Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
track performance

Hi guys,
here you can see the power of the turbo, Spyros and his guys have built for us - generating massive tire shakes usually seen only with the big blower engines! The most powerfull turbo we have had so far!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...24991&comments

And it still was a 200mph+ run!

(slow motion videos are allways without sound )

Don't wonder why the other car is allready disappearing - in competition eliminator the car with the slower index gets an advanced start. In this case the dragster started with an advance of 2.2sec. And because of the tire shakes I couldn't get him - but he won only by 0.1 sec!

Markus
Linde Bros Dragracing
Attached Thumbnails Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)-front-view.jpg  
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
To run the valve acceleration rates that Spryos does on these cylinder heads, he needs very light valves (Ti), which require Copper Beryllium seats, which don't last very long. Furthermore you'll need some serious rocker arms, & solid lash adjusters. I think the key difference here is that he's making RACE parts for RACE cars. Not better than OEM parts for people who drive their cars to work and back.

I'd love to put his cylinder head on my engine... the question is can I afford it.
I think you know I'm not talking "commuter" parts and there is such thing as "amateur" racing. Just parts that fit somewhere in the middle of what he's shown here and what is out there (commuter parts) from other places.

Do they offer a connecting rod that's lighter than the others while staying at a reasonable price point (like Carillo pricing) and handling 11,000 RPM?

11:1 pistons that are light and can handle say 800 WHP and 11,000 RPM instead of beryllium pistons meant for 2000 HP and 15k RPM?

Forged crank with cut down counter weights and hollow rod journals tipping the scale a hair over 20 pounds and good for 800ish HP?

You know, the "no exotic materials" type racing.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Aug 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I hear what you mean, but I think it starts to come down to life expectancy for parts and time between rebuilds/refreshes.

Typically you don't get to have your cake AND eat it to.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3gEclipseTurbo
when peak tq is half the peak hp, automotive engineering can kiss my ***.
As an automotive engineer, I will do no such thing. You sir have a complete lack of understanding in the manner of a 'powerband'.
If you also think that an F1 car makes the same tq from 2000-18000 RPM, I feel very sorry for you and your understanding of an engine.

Spyros, keep up the good work

I still can't imagine the pricing on some of your one-off parts.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by homemade wrx
As an automotive engineer, I will do no such thing. You sir have a complete lack of understanding in the manner of a 'powerband'.
If you also think that an F1 car makes the same tq from 2000-18000 RPM, I feel very sorry for you and your understanding of an engine.

Spyros, keep up the good work

I still can't imagine the pricing on some of your one-off parts.
hi micah, glad to see you on here

carmi
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
I think you know I'm not talking "commuter" parts and there is such thing as "amateur" racing. Just parts that fit somewhere in the middle of what he's shown here and what is out there (commuter parts) from other places.

Do they offer a connecting rod that's lighter than the others while staying at a reasonable price point (like Carillo pricing) and handling 11,000 RPM?

11:1 pistons that are light and can handle say 800 WHP and 11,000 RPM instead of beryllium pistons meant for 2000 HP and 15k RPM?

Forged crank with cut down counter weights and hollow rod journals tipping the scale a hair over pounds and good for 800ish HP?

You know, the "no exotic materials" type racing.

Hi all again, back to work again.

03whitegsr, there is no magic. The “magic” combination is science + expensive materials + million euro cnc machinery. We have more than 2.5milion $ cnc facility and we are not even capable to produce such high technology parts. We can, but the most expensive part of the story is the quality inspection procedure and measuring that we don’t have these facilities. That’s why we use our colleagues and connections to build such special parts. If u see these facilities producing parts for F1 and all type of professional racing u will understand why the cost is to high, there are 150-200 people working just to one facility and more than 3bilion $ in machinery, how can the prices compare to other “cheap” parts u told me, when for every our custom special part we order working for us more than 20 people design it and make it reality to these facilities?

There is no way cheap 4340 material >700grms rod and 350-400grms 4032 and 2618 aluminum piston accelerate to 11-12000 rpms u told me. We use only quality parts, and tested so as to be sure that will be no failure. How can u compare 4340 with Ti and costly berilium materials?

Unfortunately I can’t publish pics but I can give u a video from just one partner of the group to understand the size. We use same institutes to all Europe and every one working for us for every occasion. They don’t even know the 4g63 engine.
I would be happy if I were u, that there is someone that transfers the experience and the knowledge of high automotive technology and parts to common passenger engines trying to make them as high eficient can be.

