Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Mikey's FP Black *** WOW ***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010 | 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wiznaz
Job well done doing your homework before the build. The numbers are well rewarding! I've been tinkering with the idea of swapping my M2s out for something more up to date. I'm afraid I can't use your new prototypes with my stock head / piston clearance, I'll have to settle for something more friendly. I'd love to pick up gains like that without sacrificing any spool!
You will still gain over the M2s with S2s

Mikey
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

*IMPORTANT TO NOTE*

To save some trouble for Greg, anyone interested in these cams can save the phone call to GSC for the time being. They dont have a name so they dont exist.

They are not going to be widely available, they will only be available through EnglishRacing, and they are not drop in friendly. There are definite requirements to make these cams work properly, headflow, springs, turbo size, compression, etc.

thanks

Aaron
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 10:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Rock said you're going to run a ZR1? As is I think you got him..... If you really are going to run a zr1 please video it and put it on youtube.. I love seeing the v8 guys get all butt hurt. a video like that will get thousands of comments in a week guaranteed.

Could it be from the non ported housing maybe? Id love to see how it does with a external gate, i bet that will make a big big difference.. I was personally looking into that myself. Did you try a boost leak test to confirm nothing came undone? I dont know if you have the omni 4bar or not? if so it leaks under boost if you use the original oring it comes with.

Well its safe to say you got the record at 25psi for the fp black............ i dont see anyone hitting 613whp at that boost level anytime soon.
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Rock said you're going to run a ZR1? As is I think you got him..... If you really are going to run a zr1 please video it and put it on youtube.. I love seeing the v8 guys get all butt hurt. a video like that will get thousands of comments in a week guaranteed.

Could it be from the non ported housing maybe? Id love to see how it does with a external gate, i bet that will make a big big difference.. I was personally looking into that myself. Did you try a boost leak test to confirm nothing came undone? I dont know if you have the omni 4bar or not? if so it leaks under boost if you use the original oring it comes with.

Well its safe to say you got the record at 25psi for the fp black............ i dont see anyone hitting 613whp at that boost level anytime soon.
Because we all know I run around with a cam in my car at all time. I don't believe 675 will shake a ZR1, should be close though...

Yes we boost leaked test and I have a larger o-ring on my 4bar so it doesn't leak. All bases covered!

Mikey
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 10:52 PM
Former Sponsor

As far as traction goes you will be on top, but they have abnormally long gears which sometimes makes it hard to pull on them, but a high hp evo is no joke either, and you will be reving to what 8500? They only make 638HP flywheel, im pretty sure a 650whp+ evo will **** all over one... maybe im to cocky for my own good tho. Only one way to find out

I figured you did, was just making sure.

btw how does the 675 feel vs the 560 before? how much stronger does it pull uptop? and what can you compare it to? you should let Aaron drive your car and ride in passenger seat, i bet you will **** yourself. It feels so much different when in passenger seat.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jun 30, 2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Mikey comonnnnn of course youll be able to give a ZR1 a run for its money for sure. They put down 540whp-560whp stock and around 500wtq. And yes our gearing is different than theirs so theyll certainly be able to get more speed per gear than you. But Id put $100 down that you'll wipe the ZR1...as long as its stock

And yes video is required and the V8 guys will all go nucking futs when you say "stock frame turbo" in the video. OH MA GAW NAW HE MUST GOT A TURBO FROM A TURBO BEDAZZLER TRUCK IN IT THAT AINT NO SILLY LITTLE CHINESE TURBO HURRRR.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Hahhaha, great numbers and I would love to get my hands on the video and post it on my local board for all the V8 nut swingers to watch !
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 12:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Mikey comonnnnn of course youll be able to give a ZR1 a run for its money for sure. They put down 540whp-560whp stock and around 500wtq. And yes our gearing is different than theirs so theyll certainly be able to get more speed per gear than you. But Id put $100 down that you'll wipe the ZR1...as long as its stock

And yes video is required and the V8 guys will all go nucking futs when you say "stock frame turbo" in the video. OH MA GAW NAW HE MUST GOT A TURBO FROM A TURBO BEDAZZLER TRUCK IN IT THAT AINT NO SILLY LITTLE CHINESE TURBO HURRRR.
not to sound cocky again but........ 540-560whp is all they do??? his evo will **** out a zr1 if so........ the gearing is great in them but not great enough to take a evo down 100whp no way in hell. id put $1000 on Mikey.

i think with just intake + exhaust + electric waterpump + tune they make over 100whp more tho
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
not to sound cocky again but........ 540-560whp is all they do??? his evo will **** out a zr1 if so........ the gearing is great in them but not great enough to take a evo down 100whp no way in hell. id put $1000 on Mikey.

i think with just intake + exhaust + electric waterpump + tune they make over 100whp more tho
And if they added a smaller pulley, and E85 it would be even MORE!!! turn that boost up baby.

