Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BBK w/meth 401/352 uncorrected

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BBK w/meth 401/352 uncorrected

Well after a long drive thanks to traffic, we finally hit up CBRD in York, PA. Chad did a boost leak test and found two spots (boost gauge and usual intake manifold), so fixed those. Ran a baseline just to see where it was at and it hit around 340whp if I recall. He decided to scratch that tune completely and put in his base flash and worked from there. As I sat in the chair watching, after about 5 pulls, it hit 388. A few pulls later, 399.2. Chad replaced my spark plugs and added more tuning, 400, then the final run = 401.8/352. This is uncorrected, but corrected numbers were 397/349 at a little over 26.5 psi with A/F at 11.7. There were no new parts installed from my last dyno at DTM mustang dyno which I hit 342/306, however DTM could only get it tuned to 24 psi and it was hot as hell that day.
The shop is immaculent and even has a race simulator game to enjoy while you wait. I was HIGHLY impressed with all the guys there. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by Caleb who was a great guy and gave us a tour of the facility as I looked in awe at the GT-R in the showroom and other Evos Needless to say I didn't have a chance to play thanks to the pouring rain and back to back traffic on the way home. Bunch of great guys that have an obsession with hot sauce Thanks again CBRD, you all are top notch!!!!
Mods:
Perrin intake kit with pipe
GSC S1 cams
ARP head studs
Perrin oil catch can
SPAL slimfan
Zeal Function X Coilovers
ETS 3.5" FMIC
ETS V2 LICP
CBRD BBK Full ported
Jet coated/ported stock exhaust manifold by BR
Megan Racing O2 Housing
Helix V2 DP
Random hiflow cat
Invidia N1 catback, 3"
Walbro 255
PTE 880's
AEM wideband
Autometer boost gauge
Greddy Profec-B Spec II EBC
Tactrix cable w/ Evoscan,ECUFlash
MISC.
Labonte Motosports VC-25D Meth kit
Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:54 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Great numbers! Ditch the cat for a testpipe and crank up the boost!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice numbers .... ! Test pipe FTW!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

good numbers welcome to the family

jeff
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:06 AM
Account Disabled

We appreciate you supporting CBRD with the BBK, and now with Chad's magic on the lappy! Thank you (and your wife and son!) for making the trip up to visit us. Never hesitate to let us know if we can help with something or if there is ever anything you may need.

Thank you again!

Take care,

Caleb
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

I should have introduced myself to you when I saw you there at CBRD yeaterday, but I was out of it from the drive in the traffic all day, as you can testify from your drive home. (I came in around 4 I believe and was sitting on the couch in the corner with my girl for reference).

Those are some pretty impressive numbers for that boost level and parts combination. The more and more I read about these BBK's, makes me wish I would have waited 2 1/2 years ago on pulling the trigger on the 3065....That's the problem with technology, as soon as you buy something that is great at the time, it's soon outdated. Although, I don't think you will have that problem with the BBK. I would have loved to take a ride in your car, for comparison sake....although, it would have made me miss the spool of a stock frame turbo I am sure...

Congrats, and enjoy.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Chris,

and Kevin ur car layed it down pretty good too with 450whp on our dyno, thats no joke on stock block!

lol

cb
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

great numbers considering its got a cat. ditch it and turn up the boost to get what you paid for from that meth kit
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

LOL, our "2 1/2" hour drive was 3 hours there, a little over 4 hours back. Yeah you looked like we did when we first got there and quickly realized that couch was way too comfortable. Don't think we could get it past 60 mph the entire trip back. Earlier that morning, I thought we all almost fell asleep there a few times. I met a few customers which while at the dyno. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to play since it's raining again outside. Congrats on your numbers as well. I'm going to have to hit up a meet next year to meet some other guys around here.

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
I should have introduced myself to you when I saw you there at CBRD yeaterday, but I was out of it from the drive in the traffic all day, as you can testify from your drive home. (I came in around 4 I believe and was sitting on the couch in the corner with my girl for reference).

Those are some pretty impressive numbers for that boost level and parts combination. The more and more I read about these BBK's, makes me wish I would have waited 2 1/2 years ago on pulling the trigger on the 3065....That's the problem with technology, as soon as you buy something that is great at the time, it's soon outdated. Although, I don't think you will have that problem with the BBK. I would have loved to take a ride in your car, for comparison sake....although, it would have made me miss the spool of a stock frame turbo I am sure...

Congrats, and enjoy.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the numbers. Saw your post on the local forums. Cbrd are a great bunch of guys.