Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Help need a tuner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help need a tuner

This is from a thread I started under engine turbo power section. Any tuners interested in tuning my car. Willing to travel if required.

Its been over a year since I rocketed my rod thru tha backside of my block on a 10 degee winter night. Ive started my rebuild process a month ago and I have almost everything I need to get started. So here goes the plans for my new build. Keep in mind I want the car to be street legal(minus the exhaust) so I need to keep the stock ECU.

BR stage 3 2.0
custom head with supertech springs,retainers, and valves bronze guides
comp 280/280 cams
sparktech ignition non cdi
FP red 80mm ported w 25LBS wastegate
shearer tubular exhaust mani
65mm tb
MAP rev 3 IM
BR race FM with 2.5' pipes
BR 3'exhaust/cat delete
MAP downpipe 02 housing delete/02 dump pipe
BR double pumper
1200cc injectors
Shep trans
shep stage 3 t-case
exedy triple plate clutch
hoosier DR w 15.5LBS rims
Gutted car

I think thats about it. Im extremely excited about the build. My biggest issue right now is finding a tuner. I want to use e85 and also have a map for 93OCT. I had a crappy UTEC that I used to tune on, but I want to get a tune as good as my parts list.

Anyways, I have high hopes for the car on e 85. I really want to push it to the max. I had a 35r before and I chose this turbo because I want to stay in the good power band without having to rev the car to 8500rpms. As I build Ill update you all and eventually post some pics. Im all ears for a good tuner. Im willing to travel a little.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Ibtl.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor

It's a little bit of a trip but we would love to tune your car!

Here are some previous tunes and feedback you can look through:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...435-lb-ft.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-evo-9-a.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ane-video.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ock-motor.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-dg-tuned.html

If you have any questions just send us a p.m or give us a call anytime tomorrow after 8 a.m

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Nice build, but wrong forum. Check out your local forum. Your car is ready to make some big power 500+ on E85. You could go after some records with your setup.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

u can contact mellon tuning also
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

I don't really care about records. I defenitely want the car maxed out and with this set-up I should be able to keep it together. Dont get me wrong if Im going fast enough to break records Id love it. Im just dying to race. I really just want to smoke my boys 03 cobra kenny belle.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Well you could go to Krazy House and have Petey Turbo tune your car, IVEY, or TurboTrix all of them are in the central Jersey area. I know personally that Petey Turbo loves to tune E85. I like turbotrix's tuner and I have heard nothing but great things about Ivey.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd love to see what your car is capable of. I use a mustang dyno with all the bells and whistles and I have plenty of experience with E85. I have been using it in my own cars for 3 years now. But in the end just take the car where you feel the most comfortable with. And thanks for the reccomendations guys. Any questions just feel free to pm me

Pete

Originally Posted by xcelr8
This is from a thread I started under engine turbo power section. Any tuners interested in tuning my car. Willing to travel if required.

Its been over a year since I rocketed my rod thru tha backside of my block on a 10 degee winter night. Ive started my rebuild process a month ago and I have almost everything I need to get started. So here goes the plans for my new build. Keep in mind I want the car to be street legal(minus the exhaust) so I need to keep the stock ECU.

BR stage 3 2.0
comp 280/280 cams
65mm tb
MAP rev 3 IM
BR 3'exhaust/cat delete
BR double pumper
1200cc injectors
Shep trans
shep stage 3 t-case
Gutted car

I think thats about it. Im extremely excited about the build. My biggest issue right now is finding a tuner. I want to use e85 and also have a map for 93OCT. I had a crappy UTEC that I used to tune on, but I want to get a tune as good as my parts list.

Anyways, I have high hopes for the car on e 85. I really want to push it to the max. I had a 35r before and I chose this turbo because I want to stay in the good power band without having to rev the car to 8500rpms. As I build Ill update you all and eventually post some pics. Im all ears for a good tuner. Im willing to travel a little.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lots of solid options here. Let us know if you would like to be Pro Tuned in Sunny Florida!

We tune many many EvoReds on Meth injection and E85.

Originally Posted by xcelr8

BR stage 3 2.0
comp 280/280 cams
65mm tb
MAP rev 3 IM
BR 3'exhaust/cat delete
BR double pumper
1200cc injectors
Shep trans
shep stage 3 t-case
Gutted car

Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Give us a call if your in the area.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:53 PM

^^

you're back @ TurboTrix?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:42 PM

i vote sean ivey in linden,nj or if u really really dont mind traveling crisseed at awd motorsports is the way to go.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ive got alot to think about
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what about buschur ? i mean his record and reputation as a tuner reflect on his results. He's probably the only one who can tune 30+psi on pump gas and have ridiculous trap speeds on pump.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

STM in rochester NY, Mellon, DG, Buschur, CBRD, DTM. I say talk to them all and see who you feel most comfertable with