Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 9-- BBK Full, Stock Block E-85

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whoang40
I hope this is not on stock clutch, but awesome #'s again from the BBK turbo.
Its not, but if it was Id just run it until it went.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Is a new FMIC a must with a BBK Full?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

As with any mod its not a must, but very helpful.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:07 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by house_of_senate
I have always felt my torque was low, I think that is from my Kelfords. My target boost is always 30 PSI so it was around there. I did not log the exact boost on the run. I use a profec B spec II to control boost.
30psi is perfect for this turbo I have not seen fabulous results from the kelford 272 mivec cams, but it was only on the stock turbo...the FP 4R's seem to be the way to go for lots of reasons, but you have quite the power curve there, don't be in a hurry to take the car apart again Enjoy it!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I love the powerband

Last edited by house_of_senate; Sep 18, 2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why exactly are Kelfords not the way to go with the BBK? That's what I was planning.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Why exactly are Kelfords not the way to go with the BBK? That's what I was planning.
I dont think he meant they are not the way to go. I love my setup, no real way to tell whats best without back to back tests.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Scheides runs the kelford 272's in his car with the bbk full! But his is and 8 and not a 9! Im guessing he means just for the 9's go with the fp4r's!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Nice tune and results. Enjoy!!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:51 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by t-revzr
Scheides runs the kelford 272's in his car with the bbk full! But his is and 8 and not a 9! Im guessing he means just for the 9's go with the fp4r's!
Sorry, its going OT so I didn't go into too much detail. I do run kelford 272's, but in my evo8. For the evo8, I think they are THE cams to get.

I have a bunch of friends with IX's. Some with stock cams, some with FP 4R's, and one with kelfords. Peak whp and wtq on all of them is about the same. Unfortunately (but still an awesome setup) they are all on the stock IX turbo, so the comparison is not directly comparable. The kelford car spooled up about where the stock cams did, but made mediocre torque, then died off pretty hard up top. 4R's taht I've seen add several hundred rpm of spool-up improvement, and thus better bottom-end torque. They also are able to hold power way up top. The 4R's compared well to the Cossie M2's as well (another IX friend), but considering ALL of the above have the possibility of snapping except the 4R's, along with the dyno data that I have seen (limited, but it is what it is) the 4R's are what I would choose. Again, its not definitive, but merely the plots I've seen on my buddy's cars.

Truth be told, if I had an IX, I wouldn't buy cams until after I had a BBK in the car
Old Sep 18, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about s2's for the ix???
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

I just read a thread about how the BBK doesn't last, some guy got his mellon tuned but wants to go green since the BBK has broken down so many times... I'm not sure if BBK is the way to go anymore, just my 2cents, was wondering if OP had any doubts...[just realized OP is running E85, does that make a difference on the wear of the turbo?]
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dorikun
I just read a thread about how the BBK doesn't last, some guy got his mellon tuned but wants to go green since the BBK has broken down so many times... I'm not sure if BBK is the way to go anymore, just my 2cents, was wondering if OP had any doubts...[just realized OP is running E85, does that make a difference on the wear of the turbo?]
Can you post me a link to this thread please! Im thinkin about the bbk i would like to see what this guy has to say!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dorikun
Every other thread you will read will say how robust the bbk is. This was one case and Im actually quite shocked that someone like Mellon would talk pubically like that about a turbo.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice numbers man cant wait till i can get the BBK!!!

Quick Reply: Evo 9-- BBK Full, Stock Block E-85