Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Forged Performance references?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Forged Performance references?

***Mods, please move if this is in the wrong section***

Hey guys,

I just found out about a shop in my region named Forged Performance, here is the link:

http://www.forgedperformance.com/

I have never had any of my vehicles on a dyno in 10 years because of a lack of an AWD dyno around, thus I learned to self tune.

I am considering getting a dyno tune there or maybe just buying some dyno time.

Can anyone give me some insight into their evo tuning experience or maybe even someone can chime in that had their car tuned there.

I know they recently tuned a RED turbo X, and the numbers were decent for their low reading dyno.

I'm just being cautious who I allow to tune my X, no disrespect intended in anyway.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Not that it really matters in this case, but ur in the evo 1-9 section...10s have their own section. Also, the mods will move this because u gotta have dyno or tuning results to post here...anyway, before the gunshots start...I know of Forge motorsports and Forced performance, but Ive never heard of forged performance. If ur worried about who tunes ur car, (as we all are) there is a spectrum of reputable tuners backed by EvoM members all across the country. If u were to specify ur location u would most likely start receiving boatloads of recommendations of shops that tune basically all evos, all day. Use one of those shops to take the guess work out of the process. So tell us where ur from...

Last edited by YogSaahoth; Aug 4, 2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP, Where our reputation is not quite as well known on these boards everyone in the Nissan world knows who we are. Obviously that tells you nothing about our ability to work on Evo's, so let me start by saying that we have been working on these cars for several years and have tuned countless Evo's here. Please feel free to stop by anytime if you are in the area and check us out. You can also call or PM me if you have any questions.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am guessing he is posting in the Evo 1-9 section because it has been around a lot longer and therefore has the potential to have more people that have gone there.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Evoatlanta...they are all over that forum
Old Aug 5, 2010, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Never been to them, but I have seen some of their tuning work on the Godzilla Sti and their 370z at the track (Both are being setup for Time Attack). Both cars run great and make plenty of power. They have a very good rep in the mid-TN area and lot's of folks travel down to Atlanta for them to do their tuning.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

I think Sharif is a great tuner on nissans.... they are kinda like the AMS of the 350z world. I think he is just not as experienced with evos. I know Scott Siegel from topspeed is working for them now I believe?

They have good customer service from what I hear, but if you have a pretty serious evo I would just drive out to Mellon in Memphis or down south at AWD motorsports.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Also on another note I would deff take my car to Forged before I took it to topspeed which is nearby.

Topspeed yes Doug Wilks is a good tuner but tunes very very aggressively. Also there customer service BLOWS they never return calls etc. Also I have been there a few times and was dissatisfied with the service. I know of various evo's they have blown shortly after being topspeed tuned.

Just saying
Old Aug 5, 2010, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

There's negatives about every shop. I've heard way more negative stuff about Forged then Topspeed. Doug is a great tuner. He's been tuning Evo's for years.

And he tunes agressively.........point being what? Have they blown up cars? Had a car running on 2 cylinders? No need to slam a shop. There's good and bad about all.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
There's negatives about every shop. I've heard way more negative stuff about Forged then Topspeed. Doug is a great tuner. He's been tuning Evo's for years.

And he tunes agressively.........point being what? Have they blown up cars? Had a car running on 2 cylinders? No need to slam a shop. There's good and bad about all.

I know of 4-5 guys that will agree with me on the overly aggressive tuning...I agree good and bad about both I am not going to argue on that aspect...

I don't have so much of an issue with Doug's tuning as there customer service its awful. Things may be different now but as of a few months back it wasn't.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Honestly I just wish we had some more shops around the area
Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mark14
Honestly I just wish we had some more shops around the area
Now THAT we can def. agree on. Dyno4mance was a recession casualty but from what I heard they were good (was the tuners name Andrew)

if had a better way or they were closer id go to AWD fer shure
Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

forged is a great company to deal with
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
Now THAT we can def. agree on. Dyno4mance was a recession casualty but from what I heard they were good (was the tuners name Andrew)

if had a better way or they were closer id go to AWD fer shure
Yup Dyno4mance had a nice setup, they were a great shop but they went down hill quick!

No doubt we just got the shaft around these parts eh? haha
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

It could be worse. We could have to travel 2 states over to get a great name tuner. Mellon in TN and AWD/TTP in FL isn't terrible.

Good luck to the OP

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Aug 6, 2010 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance references?