Considering my car doesn't like to go in 4th in high rpms I bet $1000 the ZR1 will beat me, for now at least...

Mikey.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 12:41 AM
Former Sponsor

your syncros are taking a ****? yuck! i thought you had a built shep trans or did you just swap the 6 for a stock 5?
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yessir, 540whp-560whp is the average output for a ZR1. Ive done too much research for my own good on what other cars do stock and modded. I have a whole list of curb weights and power output saved on a memo in my phone of a few cars for when I go Z06/GT500/Viper hunting

Edmunds saw even less when they dynoed a ZR1. The reason theyre so quick overall is because they make 500lb/ft basically right off idle and then continue to make it all the way across the chart.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 12:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Yessir, 540whp-560whp is the average output for a ZR1. Ive done too much research for my own good on what other cars do stock and modded. I have a whole list of curb weights and power output saved on a memo in my phone of a few cars for when I go Z06/GT500/Viper hunting

Edmunds saw even less when they dynoed a ZR1. The reason theyre so quick overall is because they make 500lb/ft basically right off idle and then continue to make it all the way across the chart.
Nice. Ya I have yet to see one here yet, but i have wooped a gt500 already. The owner was pretty pissed off after a "ricer" pulled on him. I love the v8 guys that have absolutely no respect for our cars, or any imports in general. Its so fun to woop them when given the chance. Mustangs are a dime a dozen here, not so much evos or corvettes, and a viper I only know of 2 locals within a 1000 mile radius, which are both 800rwhp+ off spray so no chance in hell.

There are cool domestic guys, but I think more ********* then not. Especially in mustangs. I never ran into a ******** vette owner yet tho. My dad has 2 vettes and he thinks its unreal how these little cars haul ***. Hes actually scared of my car. And my other uncle thats a mechanic described my car as "****ed up fast"

I think any evo in the 450/450 territory is a nasty car to own, and will hold its own very well on the street and track. its also very scary tho how easily these cars are to lose control of..... which is why we see a new wrecked one everyday.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

I completely agree, if you've ever browsed, for example, The TBSS forums...you should, tons of hilarity. They all think turbos are some sort of voodoo.

Theyll be like "Whyd my 19 ton, 330 liter V8 looz to a WRX with just an exhaust?" Then Jimbob will answer "AW HELL that thing was turbocharged thats why. Turbo musta been the size of an oreo cookie, thats why he won! Go get a 900 shot and race him from a dig!!" Then Jed goes and gets his 900 shot of naws and still loses, and they still cant figure out why. Theres seriously "kill" threads on that site of guys bragging about beating Miatas, Tiburons, and Scion TC's. Very sad. Thank god I got rid of my tbss

As soon as my car is back, its debut race is gonna be against an 08 GT500 with exhaust and intake, the guys always lookin for runs so he'll be very easy to get a race with. I just gotta make sure Im not on the hoosiers that day or he might get suspicious lol. Should be fun to pick on for sure.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 01:18 AM
Former Sponsor

yes that is hilarious LOL. I put up videos on youtube and I have these redneck guys talking **** also. PM'ing me on youtube and everything. wtf is with these people? they think its wrong to own imports cause were in america but do they realize 90% of the parts even on american cars are imported over? lmao......

My favorite video is of the 601awhp AMS evo where it wooped everything it raced from 500-700hp cars and finally they had some redneck trailor out this primered chevy SS with a 250 shot of nitrous and a big block to finally beat the evo

im sure you know what evo im talking about, it helped ams get its name out there on a major scale.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha yes I know that video, Evo completely womped everything. Great, a car that couldnt even be driven to the race finally beat it

That argument is the best, the "dont support import" argument because we're feeding foreign countries by not buying American...um hello, go walk into a Honda dealer or Mitsu dealer...who works there? American citizens?! Woahhhh no way! Theres not 60 illegal japanese 10 year olds running around in there selling/fixing the cars.

Quick Reply: Mikey's FP Black *** WOW ***