Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Matt's DG Tuned Evo 9 313whp/315wtq w/ Video!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt's DG Tuned Evo 9 313whp/315wtq w/ Video!

Just finished up tuning Matt's awesome evo 9. Matt had us install a buschur ported exh. manifold, megan o2 housing, 255 fuel pump, and a forge mbc. Car made great power on our dyno considering the boost level and mods on the car. Today we are seeing 75 degrees and 40% humidity. What a relief since It's been real hot and humid lately here on Long Island, NY.

Onto the mods:

- Greddy Ti Tbe
- Ets FMIC
- Ets upper/lower IC Piping
- Ets Intake
- Forge Mbc
- Buschur ported/coated Exh. Manifold
- Megan o2 Housing

Tuned by Pete @ DG

Dyno Sheets:

Nice Linear and Smooth power band. This car is still making over 300whp on our dyno @ 23.5 psi after 7,000rpm.

Note: 320whp on our dyno has went 11.7-8 with a 1.7 60ft in a full weight evo 9.

Enjoy your car Matt, see you soon for some future upgrades!

Here is a little video my brother put together while working with us today!

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si2zHKnBFVs
Old Aug 7, 2009, 02:44 PM

Damn thats pretty good.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Sick, i didn't know you guys made a video. Have to send me that =D

Car drives EXCELLENT, i'm very happy. Also glad to see that I have myself a strong healthy car, i'll post up a review thread once I get some seat time in it. Thanks again Pete, pleasure dealing with you guys and you will def see me back.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DawnoffateX
Sick, i didn't know you guys made a video. Have to send me that =D

Car drives EXCELLENT, i'm very happy. Also glad to see that I have myself a strong healthy car, i'll post up a review thread once I get some seat time in it. Thanks again Pete, pleasure dealing with you guys and you will def see me back.
Glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank You for giving us 2 days for the work we performed on your car knowing we were jam packed. You were an awesome and patient customer to deal with. Take care!

The video is up and running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si2zHKnBFVs
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Very nice. Hows it feel compared to stock?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b00stedtalon
Very nice. Hows it feel compared to stock?
Well, I had a bunch of mods on it before I brought it down, but it was running stock boost levels (or close to, it had a tendancy to spike I suppose due to the mods, but would spike only to 20-21psi)

DG installed the fuel pump, header + o2 housing and the boost controller.

What's very interesting to me is that the car actually drives BETTER now then it did. I always get anxious about how things will effect drive ability, but I can just tell the entire power band is smoothed out and it feels like stock mod wise. The car pulls alot harder now, hard enough that it makes me nervous in first gear. I've driven faster cars, but I had 10x more money into them. Overall i'm very happy with how the car is performing right now, just got some seat time in it tonight and spun it around a bit. Getting a feel for it

Pete was excellent, took the time to answer all my PM's and questions, kept me updated on what was going on, got the car back to me within 24 hours - found a bunch of rigged stuff and things that needed to be fixed while performing otherwise routine work. You can tell these guys give a **** about the cars that come in, which is important with a car like this. The price was excellent, no complaints at all. Definitely would recommend anyone looking to get work done to drop by and check out the place and to talk to Pete.

Thanks again
Old Aug 8, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Great numbers.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Well, I had a bunch of mods on it before I brought it down, but it was running stock boost levels (or close to, it had a tendancy to spike I suppose due to the mods, but would spike only to 20-21psi)

DG installed the fuel pump, header + o2 housing and the boost controller.

What's very interesting to me is that the car actually drives BETTER now then it did. I always get anxious about how things will effect drive ability, but I can just tell the entire power band is smoothed out and it feels like stock mod wise. The car pulls alot harder now, hard enough that it makes me nervous in first gear. I've driven faster cars, but I had 10x more money into them. Overall i'm very happy with how the car is performing right now, just got some seat time in it tonight and spun it around a bit. Getting a feel for it

Pete was excellent, took the time to answer all my PM's and questions, kept me updated on what was going on, got the car back to me within 24 hours - found a bunch of rigged stuff and things that needed to be fixed while performing otherwise routine work. You can tell these guys give a **** about the cars that come in, which is important with a car like this. The price was excellent, no complaints at all. Definitely would recommend anyone looking to get work done to drop by and check out the place and to talk to Pete.

Thanks again
Glad your getting some seat time..The car really woke up huh? Enjoy and be safe! Talk to you soon!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome can you tell which plugs you are using?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
Awesome can you tell which plugs you are using?
I believe they were stock, I could be wrong, I am sure Matt will chime in!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

OEM Mitsu plugs 6k ish miles iirc.

Also, I might be going out on a ledge here, but did you guys put in the little plastic clip that held the oem air scoop onto the top of the bumper? I snapped one of them when I was moving it around installing my intake pipe and only had one in, now there are two - i can't imagine how else a second one would have ended up there, unless my car has some voodoo. If you did, that's attention to detail =O

A week in car is super smooth no problems, of course i'm starting to get used to the power again and I keep thinking "BBK full, BBK full" but there are some other things I need to attend to first haha.

Also, I ended up taking the top heat shield off too. Car looks too sexy without it there. I figure if people can run the huge tubular manifolds without an issue, my coated stocker should be fine. Everything is nice and open there now.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 05:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Also, I might be going out on a ledge here, but did you guys put in the little plastic clip that held the oem air scoop onto the top of the bumper? I snapped one of them when I was moving it around installing my intake pipe and only had one in, now there are two - i can't imagine how else a second one would have ended up there, unless my car has some voodoo. If you did, that's attention to detail =O

A week in car is super smooth no problems, of course i'm starting to get used to the power again and I keep thinking "BBK full, BBK full" but there are some other things I need to attend to first haha.

Also, I ended up taking the top heat shield off too. Car looks too sexy without it there. I figure if people can run the huge tubular manifolds without an issue, my coated stocker should be fine. Everything is nice and open there now.
Couldn't let you leave with out that plastic clip, not sure if you noticed we trimmed down the clamps that hold the coupler from the uicp-throttle body. They were way tooooo long! Anything out of the ordinary that I see I fix. Nothing against anyone's work but when a car leaves my shop I want everything nice and together.

Glad the car is running well. The Ported/Coated stock exh. manifold does look much better without the stock heat shield on. We will always put everything back on the car unless asked not to from the beginning.

Stay in touch and enjoy it! (There is still power to be made with that stock turbo too!)
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

car must be sick feeling compared to stock, good job, been hearing more and more about DG
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

You know what dude, now that you said that, I had to plastic panel clips missing from my fromt bumper when I went to DG motors...I left with two clipls in my bumper...lmfao

DG is the only shop to bring your Evo to..Great service