Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2.3+6262 at a Mile high!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoryder
This car must fly.

dynojet > mustang...less drama
the car is definitely fast, especially being on crappy 91 and alcohol. as a tuning tool, the mustang is faaarrrr better than a dynojet, especially since you can load the car properly. once tuned, you dont need to make any changes on the road, where cars ive seen on dynojets usually need a touch up on the road. there are dynojets that have correction factors as well, a local one runs 20-22%. in the end, everyone knows that dynos are just tuning tools and give you an idea what kind of gains you car has seen from stock to modified. im just happy the car feels strong on the road, runs smoothe, and starts up like oem lol
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
just want to make it clear that the dyno is set up by Mustang and nothing was touched after. Mustang actually says to run the correction factor. i know alot of people are against this but its what mustang says to do. there are no sensors or anything that were left out, its exactly how mustang would want it to be set up. before people start to jump to conclusions, call mustang and they will explain all of this to you. also, you can always figure out uncorrected numbers.
I have email Mustang, Dynojet and Dynodynamics and they all replied that the CF of 20% is wrong. Damn I wish would have saved the emails. I will be giving them a call in the morning to hear what they have to say. There is absolutely NO WAY your car will act like that on a proper reading mustang dyno at sea level. I know that Brain doesn't do this to make himself look better, he obviously knows what he is doing but if you can run within .3 seconds and .3 mph in the 1/4mile at a mile high compared to sea level, how could you possibly think that you would be making 20% more hp?

A lot of the local guys go to texas for the big event that is there and the turbo guys all notice this. One guy, TRMIN8R, dynoed 10% higher at a dj in texas and ran a 9.34 when he was running 9.6-9.7 in abq, 01 88mm turbo camaro SS.

I will say it again, since everyone uses cf in denver, and altitude in general, it makes sense why tobz uses it.

Also, your car doesn't ever use corrected numbers, so you are saying that you MIGHT have a number that is 20% greater than what you are ACTUALLY producing. But to basically say, "Yeah my car has xx power, well if I was at sea level and it was 77 degrees and 29.235 in/Hg, but it totally has it." To think or say that, which you are, is ignorant and naive.

Plus I really hope this car runs for awhile. No one in town can keep a high hp car running and I am glad you actually got it built by someone that knows what they are doing. Congrats man.

the car is definitely fast, especially being on crappy 91 and alcohol. as a tuning tool, the mustang is faaarrrr better than a dynojet, especially since you can load the car properly. once tuned, you dont need to make any changes on the road, where cars ive seen on dynojets usually need a touch up on the road. there are dynojets that have correction factors as well, a local one runs 20-22%. in the end, everyone knows that dynos are just tuning tools and give you an idea what kind of gains you car has seen from stock to modified. im just happy the car feels strong on the road, runs smoothe, and starts up like oem lol
You just said this but you stick to your corrected numbers?? That doesn't make sense man. If you believe it is only a number and a tool used for tuning, then why care what you make? It is just a reference point to start out with right???

Last edited by jasnm21; Aug 11, 2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tobz dyno reads like a dynojet.......... sometimes higher! bs dyno. from the dyno sheets i seen from him tho, he certainly knows what hes doing, so i dont understand the bs inflation? I dont care if the dynos on the north poll with Santa Claus controlling it, theres no need for this 1.8 or whatever the cf is raised to. For the forums sake at least post uncorrected with corrected so we can see.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Aug 11, 2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
I know the weight. Mustang tells you to use this weight as well as that HP@50. It is correct for "mustang" numbers if this makes sense.
ya same as when i did mine on a mustang. pwr@50 15.1 & weight 3625.

Im curious though, since you have to punch the weight in does this mean if the car weights more then a standard evo or has like 400lbs of extra crap in the car will it effect the power it outputs or no? i had like 500lbs of crap in my car when i dyno'ed. 4 tires, fuel, battery chargers, 2 people, etc.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Tobz dyno reads like a dynojet.......... sometimes higher! bs dyno. from the dyno sheets i seen from him tho, he certainly knows what hes doing, so i dont understand the bs inflation? I dont care if the dynos on the north poll with Santa Claus controlling it, theres no need for this 1.8 or whatever the cf is raised to. For the forums sake at least post uncorrected with corrected so we can see.
This^ Tobz is the only one remotely close to us that knows what he is doing. He makes great power and his tunes look spot on. But for the sake of flaming his threads, post uncorrected graphs.

PS I just got an email back from Mustang And another from DJ

Last edited by jasnm21; Aug 11, 2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

I love how we get a few guys that put out that Tobz is the only good tuner in the area. We are lucky enough to have several good tuners in the area. Carz Performance and Mac Autosport to name a couple.

Tobz has had cars and turbos blow up just like anyone else. People just don't post up about it.

There is a big difference between a post about how you got tuned by Tobz and are happy with it, or saying that Tobz is the only good tuner in the area, or that he is better than anyone else in the area, which has been mentioned before on our colorado evo forum.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jasnm21
This^ Tobz is the only one remotely close to us that knows what he is doing. He makes great power and his tunes look spot on. But for the sake of flaming his threads, post uncorrected graphs.

