Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Tony's FPRed Evo 8 Speed Density Tuned at AWD!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony's FPRed Evo 8 Speed Density Tuned at AWD!

On Tony's quest for more power, he opted to go with the stock ecu SPEED DENSITY conversion. With the success of our previous customer's on SD, Tony chose to come to us here at AWD Motorsports to accomplish his goals.

From the get go, we found a few weak links in the system, and got them sorted out quickly. Over the course of our success, we have found which part combinations work, and which combinations do not.

In no time we were ready to move on to the SD Conversion. We installed the MAP and AIT sensors and had them wired up in no time. The car fired up and we hit the streets to get the car in check. Rather than sending Tony on his way with a nice dyno sheet and a choppy driving car; We chose to spend majority of the day ironing out the off boost mapping. After some time the benefits of the SD Conversion were very apparent. The car no longer struggled to idle with our without AC like it did on MAF control. There was no more stumbling in between shifts caused by the MAF and Tial Bov not getting along. The car was ready to make power.

Fast forward to today. Tony rolled in this morning ready to hit the dyno. We got it strapped down and started the pulls. After fine tuning the Timing and Fuel tables, i was able to achieve a rock solid AFR curve, producing a very healthy 451hp on 93 only!

MOD LIST:

Intake
Full IC Piping
ETS 3" FMIC
Kellford 272 cams
BR TBE
BR intake manifold / tb ported
EPM 02 dump
RC 880cc injectors
255 fuel pump
Hallman MBC
93 octane
~27 psi

Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Where are the rpms? And torque figures?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

great numbers bro!my car sucks driving with the AC on(idle jumps up and down- TTP tuned)It pulls alright but drivability sucks.I know that even Dynoflash takes evo's for a road tune after the dyno just to double check.Good job AWD!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
unfortunatly AWD still has the dyno in their old BAY that has no internet connection so we werent able to post it up. Only was able to snap a photo
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had an issue with the RPM pickup so we didnt fuss trying to make it work.. the car was done mostly on the street.. the Dyno was just to back up the tune with some #'s to see where it was at..
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cinek
great numbers bro!my car sucks driving with the AC on(idle jumps up and down- TTP tuned)It pulls alright but drivability sucks.I know that even Dynoflash takes evo's for a road tune after the dyno just to double check.Good job AWD!
Sorry to hear of the erratic idle.. That type of thing bothers me on my daily drivers.. if you ever decide to retune come by and well set you up on Speed Density!!!

Mike
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Thats impressive!!! any torque numbers? I like the hp but seems that people keep the torque numbers low on stock block for safety and reliability...
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by phizzalot
Thats impressive!!! any torque numbers? I like the hp but seems that people keep the torque numbers low on stock block for safety and reliability...
Like Mike mentioned. The rpm pickup was acting up, so the torque wasnt coming out correctly. On MAF control the car was making in the 380's for torque, so id be willing to bet that its roughly the same.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

I'd like to see a comparison log of the Jack of Trades VDR, that way he can get an idea of torque....for now. Good job,

Anyone else notice the TTP'ish font and color lol
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

I'd like to see a comparison log of the Jack of Trades VDR, that way he can get an idea of torque....for now. Good job,

Yeah the customer wasnt picky about the TQ #.. He only cares about how great its running on the streets!!!

Derek really made this thread stand out.. I must commend him!!!

Mike
Old Oct 13, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Yeah the customer wasnt picky about the TQ #.. He only cares about how great its running on the streets!!!

Derek really made this thread stand out.. I must commend him!!!

Mike
I believe the color highlights hold a subliminal message . Read it and focus on the colored font lol
Old Oct 13, 2009, 05:14 PM
Former Sponsor

He's aware of the tq the car makes. and im pretty sure hes happy with it. its in the 380's. on a side note. the car produced 449 dynojet on JOT VDR.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:39 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
title fixed
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats guys! Speed density is amazing and I'd love to get my off-boost/cruising stumble fixed. How much boost did he make 451 at?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Macaroni
Congrats guys! Speed density is amazing and I'd love to get my off-boost/cruising stumble fixed. How much boost did he make 451 at?
If you look in the Mod list Derek has ~ 27psi listed..

Thanks!!

Mike