Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MAPerformance Drag Evo / 978whp 685wtq / Stock ECU

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
MAPerformance Drag Evo / 978whp 685wtq / Stock ECU

It's been a long journey, but I believe we've reclaimed the highest horsepower stock ECU record We don't expect this to last long as we've got some stiff competition out there, but this was only 37psi and although its cliche, there's a lot left in it We'll be out at BIR this weekend to see what she can do (albeit on stock suspension and street tires for now), yet another reason to attend our Proving Grounds event!

Update 6/30/10: Turned it up a bit more tonight with results of 978whp and 685ft/lbs, I'm really starting to doubt our MAP sensor though as this kind of power at 39psi is just ridiculous!

Build Details

MAP Stage 2 2.4L Shortblock
- OEM 100mm Crankshaft
- Wiseco HD Pistons
- ACL Race Bearings
- MAP Spec Howard's Rods
MAP Stage 5 Cylinder Head
GSC S3 Camshafts
Fidanza Cam Gears
Precision Turbo Billet 76mm Ball Bearing Turbocharger
Speed Density with AEM 5 Bar (Special thanks to Scheides for all of your help!)
Sparktech Coil on Plug
AEM CDI Ignition Box / Wideband / Gauges
ETS 5" Front Mount Intercooler
Fuel Injector Clinic 2150cc Injectors (E98 Fuel)
Magnus V5 Cast Intake Manifold & Fuel Rail
OEM replacement parts supplied by mitsubishiparts.net
QuarterMaster Twin Plate Clutch (2010 Revised Version)
Torque Solution Motor Mounts
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
Turbosmart Raceport BOV / 45mm Wastegates / eBoost2 / AFPR

Stock ECU Developers / Innovators

As always we can't say enough about how thankful we are to the stock ECU gurus that made this a possibility. If I try to name all of you I will most certainly leave someone out unintentionally, so I hope that addressing the group as a whole will sufficiently convey our gratitude If ever there is anything we can do to further advance the capabilities of the stock ECU please don't hesitate to let us know!

Click the image below for a larger view!

Thank you to our sponsors, this wouldn't be possible without you!

[youtube]m0eevGuvSFs[/youtube]

Last edited by maperformance; Jun 30, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

QuarterMaster Twin Plate Clutch / 2010 Revision

To the best of my knowledge we were the first to install one of these bad boys, and I can assure you it will be changing the game in regards to twin plate clutches Several revisions were made from their previous design (I'm afraid I don't know all of the specifics) with the hopes of enhancing driveability while retaining power capacity, and as you can see there is no question that this thing can hold some power! They were also very successful in regards to driveability as this clutch makes little to no noise and engagement is significantly less harsh than the previous model. We don't yet have any information on pricing or availability, but if you can hold out for one of these I strongly suggest it

Last edited by maperformance; Jun 24, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow nice power, do you ot any pics of the car??
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
That's some good power per lb of boost!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any video of the dyno pulls?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by compscibOi
Any video of the dyno pulls?
Added to the first post Please forgive the lame music lol.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by maperformance
Reserved to discuss the new QuarterMaster hotness

Awesome #'s.. but please do tell about the new Quartermaster. I currently have the "old" twin disk version and it's basically on its last leg.. just slipping like crazy, and I know through the R&D of one of the fellow EvoM guys on here how I can shave .050" off of it and get more life out of the clutch. But I'm not sure if it's worth doing seeing I would be having it put in by Strictly Modified. So pay for labor, machine work on a used clutch, etc.. just to get another MAYBE 8-10k out of it city driving. Then be in the same situation agian when it finally goes.

So if you could tell me what are the new revisions of the twin disk? I have no problems what so ever with the old twin disk as far as the "harsh" engagement as some people call it, I just hope the new revision has allowed for more longevity. Any word on life expectancy the new style will provide?
Also seeing I already have the old QM, is it possible to rebuild the old style QM clutch with the new revision, if I should choose to do so? If so, how much? If not, is the old style still available for purchasing for a rebuild?

Thanks,
Nate
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by awdwannabe
Awesome #'s.. but please do tell about the new Quartermaster. I currently have the "old" twin disk version and it's basically on its last leg.. just slipping like crazy, and I know through the R&D of one of the fellow EvoM guys on here how I can shave .050" off of it and get more life out of the clutch. But I'm not sure if it's worth doing seeing I would be having it put in by Strictly Modified. So pay for labor, machine work on a used clutch, etc.. just to get another MAYBE 8-10k out of it city driving. Then be in the same situation agian when it finally goes.

So if you could tell me what are the new revisions of the twin disk? I have no problems what so ever with the old twin disk as far as the "harsh" engagement as some people call it, I just hope the new revision has allowed for more longevity. Any word on life expectancy the new style will provide?
Also seeing I already have the old QM, is it possible to rebuild the old style QM clutch with the new revision, if I should choose to do so? If so, how much? If not, is the old style still available for purchasing for a rebuild?

Thanks,
Nate
See my revision above I will touch base with them in regards to longevity and report back. In regards to rebuilding with new components I don't believe so as there were several changes to the cover and thus intermediate plates, etc. As far as I know rebuild components for the previous version will still be available for some time as they have several other applications using the components as well
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

awesome
thats fast progress as i bet the masses would have said thats impossible only 2 yrs ago on std ecu
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats guys, can't wait to see you reach 1k whp on stock ECU
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by maperformance
See my revision above I will touch base with them in regards to longevity and report back. In regards to rebuilding with new components I don't believe so as there were several changes to the cover and thus intermediate plates, etc. As far as I know rebuild components for the previous version will still be available for some time as they have several other applications using the components as well

10-4 sorry I must have skipped over the revision part. Well looks like I'm going to have to go with the "old" style for now and just get it shaved a little for some more longevity. I'd appreciate any info you can give about the new style once it's available.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Pretty Sweet Music.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Creamo3
Congrats guys, can't wait to see you reach 1k whp on stock ECU
We'll be taking a stab at it next week, we just need to keep it in one piece for our event this weekend lol.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow this thing must be a beast good job.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very impressive, poor stock ECU could definitely use some Excedrin

Quick Reply: MAPerformance Drag Evo / 978whp 685wtq / Stock ECU