 11.5 @ 120mph. Obviously the trapspeed was super low because of my fiasco w/ 4th gear. Further proven by the fact my 1/8mi trap was decent at 98mph... So we felt good about the potential of the car... thinking we could further better the time to a really low 11et and 125mph traps. Well round 1 eliminations come... and i get a bye-run (whew). Round 2 and i smoke the clutch n 3rd... bleh... (but the other guy botched his run too so i won luckily)... round 3(finals) i was pitted against the Cobb GTR and the clutch was still f'd up... slipped bad in the upper gears and ran a slow 12... ended up taking 2nd place and a measily $100 bucks... and a really sad clutch, lol... not too bad for a spur of the moment race. Unprepared and running on 18" volks w/ street tires =) Thanks mellon for a great tune!

-Tom
Congrats on the run at IFO , I wanted to go out there sat. nite but I was out in Dallas . Fail
Old Aug 5, 2009, 04:56 PM
Account Disabled

haha you did pretty great and with issues
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MAN!!!!!!!!!!! I can wait to go to dallas to meet some of you evo guys etc. im just 3 hours away from there but im doing a build. something special to finally shut mellon up. Just wait major update for you chris. Nice run at the track i should have been there but you will see me next year or in janurary. Having no evo is the pits lol