Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2011, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Extreme Tuners
We used at the past.
Bigger housing = more time to compress (lag)

1983 till 1999 for 1400 HP need T6 housing, 2006 we manage it with T4, I think we can also with T3. More efficient the wheel is, more downgrading the housing size.

Spyros
Good point. Thanks for the insight. I just know alot of people around here swear by the T6 housings. Mainly for big V8 methanol motors using 108mm turbos though.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor

It needs more time to explain it better. Ofcourse big displacement engines requires bigger turbine housing and wheels. Or smaller running high boost. Or even smaller running high rpms with low boost. It's all matter size of volume at the exhaust side.
I will make a post to analyse it better
Old Jan 6, 2011, 03:31 PM

It needs more time to explain it better. Ofcourse big displacement engines requires bigger turbine housing and wheels. Or smaller running high boost. Or even smaller running high rpms with low boost. It's all matter size of volume at the exhaust side.
I will make a post to analyse it better
Thanks! I understand it for the most part, just wasn't sure if it was beneficial for a 4 cyl or not. You're the man!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

F1 comes to our favorite game again after so many years. Turbo + 4 cylinder + 1600cc for 2013

New technology and quality parts. Already starting the "game"

Spy photos anyone?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:07 PM

F1 comes to our favorite game again after so many years. Turbo + 4 cylinder + 1600cc for 2013

Spy photos anyone?
You can PM me some... I know some buddies that would be too happy in their pants.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Good stuff spyros! Can't wait for the us testing of these new wheels! Should set the playing field on a whole other level for t3 turbos!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

LOL @ all the haters in this thread. Not everyone is out there for time slips. Different stokes for differnet folks.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Steve93Talon
In case u didn't know this car uses one of the earlier 4g motors making that much power. The 4g in evolution 8s and 9s are lightyears apart from this motor. Their are many differences. Not to mention this is a tube chasis car fiberglass shell no interior. The ams evo is a street legal full interior car.

And as for the author of this thread if I read ur dyno charts correctly and correct me if im wrong but that is flywheel horsepower. And using your 18 to 23 percent loss rule for drivetrain that would put it around 800 to 900 at the wheels. Ams evo had 808 wheel horse power in 06' one year before your claim to fame. Its in the 06 issue of modified magazine. Do your research. It now has over 1200 wheel horse power not crank horsepower. Another thing is for it to be considered a world record it must be documented and witnessed by officials. If yours wasn't then its your own fault so stop complaining.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by awdordie
In case u didn't know this car uses one of the earlier 4g motors making that much power. The 4g in evolution 8s and 9s are lightyears apart from this motor. Their are many differences. Not to mention this is a tube chasis car fiberglass shell no interior. The ams evo is a street legal full interior car.

And as for the author of this thread if I read ur dyno charts correctly and correct me if im wrong but that is flywheel horsepower. And using your 18 to 23 percent loss rule for drivetrain that would put it around 800 to 900 at the wheels. Ams evo had 808 wheel horse power in 06' one year before your claim to fame. Its in the 06 issue of modified magazine. Do your research. It now has over 1200 wheel horse power not crank horsepower. Another thing is for it to be considered a world record it must be documented and witnessed by officials. If yours wasn't then its your own fault so stop complaining.
thats a lot of false info right there.

1. the evo 4g63 block is not lightyears ahead of nothing.. its the same **** in the dsm's. stock internals are stronger, but the blocks the same, nothing special about the block at all. same old cast iron block.

2. ams drag evo does not have full interior.. its a stripped out race car. it has the dashboard maybe thats about it.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
And as for the author of this thread if I read ur dyno charts correctly and correct me if im wrong but that is flywheel horsepower.
It isn't. Dynapack calls it that, which makes things confusing, but it's comparable to what you'd see with a Dynojet.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B
It isn't. Dynapack calls it that, which makes things confusing, but it's comparable to what you'd see with a Dynojet.
ya same stuff RRE uses. and the ams evo actually dynoed on it before also. he needs to really do more research before calling someone out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxEgyQL4r1Q
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:21 AM
Former Sponsor

awdordie, thanks for ur post, but i prefer from u to read my posts carefully next time.

The litle time that i have, i prefer to write technical posts or answer to serius posts from serius people.

thanks
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

1983 till 1999 for 1400 HP need T6 housing, 2006 we manage it with T4, I think we can also with T3. More efficient the wheel is, more downgrading the housing size.

Spyros
and the more efficient the motor the less turbo overall needed.... i love this thread its making me interested in cars again.

spyros you obviously know people in f1 or are involved in f1 yourself. i'd like to ask you, how long before you see an affordable pneumatic valvetrain coming to this market?

Eddie
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Spy photos anyone?
wow really? please pm me any pics... or email to prrikan@yahoo.com

Eddie
Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The 4g in evolution 8s and 9s are lightyears apart from this motor. Their are many differences.
Lightyears apart, but the same engine code? Yes, there are "many" differences, but it is the same base engine, hence the same code.

The ams evo is a street legal full interior car.
This is not a full interior:

Quick Reply: Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)