Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

E85, HTA86, BR double pumper, 708whp/552 ft lbs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
That was far from a smartass remark.

Im running 15" wheels with 26x8.5x15" MT ET Drags.

The track is in the middle of BFE and with having the harness bar and harnesses, I have blacked out windows so you cant really tell there isnt a cage. They dont tech on T&T nights. The car will probably be getting a chute over the winter, no plans on a cage though at this time. Im also looking into a Dog Box trans and the car will move out like no other then.
People dont realize how crappy this track is (this is where I do most of my racing as well.) If Norwalk was open more and had track rentals which they dont anymore this car would of defintely made a 8 second pass. We rented the track on Monday for 2 cars and it was no better with 1 lane and sprayed to the 1/8 for us. I managed to go a best of 153MPH and only went 10.22! I am still against roll cages in street cars but thats me personally. Bike dont have to have cages so I believe I dont either

Congrats on a great end to the year bro as I know from the first day at Norwalk this year when I saw you that you had some rough times with the car. I had to take a double take at the time board as I heard Trent pedal first gear and lift shifting the car in the top end and it still went 9.4
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bikes don't have a seat belt so why do you need to have one?

They don't have airbags, they don't have roof, they have two wheels, why do you need to have all these?

Maybe they should make rules to each and every vehicle on the planet. If you have a Porsche (good brakes), they should allow a faster speed limit on the highway. COME ON!

Rules are rules, and they serve as a standard. Not having a roll cage when others are OBLIGED to have one means you're taking advantage of where you live and not of how well you tune/drive/preppare cars. If you don't want to put a roll cage, then put its equivalent weight in the car when you go to the track!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Have you ever been in an accident on the street with a steel bar 2" from your head? Your head isnt going to be in good shape after you smash it off a bar, your probably dead.

Thanks alot to everyone else! Eric, hopefully we both get the times were looking for next year at Norwalk!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 06:36 AM
Account Disabled

wow thats just plain impressive!!!congrats!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 09:52 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Have you ever been in an accident on the street with a steel bar 2" from your head? Your head isnt going to be in good shape after you smash it off a bar, your probably dead.

Thanks alot to everyone else! Eric, hopefully we both get the times were looking for next year at Norwalk!

I agree. Whats funny is when you race, the track isnt liable if you crash and kill yourself with or without a cage.

Congrats on the power and good luck next time out!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
darwin, your input isn't wanted, welcome or needed.
Sometimes the truth is not wanted or welcomed, it is needed though
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys!

And as far as the cage debate, there are many reasons why there isnt one in my car. FOr one, its not needed in my eyes:

--Rwd cars pull their front tires off the gorund and have no steering at that point, they also flip and roll over in those situations, at times.

--My car is still a street car; I drive it to school, go to the store with it, heII ive taken my girlfriend out to dinner in it. (yes even at 700 hp!)

--Money, if someone would like to donate me $6k to put a cage in, a paracute, driveshaft loop, scattershield, get my license and physical. Please send me a PM and I will consider putting getting completely certified if you would like to sponsor me.

--also, I dont race my car in competitions to where they inspect it. Ive been thrown out of one track, once. I went for a street car event on a Saturday and went 11.0 and then 10.6 and was asked to leave. However I had been there the Wednesday before running 10.3-10.7 for about 10 passes and never had a thing said to me during Test and Tune. Mind you this is at tracks like: Milan, MI, Norwalk, Marion County (LaRue), and Dragway 42. 2 of those tracks are big name NHRA tracks.

So please stay out of the thread if all you are wanting to do is argue about safety equipment. If you would like to sponsor my car for all safety equipment, then please send me a PM.

Thank You for staying out because I dont want this thread closed.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

The car is sick Brian. Congrats on all the new power
I can only imagine how much of a handful it is.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks man! And its a little bit of a handful lol
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

celica2 Evo I'm loving the car this year: I'll be Jioning you this year comeing up. Darwin if he dosnt want a cage he dosnt need one. Repect the car. If his car is registered and insured how is it not a street car? People always need to put good things down on this forum. Build a car half of his statues then talk.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks!

As always, the slow have to hate
Just like on my local thread they are talking **** because Trent drove the car when it went 9.4. Even though there isnt one other car on there that has gone under 11.0. The slower people always have to find a reason to hate!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:55 PM

Simply awesome!!!! Congrats
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Any vids of the 9.4 run?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This car has to be a beast and a handful....

P.S. I'm putting the old turbokit to good use
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks!

As always, the slow have to hate
The slower people always have to find a reason to hate!
Hate is the keyboard warrior's way to express envy!

Great job to all those involved.

Quick Reply: E85, HTA86, BR double pumper, 708whp/552 ft lbs