Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Mikey's FP Red on 31lbs = 520HP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
I think based on these two setup, beating Z06s F430s Gallardo should be an easy task; i mean, they all have ~500HP, which is 410-440 WHP.. thats 60-80 whp difference!!

It makes me really wonder, why cant a BBK-full powered Evo be able to outrun these cars since it has the same amount of power or close ((400 WHP on MD--> ~480 crank hp)) and almost the same power-to-weight ratio!!!
Two major contributing factors between the two is you are compairing a N/A big block motor supercar to a smaller motor turbo car. The turbo needs to spool, and your powerband with a BBK-Full will begin to fall off over 6-6.5k if you are pushing over 400 on MD with a BBK-Full. N/As don't fall off in power nor do they need to spool.

Secondly you can't forget the gear ratios of lambos etc... They are pretty close helping them whined out quicker.

I would think you would need 50-75 more hp/tq even if you have the same pwer/weight ratio to beat a supercar! Thats just IMO because I have not lined up to a supercar before... Only POS domestics like Z06s, Mustangs, and WS6s

Mikey
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Two major contributing factors between the two is you are compairing a N/A big block motor supercar to a smaller motor turbo car. The turbo needs to spool, and your powerband with a BBK-Full will begin to fall off over 6-6.5k if you are pushing over 400 on MD with a BBK-Full. N/As don't fall off in power nor do they need to spool.

Secondly you can't forget the gear ratios of lambos etc... They are pretty close helping them whined out quicker.

I would think you would need 50-75 more hp/tq even if you have the same pwer/weight ratio to beat a supercar! Thats just IMO because I have not lined up to a supercar before... Only POS domestics like Z06s, Mustangs, and WS6s

Mikey
I understand this, but even a 400+ g35 can never beat a supercar like these, including the Z06! and im not talking about 0-xxx race, probably 25-30mph rolling start where peak torque is in place!

Regarding the Z06, it is faster than gallardos and F430s, when all stock! so we can benchmark it
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I understand this, but even a 400+ g35 can never beat a supercar like these, including the Z06! and im not talking about 0-xxx race, probably 25-30mph rolling start where peak torque is in place!

Regarding the Z06, it is faster than gallardos and F430s, when all stock! so we can benchmark it
First off a 400hp stock turbo IX will be faster than a 400hp 35r. You have to look at tq numbers and the spool in between gears for the 35r. It would take a good 1/8 mile+ for the 35r to catch up to the stock turbo 35r guys are slow. The best 35r setup is a Twin Scroll divided T3 HTA3582 1.06 on a High Compresion 2.2 long rod. That would be spool happy. rev happy and 700hp happy car. That IMO is the best all around setup for on the street!

Mikey
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

By the way have you seen any F458s yet? Those are dope!
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

By the way have you seen any F458s yet? Those are dope!
Loooooool, not yet, I've seen the new SLS Gullwaing, and the Murceilago SV!!

How would a Red be in a 2.2L setup??? How do you compare it to the 2.0-Red and stock turbo??
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

^^ only in Subaru dreams! That is why I am jumping back to an Evo!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Loooooool, not yet, I've seen the new SLS Gullwaing, and the Murceilago SV!!

How would a Red be in a 2.2L setup??? How do you compare it to the 2.0-Red and stock turbo??
I think a Red would be dope on a 2.2L. The spool would be about 3.5k on a Mild setup and will pull to 7.5k nicely

A 2.0L is a great motor and has huge potential for large turbos that like to rev... aka HTA3586, 37r, 4088 etc... Any stock frame turbo, on a T25 housing like the Green, Red, and Black will start to suffer between 7-9k unlike the aftermarket T3 or T4 housings. IMO if someone is going to run a built 2.0 that is made to rev 9k+ then a larger T3 or T4 housing turbo is your best choice. Yes it will spool slower on a 2.0 but you will have a strong powerband from 6-9k. That means no need to load down low; just down shift to 5-6k and WOT Even running a Twin Scroll Divided T3 3582/86 will spool great on a 2.0L and pull hard up top.

