Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

More BBK Full E85 goodness

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 460hpevo8
put a greddy profec 2 ebc in there, peak torgue should hold all the way if not to redline.
It's using a 3 port solenoid with ECU controlled boost and holds 28psi across.

- Bryan
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
It's using a 3 port solenoid with ECU controlled boost and holds 28psi across.

- Bryan
agreed,

considering the greddy nor many EBC's have any sport of rpm or gear dependant duty cycle tables...

the comment about the profec spec b is ridiculous... its an overglorified manual with some safety features and two modes...

it is inferior to ECU boost.

cb
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:04 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Off topic garbage removed. Please stay on point.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Off topic garbage removed. Please stay on point.
Thanks for clearing up the mess...

Bryan,

I just want to add that I enjoy reading your threads/posts because you do much more than print a grap and blab with no substance. I think you share your experiences good and bad with the community and give us important details to analyze for ourselves,,, I'm sure Chad will agree.

Owning a rope and horse, doesn't make you a cowboy.

Owning a speedo and a set of goggles, doesn't make you an olympic swimmer.

And owning a dyno, doesn't make you a tuner.

Please keep up the good work!!!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Thanks for clearing up the mess...

Bryan,

I just want to add that I enjoy reading your threads/posts because you do much more than print a grap and blab with no substance. I think you share your experiences good and bad with the community and give us important details to analyze for ourselves,,, I'm sure Chad will agree.

Owning a rope and horse, doesn't make you a cowboy.

Owning a speedo and a set of goggles, doesn't make you an olympic swimmer.

And owning a dyno, doesn't make you a tuner.

Please keep up the good work!!!
+1!!!!

Bryan, you should make a trip out to the east coast for one of the CBRD events so we can all get to meet you!

-Jalal
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

"And owning a dyno, doesn't make you a tuner."

youre right,

it just makes ur neighbors mad at you hee he

all true though

cb
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:08 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by 460hpevo8

this is way off the topic. Very unnessary.
Kind of like your NWS avatar and your inappropriate continuing to post in this thread after I asked you to knock it off?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:09 PM
Account Disabled

What the heck is going on in here

- Bryan
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
What the heck is going on in here

- Bryan
Bryan from GST = makes awesome power...

ridiculed unfounded remarks start... get removed, they then return, and are removed.

bryan from GST = still made awesome power.

cb
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
agreed,

considering the greddy nor many EBC's have any sport of rpm or gear dependant duty cycle tables...

the comment about the profec spec b is ridiculous... its an overglorified manual with some safety features and two modes...

it is inferior to ECU boost.

cb
Apex i's AVC-R did gear dependant boost (I don't think they make it anymore). The dual solenoid setup of the profec B seemed to hold boost better on internally wastegated turbo's in my honda days.

I got my car with a HKS EVC VI and its mounted in a trick location. I would love to go ECU controlled boost but I'm so lazy I don't feel like messing with the current setup. I can't get it scaled right so the controller says 23.5 PSI but holds 28-29lbs on my B setting and at 21.5 and allows 25PSI in my a setting. Its annoying as hell. I've tried scaling it so many times i just gave up.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
Apex i's AVC-R did gear dependant boost (I don't think they make it anymore). The dual solenoid setup of the profec B seemed to hold boost better on internally wastegated turbo's in my honda days.

I got my car with a HKS EVC VI and its mounted in a trick location. I would love to go ECU controlled boost but I'm so lazy I don't feel like messing with the current setup. I can't get it scaled right so the controller says 23.5 PSI but holds 28-29lbs on my B setting and at 21.5 and allows 25PSI in my a setting. Its annoying as hell. I've tried scaling it so many times i just gave up.
The AVC-R worked ok then they changed something in manufacturing and the newer batch didn't work so hot anymore.

The HKS EVC is probably the best/most feature rich EBC out there currently, however it's $500+

both of those EBC's have RPM and gear based boost features and error correction. Most other EBC's (including the profec) are just glorifed MBC's.

A good 3 port ($100 or under) plus a couple bucks in vac hose and a ECU feature set that rivals any EBC out, (even more so with tephra mods), it is the best option out currently.

With tephra and a map switch you can switch Boost on the fly as well. You can even wire it for reduced boost in an event of a fault.

- Bryan
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

I need to get off my *** and just go to ECU boost and sell this EVC. I like it and its another gadget and everything but I think I'm just over it now.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
agreed, considering the greddy nor many EBC's have any sport of rpm or gear dependant duty cycle tables... the comment about the profec spec b is ridiculous... its an overglorified manual with some safety features and two modes... it is inferior to ECU boost.
Is ECU-controlled boost done through ECU Flash? The reason why I'm asking is because I have a tune scheduled next week and it will involve map switching with E85 and pump. Currently, I have the Forge MBC but is considering buying a Profec-B. My thinking is that when I'm on E85, I'll be somewhere around 26-28PSI and when on pump/93, I'll be somewhere around 22-24PSI. I would like to take advantage of the added benefits that the E85 will offer. Will ECU-controlled boost still be an option with the EBC? Am I on the right track with this?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 03:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Is ECU-controlled boost done through ECU Flash? The reason why I'm asking is because I have a tune scheduled next week and it will involve map switching with E85 and pump. Currently, I have the Forge MBC but is considering buying a Profec-B. My thinking is that when I'm on E85, I'll be somewhere around 26-28PSI and when on pump/93, I'll be somewhere around 22-24PSI. I would like to take advantage of the added benefits that the E85 will offer. Will ECU-controlled boost still be an option with the EBC? Am I on the right track with this?
Yes you can tune ECU-Controlled boost with EcuFlash.

If you are getting map switching, then ECU-boost is even better as the boost will switch as well with the map switch, no more guessing how many turns the MBC should be at or clicking more buttons on a EBC

- Bryan
Old Dec 10, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[quote=GST Motorsports;7787172]Yes you can tune ECU-Controlled boost with EcuFlash. If you are getting map switching, then ECU-boost is even better as the boost will switch as well with the map switch, no more guessing how many turns the MBC should be at or clicking more buttons on a EBC./quote]

OK. I understand the benefits. So is this better done with a MBC or EBC? Like I said, I have the Forge MBC presently but have a ECB set aside just in case.