We built racing parts for every engine we want, but is off topic to tell u how many other type of engines and parts we built, but I personally love 4g63 and I will keep built high end parts for me, and to anyone can afford them. I am not here to resell the ready of the self cheap parts that u can find everywhere. This is not high end tuning, we don’t care even to stock them.
As second and less expensive solutions we use some quality vendors also, that I will show u to my next post that anybody can afford. U probably don’t know that we are not just a tuning store in Greece, but a team of people all over Europe that working to high end automotive racing.

Here are some successes last 10years.

SERIES,TITLE,WINS

Formula 1
World Championship, World Drivers 10
Championship World Constructors Championship 9

World Rally Car
World Drivers Championship 8
World Constructors Championship 10

Indy Racing League
Drivers Championship 4
Manufacturers Championship 4

ChampCar
World Series Championship 12

NASCAR
Sprint Cup 3

MotoGP
Rider Championship 3
Constructors Championship 1

Le Mans 24h
Overall Winner 7

Le Mans Endurance

LM P1 Champion 2
LM P2 Champion 2

Japanese SuperGT
GT 500 Team Championship 2

Deutsche Tourenwagen

Drivers Championship 5

Masters Team Championship 5

British Touring Car Championship
Drivers Championship 5
Team Championship 3

ALMS
LM P2 Engine Manufacturers 1

A1 GP
World Champion 3

Rally Paris Dakar
Overall Winner 10

Nuerburgring 24h
Overall Winner 3

Daytona 500
Overall Winner 2

Here are the 16:1cr >13000rpms 2000hp pistons for our new destroked engine. Ti pins, silver plasma low friction rings. 233gmr pistons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPtGNZyCIg

Spyros
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Spyros, I think you took my post in a negative connotation when it was not meant to be. I look at these pictures and think, "Damn they make some cool ****. I wonder if they offer parts that are scaled back at all to something more in line with my interests." Mkae no mistake, I would be just as interested in building parts like you are if that was my profession.

I also understand the cost of QA as I work in the Aerospace Industry. I know that “knowing” a part is as strong as you designed it is just as important as the design itself for proving reliability and it cost a lot to know something is going to work as designed.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Aug 23, 2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Spryos,
how much for a set of your cams that retain MIVEC functionality on the Evo 9's?

I'll be using +1mm stainless intake valves & Inconel exhaust valves, Kiggly valve springs & retainers, and currently factory lash adjusters and followers.

I currently have a set of FP4R's that I'm taking out and I'm looking for something on the order of S3's or FP5R's to put in.
Cast costs 880euros, billet costs 1180euros, and Ti costs 4650euros.
We are thinking only for US and AUD to have special price as the rate is diferent.
Some overseas customers already buy for 880$.

For custom profiles we charge 300e per cam/cad profile.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up One can dream.... Others live it

36.2 m/s

amazing work, keep sharing the tech
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Spyros, I think you took my post in a negative connotation when it was not meant to be. I look at these pictures and think, "Damn they make some cool ****. I wonder if they offer parts that are scaled back at all to something more in line with my interests."

I also understand the cost of QA as I work in the Aerospace Industry. I know that “knowing” a part is as strong as you designed it is just as important as the design itself for proving reliability and it cost a lot to know something is going to work as designed.
Sorry i misunderstood ur post.

Yes, my next post will show u some more economic solutions.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

eagerly wainting on the economic solutions..
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Haven't owned an Evo in months,... but I still get on here every day to check this thread. Amazing work!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
One of my favorite threads on EvoM. Thanks Spyros for sharing, and keep it coming.

This stuff is on a whole other level.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:07 AM
Former Sponsor

For less cost solutions as u ask, we choose some foreign vendors, we test most of the known sources and we decide. We work with Pauter 9 years now and we have order under our specs our custom rods. For them that can’t afford titanium and custom high grade 4340 rods, Pauter pass our standards. Of course not from the shelf production line.

We stock most of the stroke to rod ratio length rods for 4g63, versions from 1000hp capable, 1200hp and 1500hp capable. We test them to 59psi and more than 1460hp as we think reached their limits. Some versions we change the pin ring from simple bronze to beryllium.

Below are the material tests we made in 2003. They are not perfect as they use enough (aluminum) and (pyrite) and for pure steel considered “dirt” but close to our standards and better than other common <1000$ rods.

Spyros

Last edited by Extreme Tuners; Aug 25, 2011 at 01:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)