For cars looking to be daily drivers/some track and peak 600+hp. The Red and Black on a 2.2-2.4L only Reving to 7.5-8k would be the best choice. It will be loads on fun on the street and will put up a great fight against fully modded 3582/86 on the streets! This is what I will be doing in the spring. I may be running a Black but I'll have a modded Turbine housing so stay tuned

Originally Posted by KillerSTi
Damn, I wish I could make 500+ with my red... Damn BOXER ****s..
Ya no chance, especially on stock block. However the car must be a blast to drive will all the tq. My roomy has an STI and I drive his car all the time. It is a great DD but evos are much better at making power/holding the power

Mikey
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

I think a Red would be dope on a 2.2L. The spool would be about 3.5k on a Mild setup and will pull to 7.5k nicely

A 2.0L is a great motor and has huge potential for large turbos that like to rev... aka HTA3586, 37r, 4088 etc... Any stock frame turbo, on a T25 housing like the Green, Red, and Black will start to suffer between 7-9k unlike the aftermarket T3 or T4 housings. IMO if someone is going to run a built 2.0 that is made to rev 9k+ then a larger T3 or T4 housing turbo is your best choice. Yes it will spool slower on a 2.0 but you will have a strong powerband from 6-9k. That means no need to load down low; just down shift to 5-6k and WOT Even running a Twin Scroll Divided T3 3582/86 will spool great on a 2.0L and pull hard up top.

For cars looking to be daily drivers/some track and peak 600+hp. The Red and Black on a 2.2-2.4L only Reving to 7.5-8k would be the best choice. It will be loads on fun on the street and will put up a great fight against fully modded 3582/86 on the streets! This is what I will be doing in the spring. I may be running a Black but I'll have a modded Turbine housing so stay tuned

Ya no chance, especially on stock block. However the car must be a blast to drive will all the tq. My roomy has an STI and I drive his car all the time. It is a great DD but evos are much better at making power/holding the power

Mikey
I am really in a VERY VERY VERY big hesitation!! I have $12-13K budget and I dont know what to got for!!!! My car is 100% stock so the budget will go from A-Z!!

I want a powerful car, I want to KILL Z06s on pump.. I dont want lag, I want to go within the budget at the same time..

I wanted to Go TS-HTA3582 on a 2.2L but that would go over the budget!!! REALLY dont know what to do..

At the same time, Red/Black is probably the strongest contender, but I will face limitation, first is pump(28-30psi max), second is stock-bottom-end due to budget limitations!!!!!!

What would you if you were in my place?!?!?!?!?!?

I want a powerful/reliable/RESPONSIVE setup since this is my daily driver!!!!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:31 AM

good numbers!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that mani is CLEAN great numbers too

Last edited by sphinxof2006; Oct 25, 2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Mikey

Wait what?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

I am really in a VERY VERY VERY big hesitation!! I have $12-13K budget and I dont know what to got for!!!! My car is 100% stock so the budget will go from A-Z!!

I want a powerful car, I want to KILL Z06s on pump.. I dont want lag, I want to go within the budget at the same time..

I wanted to Go TS-HTA3582 on a 2.2L but that would go over the budget!!! REALLY dont know what to do..

At the same time, Red/Black is probably the strongest contender, but I will face limitation, first is pump(28-30psi max), second is stock-bottom-end due to budget limitations!!!!!!

What would you if you were in my place?!?!?!?!?!?

I want a powerful/reliable/RESPONSIVE setup since this is my daily driver!!!!
I'll send you a build list that if I were you I would do. You don't even need to build your motor and I bet we can get you to 550hp on pump with a Black. Send me a PM with an email address because the doc is to large to send over Evom.

Mikey
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.

Wait what?

Boltz hope you're doing well buddy

Till now, the BBK-Full is my best choice.. Unless a find a MIRACLE"OUS" setup thats gonna give me slightly more power with same/close response!

Last edited by NitrousOxide; Oct 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: misspelling!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.

Wait what?

im with you on that. im only on 93 but she goes all the way till 8 with no drop at all, probably would go till 9

jeff
Old Oct 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Depending on cams and boost level I generally see somewhere between 6900-7500 for a power peak on the BBK. It will still make power past that but that is definitely the top of the mountain for that turbo.

Quick Reply: Mikey's FP Red on 31lbs = 520HP