Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

STM TUNED FP RED, BUSCHUR, AND FIC Quest for 9

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
You were on an HTA3582@40psi. I fail to see the relevance of that statement. If you were unable to break 9's with 142mph why the utmost confidence in being able to achieve it with less mph?

And no, my turbo was not an hta. It was a standard 3582r and we went our fastest at 38 psi which this turbo is fully capable of. As we all know the engine is the weak link, Not the turbo.

-Em
Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
No reason to argue. We will just get it to the track and see what happens. But yes, I am VERY confidant it will break my ET record.

I dont know why you guys don't understand, Setup> power.

-Em
You should know better about me by now. I believe my car is a fair representation of setup>power. You have a good setup, I have never said anything different. I have worked for hundreds of hours on my own setup trying to perfect every detail I can within my budget. Unless your setup is not fully disclosed in your public build threads I haven't seen how you are going to attain right around 140mph with the Red on what appears to be a high 2,7xx-low 2,800 Lb Evo. Believe it or not, I want to see you guys accomplish your goal. I just can not fathom how the current combination will have the power/weight ratio to achieve 9's. Unless I'm missing something it looks like a 10.1-10.2 setup w/ very good driving to me which is still VERY impressive non the less.

If your taking my posts as argument then you are taking them the completely wrong way. I am only here to exchange information to benefit both parties.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor

You should know better about me by now. I believe my car is a fair representation of setup>power. You have a good setup, I have never said anything different. I have worked for hundreds of hours on my own setup trying to perfect every detail I can within my budget. Unless your setup is not fully disclosed in your public build threads I haven't seen how you are going to attain right around 140mph with the Red on what appears to be a high 2,7xx-low 2,800 Lb Evo. Believe it or not, I want to see you guys accomplish your goal. I just can not fathom how the current combination will have the power/weight ratio to achieve 9's. Unless I'm missing something it looks like a 10.1-10.2 setup w/ very good driving to me which is still VERY impressive non the less.

If your taking my posts as argument then you are taking them the completely wrong way. I am only here to exchange information to benefit both parties.
You are missing a lot. This car should come in lighter then the ricer does. Acutally should weigh in around 2500 lbs. You are also missing the amound of rotating mass that is still going to be coming out of the car before it hits the track. The rear brakes still need to come off and as you know the stock wheels/tires were on the car when it was on the dyno. Thats about 100 lbs of rotating mass that is hurting the power pretty bad, not to mention 60' times.

-Em

Last edited by EmeryatSTM; Jan 18, 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

You are missing a lot. This car should come in lighter then the ricer does. Acutally should weigh in around 2500 lbs. You are also missing the amound of rotating mass that is still going to be coming out of the car before it hits the track.

-Em
Then it would appear the build thread is not full disclosure after all.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Then it would appear the build thread is not full disclosure after all.
Why is that? What have we done to the car so far that is not in there?

-Em
Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Why is that? What have we done to the car so far that is not in there?

-Em
The degree of weight reduction is all. Must be removing the radio, speakers, a/c, heater core, both air bags, crash beams in doors etc... I was under the impression this was a street car build. I guess not.

Last edited by RyuEvoIX; Jan 18, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
Former Sponsor

The degree of weight reduction is all. Must be removing the radio, speakers, a/c, heater core, both air bags, crash beams in doors etc... I was under the impression this was a street car build. I guess not.

These are quoted right from the other thread.

"When this project started we Asked Chris how far he wanted to take it. Let me tell you its great when you have a customer say Lets do it! The whole car for the most part has beed disassembled and is going back together as I type. It has lost a lot of unwanted weight and will loose more. The car will still retain full interior for driving comfort but will be very light at race weight. I'm glad to see it coming along and can not wait to see her go down the track again.

When this car went 10.7 it still had EVERY thing in it. Even the emissions stuff was still in the car along with bumper beam and so on. "

Seems its all there. I did not state that the air bags are gone though. I figured it was obvious. And the wheel has been replaced with a lighter sparco wheel.

Here is the page I pulled that from. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...k-motor-4.html

-Em
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted it back to a normal RS style also. Which the RS dosent have a radio or AC. The heater is coming out but there is a picture of that in the thread. Im not trying to pull any punches. I have had the small brake kit on the front and rims on since Sept. Living in the VA sorta helps not needing the AC or heater. Heck its been 55-60 for the past week.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
No disrespect, but to get an evo down to 2500lbs is turning it into a race car. No ifs ands or butts about it. Not worth the time to debate it. You are not on the same playing field as RYU car. He has retained a nice street car in every sense of the word. You wont get much respect gunning for 9s in a 2500lb shell. you need to chase the 9.50s at 145 many have acheived with the red in their drag race cars.

Yeah you can drive a top fuel dragster on the street. doesnt make it a street car..
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck. Hope you get what you are looking for!!!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
No disrespect, but to get an evo down to 2500lbs is turning it into a race car. No ifs ands or butts about it. Not worth the time to debate it. You are not on the same playing field as RYU car. He has retained a nice street car in every sense of the word. You wont get much respect gunning for 9s in a 2500lb shell. you need to chase the 9.50s at 145 many have acheived with the red in their drag race cars.

Yeah you can drive a top fuel dragster on the street. doesnt make it a street car..

None taken. However you are missing the point of all of this. Although this car can be driven on the street just fine, it is not a street car build. It is to see if we can go nines on a stock motor.

-Em
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Its gonna be fun seeing all these stock blocks going at it in 2010. Wish I could compete. Good luck to all
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

None taken. However you are missing the point of all of this. Although this car can be driven on the street just fine, it is not a street car build. It is to see if we can go nines on a stock motor.

-Em
I don't think it can be explained any simpler than that. I think there has been enough of this "what is a street car" debating going on. If someone wants to call their car a street car then thats just wtf it is. I've come to realize that it is truly the owner's opinion of what his/her car is.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe

honestly. .who cares. Its just funny how Stm is chasing their OWN record and now its just not fair for Ryu..... "same playing field"...... thats just funny.

Can some one post the " Rule book " please.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crewdawg130
honestly. .who cares. Its just funny how Stm is chasing their OWN record and now its just not fair for Ryu..... "same playing field"...... thats just funny.

Can some one post the " Rule book " please.

I'm thinking he needs to see pics of the car done with FULL interior.... But yes at race weight it will be ri- tarded...

-Em

Quick Reply: STM TUNED FP RED, BUSCHUR, AND FIC Quest for 9