Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

590whp 576wtq@40.2psi FPred/Stock Block (TTP TUNED)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sickk .. That's my goal .. Im gonna try to build the stock block fully
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
This setup is by far the most fun I have had in this car to date. The only thing I am hating is this clutch. I'm about two seconds away from calling spec and demanding a refund. I have never had a clutch that takes so long to disengage. It's getting ridiculous. Now I regret not going with an Exedy Triple.
We have no problem with the one i put in no lifting every gear like butter. I am taking the trans out cause the guy went from 4th to 3rd so if you want you can come look at it for yourself i love the clutch.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE1
We have no problem with the one i put in no lifting every gear like butter. I am taking the trans out cause the guy went from 4th to 3rd so if you want you can come look at it for yourself i love the clutch.
I'm happy for you that this clutch is not giving you issues. You are one of the lucky ones. I am most definitely not the only one having issues. A few guys received this clutch only to find the pressure plate was not even machined for clearance. I am going to bleed the TOB for an hour tonight and if that does not fix this issue I am going to call spec and see what I can do to get a refund. Having a brand new clutch that will not allow you to shift into any gear in the upper rpms is inexcuseable.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm happy for you that this clutch is not giving you issues. You are one of the lucky ones. I am most definitely not the only one having issues. A few guys received this clutch only to find the pressure plate was not even machined for clearance. I am going to bleed the TOB for an hour tonight and if that does not fix this issue I am going to call spec and see what I can do to get a refund. Having a brand new clutch that will not allow you to shift into any gear in the upper rpms is inexcuseable.
I'm sorry to hear you having issues with the clutch. I have read that the master cylinder on our cars are insufficient for that clutch, does not push enough fluid out to fully disengage.

We sure hope you can find a resolution.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Where is engagement point? The others who were having problems sounded like the TOB does not travel far enough to disengage clutch. Either a smaller diameter slave or larger master is needed to make it work correctly. Not really a good reason to give up on the clutch. There are others having good results with it. So apparently the travel issue is border line acceptable and is not an issue with some cars but is an issue with others. As these cars get older the wear and tear on clutch pedal is going to vary from car to car. Just the wear on clevis pin would be enough to make or break proper travel.

On a negative note every clutch has a down fall somewhere. It may be the discs are just too heavy for good high RPM shifting. I havent yet seen one in person so I havent yet had the opportunity to feel the weight od the discs compared to stock.

Bleeding clutch for an hour is not gonna do anything. A new master might help or a solid clutch line. anything that would reduce pressure loss in the line.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Aug 19, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I'm sorry to hear you having issues with the clutch. I have read that the master cylinder on our cars are insufficient for that clutch, does not push enough fluid out to fully disengage.

We sure hope you can find a resolution.
Thanks, so do I. I waited 40 days to receive this clutch. I'm certainly going to exhaust all my options before having to replace it.

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Where is engagement point? The others who were having problems sounded like the TOB does not travel far enough to disengage clutch. Either a smaller diameter slave or larger master is needed to make it work correctly. Not really a good reason to give up on the clutch. There are others having good results with it. So apparently the travel issue is border line acceptable and is not an issue with some cars but is an issue with others. As these cars get older the wear and tear on clutch pedal is going to vary from car to car. Just the wear on clevis pin would be enough to make or break proper travel.

On a negative note every clutch has a down fall somewhere. It may be the discs are just too heavy for good high RPM shifting. I havent yet seen one in person so I havent yet had the opportunity to feel the weight od the discs compared to stock.

Bleeding clutch for an hour is not gonna do anything. A new master might help or a solid clutch line. anything that would reduce pressure loss in the line.
I have the pedal up nearly all the way. The engagement point appears to be at about the half way from the floor. Are you aware of a larger master cylinder available for the Evo that would help increase fluid pressure to eliminate this problem completely?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Good numbers as usual Scott!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:23 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks, so do I. I waited 40 days to receive this clutch. I'm certainly going to exhaust all my options before having to replace it.

Keep us posted and let us know if we can help in any way.

Last edited by Veronica@TTP; Aug 19, 2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

I have the pedal up nearly all the way. The engagement point appears to be at about the half way from the floor. Are you aware of a larger master cylinder available for the Evo that would help increase fluid pressure to eliminate this problem completely?
I wonder if this clutch has the same issues as the tilton. There have have been a few cases where washers have to be put behind the TOB to bring it closer to the pressure plate. This closes the gap and allows for more contact with the pressure plate. Causing it to release better.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wicked just wicked!!!!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyloc
I wonder if this clutch has the same issues as the tilton. There have have been a few cases where washers have to be put behind the TOB to bring it closer to the pressure plate. This closes the gap and allows for more contact with the pressure plate. Causing it to release better.
In my mind it seems that it might be a solution. Its disappointing that manufacturers just cannot get it right though out of the box.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
In my mind it seems that it might be a solution. Its disappointing that manufacturers just cannot get it right though out of the box.
I absolutely agree with you. At least with the tilton, it comes with specific instructions to make measurements. They have made it known that the measurement that are to be made, are to aid with contact due to the molds for the casting being imperfect and reused over and over.

Maybe this is a lesson that other manufacturers should follow.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Well with the aid of a friend I bled the living **** out of this TOB. The disengagement has definitely gotten better as we were able to get a little bit of air out of the line after a full hour of bleeding it. I was able to get into 2nd gear lift shifting once out of 4 times and into 4th gear once out of 2 times both in the 7500-7800rpm range. Were getting closer but were not quite there just yet.

I am going to give Spec a call tomorrow and see if they can give me all the information needed on clearance measurements for the TOB to the fins on the PP.

Last edited by RyuEvoIX; Aug 19, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Veronica@TTP
Keep us posted and let us know if we can help in any way.
Thanks. As soon as I get the info from Spec I'll give you guys a call.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck with the clutch if you still have problems with the car i would get another master and the blue synthetic fluid maybe you are braking the fluid down to fast with heat

Quick Reply: 590whp 576wtq@40.2psi FPred/Stock Block (TTP TUNED)