Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

English Racing + GSC S2 + BBK + pump gas = 451whp/370ft-lbs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats some awesome power!! Very nice!
What IC are you using? And who'd you get it off?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blkVII
Thats some awesome power!! Very nice!
What IC are you using? And who'd you get it off?
It's the CBRD 3.8" Garret core. I ordered it the same time as the BBK.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great power and good looking curve, cant go wrong with cbrd and english racing! good job as well to the guys over at english racing, that thing must be a blast to drive. good luck with the new power and take it easy on the stock clutch it wont last to long at those levels.

jeff
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Boostedwrx, congrats on the power brotha! I know you love that BBK... I will be getting mine tuned as well, can't wait!!!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

I love the "cons = none"

Had me laughing
Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Jalal, I think SD is the only way to go. Makes the car so much more drivable in my opinion. Once you start getting to the larger turbos it also keeps the load % in normal numbers when you tune so you dont run out of map.

thanks for the props guys. Jeremy has done a really good job of research and making sure all his parts compliment each other. Thats the biggest thing to making power, using things that work well together not just because it looks like it would work. Making sure you have the best flowing LICP, a good intercooler core capable of taking heat out of the system, cams that work well with the other mods, and of course a larger than stock turbo.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Great Job! It was fun working with you on the build. Looks like all your research and Aaron's mad tuning paid off!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Is 25 some magical psi? Thats the dumbest advice ever, tune to your setup for your gas. Not to what someone thinks is safe...

Get a new tuner lol.

Great tune JB, power looks like fun.
UM. i didnt post that. penthouse did and fu ked up the quoting frame.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Jalal, I think SD is the only way to go. Makes the car so much more drivable in my opinion. Once you start getting to the larger turbos it also keeps the load % in normal numbers when you tune so you dont run out of map.

thanks for the props guys. Jeremy has done a really good job of research and making sure all his parts compliment each other. Thats the biggest thing to making power, using things that work well together not just because it looks like it would work. Making sure you have the best flowing LICP, a good intercooler core capable of taking heat out of the system, cams that work well with the other mods, and of course a larger than stock turbo.
That's great to hear! I know that tuning obviously plays a big roll, if not the biggest, when it comes to a SD setup. However, I was wondering if ER has a SD package that they offer to customers. I haven't done a lot of research in regards to SD outside of knowing that you remove the MAF and run a MAP. Other then that I'm unsure of what is needed. I know it also allows you to run whatever size intake pipe you'd like, IIRC.

Thanks for the info and the great work!

-Jalal
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Aaron, what do Reds do on this dyno with similiar mods? I am have been considering the BBK for sometime now. The numbers for these turbos seem to be getting better overtime and closer to the Reds on pump at least.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Unfortunately I havent done a Red with similar mods. All the Reds I see have either smaller cams and straight pump or the same cams and meth. On pumpgas at the boost level we normally have to run (28 +/-) and lower timing I dont know that a Red would be crazy competition. I do know it will kill it as soon as you can put some timing to it. They arent the same class and werent meant to be equivalents. The each do what they do the way they do it. I think this car with a Red might be up around 460 on SD? Not sure though so I wont be a concrete opinion on that one.

We have an SD package, and now that I have quite a few SD cars out there I feel I can handle remote tuning them. In the past I have only done SD in person where I can be RIGHT THERE with the car.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Unfortunately I havent done a Red with similar mods. All the Reds I see have either smaller cams and straight pump or the same cams and meth. On pumpgas at the boost level we normally have to run (28 +/-) and lower timing I dont know that a Red would be crazy competition. I do know it will kill it as soon as you can put some timing to it. They arent the same class and werent meant to be equivalents. The each do what they do the way they do it. I think this car with a Red might be up around 460 on SD? Not sure though so I wont be a concrete opinion on that one.

We have an SD package, and now that I have quite a few SD cars out there I feel I can handle remote tuning them. In the past I have only done SD in person where I can be RIGHT THERE with the car.
Aaron, can you PM me the details of this package with pricing?

Thanks,

Jalal
Old Jan 15, 2010, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Great work, once again ER
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
It's the CBRD 3.8" Garret core. I ordered it the same time as the BBK.
Oh nice! So could you use the ETS silicone couplers with the IC or did you have to use the stock ones?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blkVII
Oh nice! So could you use the ETS silicone couplers with the IC or did you have to use the stock ones?
I'm using the factory lower intercooler hoses because of the way the inlet/outlet of the cbrd fmic is. Plus I only ordered the ETS intercooler pipe kit and it doesn't come with lower hoses unless you get the FMIC kit I believe. Even then, those hoses would be straight I believe (not angles at whatever degree like factory).

Quick Reply: English Racing + GSC S2 + BBK + pump gas = 451whp/370ft-lbs