Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Buschur Racing, FP Red/FP Black/HTA86 comparo of sorts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first of all, i don't think that's a fair comparison, and second there is a cost factor and convenience for choosing an FP BLack. I've personally used the FP Black on both the 2.0 and the 2.4 engine. I can tell you that the spoolup and response between both engines are night and day.With the added dsiplacement, unlike this case where the turbo being discredited is on the smallest motor, the response of that turbo is amazing. I've also used the 6262 on both engines and non of them are anywhere near as fun as the FP BLack. The second factor is the ease and cost of this setup. it's like plug-n-play. No expensive manifold, no external wastegate, no downpipe mods, water and oil supply lines.... and the list goes on. Personally, i think it's on the best turbos ever made for ppl like me. Thanks again to FP for a great product.

Originally Posted by MOREPSiTEHBETT4
I am kinda double going back on myself, from this chart it appears the fpblack is a pretty pointless turbo as it's non stock framed counterparts really spool only a few hundred rpm slower but have much higher power potential

I think the standard smallest exhaust housing( .68?iirc not .82 I know that's not the smallest) 35r would spool almost the same as a black but could break 600whp much easier

or even a better comparison, the 35r on pump would kill a black on pump...

dave quick q...

Idk why I am hating on the black, some people show it's spool ungodly early though(way different than your data which I trust), are the tuner's just making the max torque earlier db? or loading the dyno funny? corr factors?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM-Evo9MR
first of all, i don't think that's a fair comparison, and second there is a cost factor and convenience for choosing an FP BLack. I've personally used the FP Black on both the 2.0 and the 2.4 engine. I can tell you that the spoolup and response between both engines are night and day.With the added dsiplacement, unlike this case where the turbo being discredited is on the smallest motor, the response of that turbo is amazing. I've also used the 6262 on both engines and non of them are anywhere near as fun as the FP BLack. The second factor is the ease and cost of this setup. it's like plug-n-play. No expensive manifold, no external wastegate, no downpipe mods, water and oil supply lines.... and the list goes on. Personally, i think it's on the best turbos ever made for ppl like me. Thanks again to FP for a great product.
like full boost at 3800rpm? cause thats what my 2.3 setup does with a fp black. it feels like a ****ing 16g no joke.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HTA 86 is a wicked spooling HP monster.. No 2 ways about it!!! nice work.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

That is a cool azz dyno sheet to look at!

I would take the HTA86, I like the lag... Its the calm before the storm
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ I couldn't agree more, to me the larger framed turbos are like an on and off switch, one minute its blah and the second its helllllooo hold the f on!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
That is a cool azz dyno sheet to look at!

I would take the HTA86, I like the lag... Its the calm before the storm
+1

Thanks for sharing your results Dave... I miss these kind of posts!!!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:19 AM

i hope you guys aren't missing my point. What i'm trying to say is that the FP Black can be bolted to a stock motor and do wonders with very minor upgrades. The eventuality is that the larger frame trubos such as the HTA will make more power at the end of the day. But i'm reffering to this one piece of component that can be fitted to an evo with most things remaining stock and squeezing a reliable 450hp out of the motor without breaking a swett. Most person never mention the addtional hardware it takes to get those massive powerbands from the larger turbos such as displacement, headwork etc. And the fact still remains that the FP Black is still sitting on the smallest motor in the graph comparison. Why not post some results with it on a 2.3 or 2.4 motor and lets see how the spooling is. Besides, BadBish as always made extraordinary figures, alot of which has to do with the hardware used. I must admitt, i consider it to be a superior car to a lot of cars with similar or the same mods. Congrats though man.

Last edited by JDM-Evo9MR; Jun 3, 2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: additional info
Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDM-Evo9MR
i hope you guys aren't missing my point. What i'm trying to say is that the FP Black can be bolted to a stock motor and do wonders with very minor upgrades. The eventuality is that the larger frame trubos such as the HTA will make more power at the end of the day. But i'm reffering to this one piece of component that can be fitted to an evo with most things remaining stock and squeezing a reliable 450hp out of the motor without breaking a swett. Most person never mention the addtional hardware it takes to get those massive powerbands from the larger turbos such as displacement, headwork etc. And the fact still remains that the FP Black is still sitting on the smallest motor in the graph comparison. Why not post some results with it on a 2.3 or 2.4 motor and lets see how the spooling is. Besides, BadBish as always made extraordinary figures, alot of which has to do with the hardware used. I must admitt, i consider it to be a superior car to a lot of cars with similar or the same mods. Congrats though man.
Agreed 100% badbish is a Badbish lol.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=JDM-Evo9MR;8367636]i hope you guys aren't missing my point. What i'm trying to say is that the FP Black can be bolted to a stock motor and do wonders with very minor upgrades. [QUOTE]But to get the most out of it, the motor needs built.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

amazing how some take a friendly comparison for the public to view and make it personal lol.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
grain of salt for everyone reading.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 06:22 PM

Project White is doing the damn thing!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:47 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for posting the graphs Dave. Very interesting........
Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
I would be interested to see how the Red/Black build boost from 2000-3500 compared to the T3 turbo. I thought one of the main benefits of the stock frame turbos was their more stock-like part throttle response at low RPMs.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
I would be interested to see how the Red/Black build boost from 2000-3500 compared to the T3 turbo. I thought one of the main benefits of the stock frame turbos was their more stock-like part throttle response at low RPMs.
Yeah I agree, looking at the dyno from project white where it made like 400ft/lbs at 3500 is what made me go with the 2.3 w/ a red to begin with.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing, FP Red/FP Black/HTA86 comparo of sorts