PS I just got an email back from Mustang And another from DJ
WTF are you smoking? We have quite a few DSM/8/9 tuners that know their **** locally!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:54 AM

we've had this argument on the colorado forum - unless you've personally been involved business-wise with other tuners, don't state that "all are bad", "tobz is the only good one", etc.

i've been tuned by tobz, and am very happy with the results. (30k miles on the e85 tune now)

there are plenty of other evo owners who have used other local tuners, there have been a few bad apples - but generally, it appears that we are lucky to have a choice of tuners in the area that know their stuff.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by z0iid
we've had this argument on the colorado forum - unless you've personally been involved business-wise with other tuners, don't state that "all are bad", "tobz is the only good one", etc.

i've been tuned by tobz, and am very happy with the results. (30k miles on the e85 tune now)

there are plenty of other evo owners who have used other local tuners, there have been a few bad apples - but generally, it appears that we are lucky to have a choice of tuners in the area that know their stuff.
I am sorry, there is Carz, which I don't know him but he seems arrogant, Jack's transmission and a couple others. I live in Abq and NO ONE knows anything about building a car. So everyone in ABQ is ALL BAD, I don't know of one car locally that has done anything. And i made the statement because there aren't many people that post results from the other ones. I know Tobz has some decent track times from the cars he tunes, where are the rest of the time slips from those guys? I forgot who built the epic evo or what ever that was called but that was done in Springs IIRC.

Sorry for pissing you guys off.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slo4g63
I love how we get a few guys that put out that Tobz is the only good tuner in the area. We are lucky enough to have several good tuners in the area. Carz Performance and Mac Autosport to name a couple.

Tobz has had cars and turbos blow up just like anyone else. People just don't post up about it.

There is a big difference between a post about how you got tuned by Tobz and are happy with it, or saying that Tobz is the only good tuner in the area, or that he is better than anyone else in the area, which has been mentioned before on our colorado evo forum.
Tobz is the only one that truely understands the concept of tuning, its more than just making power. everyone that has come to him after being tuned by one of these other guys has left with a huge smile on their face and they could not believe the difference. its more than a few guys that say he is the best, believe me, ive seen all of the threads on the other forum.

Originally Posted by Spy007
WTF are you smoking? We have quite a few DSM/8/9 tuners that know their **** locally!
geez...give the guy a break. the results and posts from happy customers are what makes tobz known for what he does.

Originally Posted by z0iid

ever think that people say this probably because they have been tuned by these other guys and were not happy until they were tuned by tobz? its nice to see that your tuned by him and from the results it seems like you have a very solid tune. dont take what i say in the wrong way, im just saying that all this talk comes from happy customers not some "cult" that was created for tobz.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasnm21
You just said this but you stick to your corrected numbers?? That doesn't make sense man. If you believe it is only a number and a tool used for tuning, then why care what you make? It is just a reference point to start out with right???
If you look at the title of my thread...no where does it show that im glorifying my numbers. have you ever thought about the fact the there are people that look at more than just the numbers on a dyno graph??? since your not looking at that, let me point out a couple of things. by looking at the graph you can see things such as powerband, spool up, boost etc and compare them to an evo at sea level with the same mods. obviously these things are not the same at this elevation. im sure that there are quite a few people that live in high elevation areas that can take this info and apply it to their path in modifications, especially when it comes to choosing a turbo or a full set up that will provide a person with the spool up, power, and performance that they are looking for. its unfortunate that through the years of modifications on my car, i was not able to research and find information from evo's in high elevation areas. due to this, i went through a couple of different set ups until now, which im finally satisfied.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

If you look at the title of my thread...no where does it show that im glorifying my numbers. have you ever thought about the fact the there are people that look at more than just the numbers on a dyno graph??? since your not looking at that, let me point out a couple of things. by looking at the graph you can see things such as powerband, spool up, boost etc and compare them to an evo at sea level with the same mods. obviously these things are not the same at this elevation. im sure that there are quite a few people that live in high elevation areas that can take this info and apply it to their path in modifications, especially when it comes to choosing a turbo or a full set up that will provide a person with the spool up, power, and performance that they are looking for. its unfortunate that through the years of modifications on my car, i was not able to research and find information from evo's in high elevation areas. due to this, i went through a couple of different set ups until now, which im finally satisfied.
I know that the graph shows more than just a number but you can't compare it to a car at sea level. It is awesome that some people at high altitudes can look at your graph and say, well with this turbo, cams, displacement, etc it should spool up around xxxx. There isn't much information on this. My biggest pet peeve is the cf. Even without the CF people can still look at the graph and say, ok with this turbo, cams, displacement, etc it should spool around xxxx. The only difference is someone that is new to the world of dynos and cf will follow that path, make your power and wonder why they are so slow in the 1/4. If I have xxx power I should run xx.xx. But I am running .7 seconds slower than XXX at sea level. What gives? Get it.

No matter how you argue it, uncorrected shows TRUE data that may not be a direct comparison to people at sea level but you aren't adding an unreal number to it.

I am really glad you are happy with your car. It makes good power.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twstdevo
tobz is the only one that truely understands the concept of tuning

lol

Last edited by rdwngs44; Aug 13, 2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job on the build and numbers! Always nice to see a EVO in this state making some good power and numbers.

Car pulls forever!!! Next time you're in ABQ, let me know.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rdwngs44
lol
look who crawled out from under a rock, havnt seen you on the other forum in a while....lol

Last edited by TwStDeVo; Aug 13, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 2.3+6262 at a Mile high!!!