Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP HTA Green Tuned By: diiirk@AWDMotorsports!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 minutes.. pretty busy and forgot..
Old May 1, 2010, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is the comparison for both Green HTA & IX Turbo.. The Stock IX does make more below 4500.. The useable powerband 4500-7500 is quite the difference..

Old May 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ Mike, your Green seems to be a bit laggy???

Mikey
Old May 1, 2010, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO

Mikey
Its the only HTA green we have done.. On paper i dont know what it should look like but the owner says on the street it FEELS identical to stock..

Mike
Old May 1, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
looks right to me
Old May 1, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Off topic, but I'd love to see a Green and Black comparison.
Old May 1, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotta love these green mike
Old May 1, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Feels almost identical, first pull that we did we were amazed how identical the spool was, at 27psi it made 470 thats when derek and I were shocked at the spool characteristics to the stock IX
Old May 1, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
looks right to me
Aaron, my Red spools 300rpms sooner than the HTA Green... At least it appears that way comparing graphs.

Mikey
Old May 1, 2010, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Timing, MIVEC, fuel, etc. They (Green/Red/Black) are all pretty close to each other. Cams can make a difference as can the rest of the mods. It looks like about what Brett's did to me...my 2 cents anyway.

aaron
Old May 1, 2010, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO

Mikey
I agree, that spool does seem a little slow. Mine on the 2.0 seemed to spool a little bit faster than that, great numbers nonetheless. JohnBradley is right though, it really depends on the tuning map, MIVEC, Cams, etc...
Old May 2, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

honestly dont really notice a difference, I'll see if we can post up the boost plot up comparing the stock turbo
Old May 2, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Month after month I keep mentioning that many people were following the BBK full like sheeps without knowing the true potential of the HTA green.

For a while CBRD took great advantage of the overwhelming display of Dynos shown using BBK fulls, I told everyone to be patient and wait for results for the HTA Green. The few dynos done on HTA Green clearly show how great this turbo is.

Aren't you convinced yet? just because there are like 10 to 1 more dynos on BBL doesn't make it better than the HTA green. I am not saying the BBK full is a bad or lesser turbo, I am saying no one gave credit to the HTA green just because they haven't seen the dynos. FP makes great turbos folks.

Carlos
Old May 2, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Perhaps if they would have started a little lower like 3k instead of 3.5 it would look less laggy?
Old May 2, 2010, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Month after month I keep mentioning that many people were following the BBK full like sheep without knowing the true potential of the HTA green.

For a while CBRD took great advantage of the overwhelming display of Dynos shown using BBK fulls, I told everyone to be patient and wait for results for the HTA Green. The few dynos done on HTA Green clearly show how great this turbo is.

Aren't you convinced yet? just because there are like 10 to 1 more dynos on BBL doesn't make it better than the HTA green. I am not saying the BBK full is a bad or lesser turbo, I am saying no one gave credit to the HTA green just because they haven't seen the dynos. FP makes great turbos folks.

Carlos
i dont think anyone ever said fp made bad turbos or cbrd took advantage of anyone. they offered a quality product that produced repeatable results and was reliable time and time again.

i am one of those sheep you speak of and it had nothing to do with waiting for an fp green graph. people choose turbos for other reasons then who can make the most power. there is a lot more to a turbo then peek power and bragging rights. the bbk full has a place in the market for what the creator intended, ask anyone of the people that made an informed decision about buying one and see if they are happy with their choice. i know i am. to some it is more about the company as a whole and the comfort dealing with them, the quality service and parts they provide in all areas and the location of the shop, like being local.

fp makes great turbos and know their shat. robert is an educated man and has been in the business for years. all should be happy we have so many choices to fine tune our cars for our specific needs. the evo market might have the best aftermarket support of any car which lets us all play the game the way we want to, using top notch parts and tuning.

jeff

Last edited by atkins; May 2, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Quick Reply: FP HTA Green Tuned By: diiirk@AWDMotorsports!