Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MotionLabtuning, Stock ECU, SD, ETS, JMFab

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up MotionLabtuning, Stock ECU, SD, ETS, JMFab

I would like to thank for all the help and sponsors for helping build this Evo. ETS FF kit works amazing and the products are great quality. Jmfabrication on there top notch intake manifold. Sparktech for great ignition system. Running stock ecu with SD, tephra V7, E85 gas. Todd at MLT did his magic to get her up and running from sitting for a very long time. New MLT fuel system on the car works great. The 1600cc injectors were maxed out. We are in the process right now testing out Motionlabtuning 2000cc injectors, so the car will be going back to the dyno very soon.

Stock ecu with SD
ETS ff turbo kit
PTE 6765 turbo
ETS 3.5 Exhaust
ETS 5" Intercooler
Motionlabtuning 3" upper intercooler
Kelford 272
Drag Jmfabrication intake manifold
Motionlabtuning Fuel system
1600cc injectors(maxed out)
fpr
Manley rods
JE pistons
Sparktech Ignition

@35psi for now.

Last edited by Motion Lab Tuning; Jan 19, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome numbers! Good job guys!

-Jalal
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice, going to be running a similar setup soon myself
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:30 PM

give me a call =)
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

If you don't mind me asking, how did you guys get the FF kit tuned on MAF? Or did you just take an old tune and adjust it for the FF kit? Also, any pics?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lillev23
If you don't mind me asking, how did you guys get the FF kit tuned on MAF? Or did you just take an old tune and adjust it for the FF kit? Also, any pics?
No Maf, Speed Density.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:22 PM
Account Disabled

Why does the power fall off after 7400 rpms?Looks like only peak numbers...
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
We used a sucky MBC that would not hold the boost and tapered up and down, it had the wrong spring in. For the final tune the car will be using 3 port boost controller so that should work a lot better.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by I<3evo
give me a call =)
sorry I missed your call, you have PM
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lillev23
We use Speed Density so no maf. here are couple pics of the setup so far.

Old Jan 20, 2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo

I can answer that question This is Todd. I am the tuner amongst other things.

The graph that Tim posted above is just a shakedown as we're getting a better feel for our new fuel system as well as other mods. This is a 'large' turbo for the displacement, so this means there are some sacrifices for the type of flow necessary to make the kind of power that we are aiming for. FWIW, this type of spool for 'this' turbo is actually pretty nice.

We started at 17psi and made 500whp. We continued to turn up the boost while mapping all of the important stuff. We ended up maxing the 1600cc injectors at 43psi base pressure around 30psi boost IIRC. We then turned up the fuel pres another 10psi, which brought the IDCs back down. Then turned up the boost once again while maintaining our target AFRs.

So our final few pulls we turned up the fuel pres to a base of 60psi. Our fuel set-up was fine with this Since we're referencing boost it gave a max pressure of about 95psi. We didn't feel like moving any further with the tune as the IDC was 98% at 35psi boost. We didn't bother with the tune any further as we planned on throughing in 2000cc injectors, which should give the car what it needs to take it to the next level.

Final numbers should reach 825whp is my best guess Please feel free to contact us with questions. We will do our best to answer any questions here too.

Todd
Motion Lab Tuning
todd@motionlabtuning.com
704-374-5677
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Todd and Tim,

It's been great working with you guys. I can't wait to see the final numbers this car puts out. Tim has been waiting a long time and it looks to be paying off! If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:52 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tmarcel
I can answer that question This is Todd. I am the tuner amongst other things.

The graph that Tim posted above is just a shakedown as we're getting a better feel for our new fuel system as well as other mods. This is a 'large' turbo for the displacement, so this means there are some sacrifices for the type of flow necessary to make the kind of power that we are aiming for. FWIW, this type of spool for 'this' turbo is actually pretty nice.

We started at 17psi and made 500whp. We continued to turn up the boost while mapping all of the important stuff. We ended up maxing the 1600cc injectors at 43psi base pressure around 30psi boost IIRC. We then turned up the fuel pres another 10psi, which brought the IDCs back down. Then turned up the boost once again while maintaining our target AFRs.

So our final few pulls we turned up the fuel pres to a base of 60psi. Our fuel set-up was fine with this Since we're referencing boost it gave a max pressure of about 95psi. We didn't feel like moving any further with the tune as the IDC was 98% at 35psi boost. We didn't bother with the tune any further as we planned on throughing in 2000cc injectors, which should give the car what it needs to take it to the next level.

Final numbers should reach 825whp is my best guess Please feel free to contact us with questions. We will do our best to answer any questions here too.

Todd
Motion Lab Tuning
todd@motionlabtuning.com
704-374-5677
Thanks for replying back make's lots of sense good luck with this build.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Why kind of dyno is this on? Have you guys drove this thing on the street? How does it spool/responed?

Fathouse
Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fathouse
Why kind of dyno is this on? Have you guys drove this thing on the street? How does it spool/responed?

Fathouse
Its a mustang dyno. The car drives really good, with SD setup we got all the stock drivabily back, no more hickups or part throttle problems. Todd did a very job tuning for drivibality. Spool is lil laggy for DD car but its not worse then my old hta88 turbo i had. The turbo is very responsive and hits very hard at full boost.

Quick Reply: MotionLabtuning, Stock ECU, SD, ETS, JMFab