Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

500whp 100% stock appearing turbo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:52 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
Was the crush IX Gmodded also?
I'm not sure what you are asking here.

- Bryan
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm, i bought that filter from SE and i didnt know it fit in the stock airbox, i might hack up my stock airbox to keep air temps down in our 115+ degree summer

or i might have you guys do it...i should be down there before summer for a tune on e85
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

also, do you think this XL variant will max out a single fuel pump on e85 on a 2.0L?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
I'm not sure what you are asking here.

- Bryan
You said it was running a crushed IX bov at first and was leaking. Did you also have the IX bov gus modded?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
also, do you think this XL variant will max out a single fuel pump on e85 on a 2.0L?
Yep, E85 requires a great deal more fuel over pump 93. If you break 500 on E85 with single pump I would be shocked
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

^^^true, but it touched 500hp on a 2.3, if this same setup was on a 2.0, it wouldnt be that high, right?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
You said it was running a crushed IX bov at first and was leaking. Did you also have the IX bov gus modded?
ahhh. No, just crushed.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

^^^true, but it touched 500hp on a 2.3, if this same setup was on a 2.0, it wouldnt be that high, right?
Well on a 2.0 vs. 2.3 on same setup your hp would be lower to start with (in most cases) but I think you would be able to push the single pump a bit further due to less volume I would not chance anything and just go double pump. If you continue to upgrade your car you will have to eventually and the XL i believe will be 500+ capable and the Red or Black will top 600+. End result... Just double pump. It is a ****ty feeling when you go to the dyno and your car is not "done, hp wise" but you just ran out of fuel so you had to call it a day

ahhh. No, just crushed.
Thank you
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:45 AM
Account Disabled

Here is the same car, with BBK Full (non-XL)

2.0L vs 2.3L

Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

^^^good graph

my goal is to NOT do dual pumps, so i just need to decide if i want to bbk full or the XL version whenever its released...so for now, it still looks like the normal bbk full for me
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:49 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
He was getting a bit of bov surge with the crushed OEM Bov, which was to be expected. He says with the new synapse the drivability is great once he adjusted it just right.
What setup did he use on the synapse? Port A? B? Kinda deters from the factory look, but I'd def like to know how driveability is improved over a crushed stock unit (i.e. the current best setup imho).
Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by scheides
What setup did he use on the synapse? Port A? B? Kinda deters from the factory look, but I'd def like to know how driveability is improved over a crushed stock unit (i.e. the current best setup imho).
I'll have to double check on the port.

Yea I was kind of bummed to give up the OEM bov, but of course, it's not my car. He actually did a pretty good job of hiding the huge bov, it's almost as big as a coke can! You can't really see it when opening the hood, you have to poke around a bit.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:07 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll have to double check on the port.

Yea I was kind of bummed to give up the OEM bov, but of course, it's not my car. He actually did a pretty good job of hiding the huge bov, it's almost as big as a coke can! You can't really see it when opening the hood, you have to poke around a bit.
Sorry just went back and read more, but he actually gained 20+whp over an already crushed IX bov? Yea the weather might be a little different but that is just nuts!

Kinda makes me want one, esp if it is actually drivable. I've gone from plastic to forge to greddy rs to the ix and now crushed the ix, and even slightly crushing the ix has made it a bit more like the others, that I got rid of because of the part throttle studder while cruising long uphill stretches of road when you get into about 5psi and wanna drop a few degrees off of throttle to keep boost from continually rising and just maintain speed. Def interested in more feedback on this unit.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by scheides
Sorry just went back and read more, but he actually gained 20+whp over an already crushed IX bov? Yea the weather might be a little different but that is just nuts!
Indeed. It held more boost and didn't leak like the crushed BOV was so I was able to add some more ignition timing as well.

I have a uber crushed OEM bov in my personal Evo and it gets annoying on slight grades. When I go to Tahoe over donner pass it's actually makes for a "lively" experience on icy/slick roads when you have to give the car some opposite lock when the surge makes the back end kick out.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The APS BOV fixed all those issues for me, and it's a direct swap for an OEM part. The Synapse was my next choice. Why no upper IC pipes, just to remain stock looking? Good power for sure - time for another fuel pump.

Quick Reply: 500whp 100% stock appearing turbo