Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Megan Racing Parts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010 | 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks TTP!
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

I used to run the manifold and O2 housing. Never had issue with them. It's funny how people will bash Megan parts then go buy a wanna-be AMS intercooler off of ebay. Obviously, for the price, your not going to get a quality part like the more expensive brands. But Megans parts are decent budget parts.
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

What route is better megan or stock ported?

Originally Posted by Chele
I used to run the manifold and O2 housing. Never had issue with them. It's funny how people will bash Megan parts then go buy a wanna-be AMS intercooler off of ebay. Obviously, for the price, your not going to get a quality part like the more expensive brands. But Megans parts are decent budget parts.
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by t-revzr
The ported stocker, coated. Depends on who's porting it though.
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 05:44 PM
Account Disabled

We don't believe in porting stock manifolds or O2 housings. Too much work for too little gains.
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 05:47 PM

changing ex manifold gain like 10hp, mostly is for looks, i doubt your car would be any faster. It really waste time and money doing it , and u might have a leak exhuast if the item aint build right.
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
We don't believe in porting stock manifolds or O2 housings. Too much work for too little gains.
I kinda agree with you there. The O2 housing is def a waste of time, The manifold on the other hand is another story. I think the gains are worth the effort. But then again, I port my own.
Old Jan 4, 2010 | 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

I had a megan manifold, heat wrapped on my last evo. I didnt have a louver installed either, and got rained on several times with no problems. Ive never had a problem with megan parts and will continue to use them until I do.
Old Jan 5, 2010 | 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

TTP i sent you guys a pm a couples of days ago, no answer
Old Jan 5, 2010 | 07:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tien
TTP i sent you guys a pm a couples of days ago, no answer
All PM's returned.
Old Jan 5, 2010 | 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Not trying to start anything but...............

I find that strange since 2 of your highest HP customers are running ported manifolds. Both of their cars showed gains when the parts were added and tunes were adjusted. They also showed positive responses in spool time and holding of that power.

Now on a personal note. I have also had experience with all these megan parts. The only one I would not put on my car is the manifold. Not worth it. I had it on my car at one point. I removed the megan manifold after finding several cracks. Don't get me wrong. Megan warrantied the manifold and replaced it with a new one. But I refused to put it back on the car, and traded it. I then took it upon myself to port the stocker. Keep in mind, that was when I first was learning to port. My car made more power on the stock ported exhaust manifold. That manifold is nowhere near what I do now. As for the O2 housing and the turbo back. I would use those hands down.
Old Jan 5, 2010 | 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

I ran one for a while on the 20g it didn't crack in the time I owned it. I do remember a thread on here a while back someone switching from the Megan to a ported stocker and gaining a bit more power and spool. Not sure I can find it but I'll look
Old Jan 6, 2010 | 09:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I ran one for a while on the 20g it didn't crack in the time I owned it. I do remember a thread on here a while back someone switching from the Megan to a ported stocker and gaining a bit more power and spool. Not sure I can find it but I'll look
The difference should be negligible. We have not done any back to back testing where the ported manifold was added so we cannot confirm that it adds any power. We have only tested manifolds where other parts were also added, diluting the results.
Old Jan 6, 2010 | 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by t-revzr
Ported/coated exhaust manifold along with a Megan o2 housing is a great combo.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IXmr321
I had a megan manifold, heat wrapped on my last evo. I didnt have a louver installed either, and got rained on several times with no problems. Ive never had a problem with megan parts and will continue to use them until I do.
I just took it off a couple of months ago with 45K no cracks at all.

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Parts