Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2.3+6262 at a Mile high!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ErikB
Great job on the build and numbers! Always nice to see a EVO in this state making some good power and numbers.

Car pulls forever!!! Next time you're in ABQ, let me know.

thanks, im hoping someone sets up an end of summer meet, if not then im definitely interested in meeting some new mexico evo owners.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jasnm21
I am sorry, there is Carz, which I don't know him but he seems arrogant, Jack's transmission and a couple others. I live in Abq and NO ONE knows anything about building a car. So everyone in ABQ is ALL BAD, I don't know of one car locally that has done anything. And i made the statement because there aren't many people that post results from the other ones. I know Tobz has some decent track times from the cars he tunes, where are the rest of the time slips from those guys? I forgot who built the epic evo or what ever that was called but that was done in Springs IIRC.

Sorry for pissing you guys off.
Nice to meet you too, obviously someone keeps feeding you bad information.
#1 EpicEvo was built & tuned by me.
#2 EpicEvo sold his Evo to rodent, he decided to add a few more mods including a new cnc ported stage 5 head which was all built by Carz.
#3 All of the Evo's that have made 10second passes in COLORADO were all built at Carz Performace. (EpicEvo10.2, Quinnie10.8, evoRStroy10.9, rodent10.6 & myself 10.05) Those are the people who can and have produced timeslips.

Next time your in Denver you should make an effort to stop by the shop, it's worth the time.

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
Tobz is the only one that truely understands the concept of tuning, its more than just making power. everyone that has come to him after being tuned by one of these other guys has left with a huge smile on their face and they could not believe the difference. its more than a few guys that say he is the best, believe me, ive seen all of the threads on the other forum.

geez...give the guy a break. the results and posts from happy customers are what makes tobz known for what he does.

ever think that people say this probably because they have been tuned by these other guys and were not happy until they were tuned by tobz? its nice to see that your tuned by him and from the results it seems like you have a very solid tune. dont take what i say in the wrong way, im just saying that all this talk comes from happy customers not some "cult" that was created for tobz.
Wow, someone sure has pulled the wool over your eyes. I wonder who that could be?

Keep up the good work Tobs, these dyno charts are creating some entertaining threads.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

I am sorry, there is Carz, which I don't know him but he seems arrogant, Jack's transmission and a couple others. I live in Abq and NO ONE knows anything about building a car. So everyone in ABQ is ALL BAD, I don't know of one car locally that has done anything. And i made the statement because there aren't many people that post results from the other ones. I know Tobz has some decent track times from the cars he tunes, where are the rest of the time slips from those guys? I forgot who built the epic evo or what ever that was called but that was done in Springs IIRC.

Sorry for pissing you guys off.
There are several good tuners / builders here....

Carz (Lucas) is currently the holder of the quickest / fastest Evo in Colorado ( 10.1 + or - I think). Which honestly is great and unless your going to challenge those times then arrogant probably isn't the right word... (Meant in the nicest way) this is all something we share in common and love to do.. if all these shops weren't competing then Colorado would be boring IE: Where you live.

Epic Evo = Carz Built.... It had a motor and tune in it from Lucas when it was going 10.5 a few years back when owned my Mark when we all raced together. Including when I was sponsored / tuned through Carz and was putting out great numbers on a standard 35r.

I don't think your pissing people off, I am just tired of people fueling the tuner / best shop fire... it does nothing but cause crap in a community that should share the common interest like it used to!

Competition should always exist without a doubt but it's the bold statements some make that start the BS.

To the OP enjoy the car, I am sure its fun... I love my 6262.... it pulls like crazy and spool is down right impressive!!!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoDude55
#2 EpicEvo sold his Evo to rodent, he decided to add a few more mods including a new cnc ported stage 5 head which was all built by Carz.
#3 All of the Evo's that have made 10second passes in COLORADO were all built at Carz Performace. (EpicEvo10.2, Quinnie10.8, evoRStroy10.9, rodent10.6 & myself 10.05) Those are the people who can and have produced timeslips.

Next time your in Denver you should make an effort to stop by the shop, it's worth the time.

Wow, someone sure has pulled the wool over your eyes. I wonder who that could be?

Keep up the good work Tobs, these dyno charts are creating some entertaining threads.
I lived there for a little while but didn't have time to do much. You were on my to do list for awhile but never got around to it. Maybe it had a jacks transmissions in it, or where he lived. I thought it was built by someone in Springs. Sorry about the arrogant part but every time I see you post you are defending yourself, kinda like this one but it was my bad by posting what I did.

You people in Denver are LUCKY to have 3+ good tuner, one reason I wish I was still there.

PS if you post corrected numbers I will pull the BS flag also I am an equal opportunist

JohnEB

The competition here is a LOT faster than there. We have MANY 9 second cars that are street driven but none of the Evos can stay running. We have 400-600hp Slowbaros EVERYWHERE. The OP needs to bring his beast to Abq and show them what a great car the Evo is lol.

Last edited by jasnm21; Aug 13, 2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

I lived there for a little while but didn't have time to do much. You were on my to do list for awhile but never got around to it. Maybe it had a jacks transmissions in it, or where he lived. I thought it was built by someone in Springs. Sorry about the arrogant part but every time I see you post you are defending yourself, kinda like this one but it was my bad by posting what I did.

You people in Denver are LUCKY to have 3+ good tuner, one reason I wish I was still there.

PS if you post corrected numbers I will pull the BS flag also I am an equal opportunist

JohnEB

The competition here is a LOT faster than there. We have MANY 9 second cars that are street driven but none of the Evos can stay running. We have 400-600hp Slowbaros EVERYWHERE. The OP needs to bring his beast to Abq and show them what a great car the Evo is lol.
Once again a bold statement....

I appreciate the honesty but the way I see it is if any of the 9 second "street driven" cars there can drive here under their own power without a trailer then clean house and drive back there then that's a true street driven car.

I know just about every single 10 second evo here could do just that then drive back in time for dinner . I'm sure there might be some stiff competition.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnEB
Once again a bold statement....

I appreciate the honesty but the way I see it is if any of the 9 second "street driven" cars there can drive here under their own power without a trailer then clean house and drive back there then that's a true street driven car.

I know just about every single 10 second evo here could do just that then drive back in time for dinner . I'm sure there might be some stiff competition.
We have something called KOTS coming up and many of our street cars, 9 and 10 second cars, drive to Texas once a year under their own power and back

Sorry for the OT, back on topic. I hate CF hahaha

Awesome build either way
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:24 PM
Former Sponsor

PS if you post corrected numbers I will pull the BS flag also I am an equal opportunist.
I don't require my customers to post up dyno charts after I tune their car hence the reason you never see them. I personally don't post dyno charts either. Why? Dyno charts are just to be used as a measurement of how much power you gained from your recent modifications or tune, you should use the same dyno everytime if you don't want to get confused. Thats why you should choose a shop who knows how to properly operate their dyno and keep it calibrated correctly. A dyno is used as a safe enviorment to tune these cars unlike the street. Lastly my dyno has a high CF as well but it gathers data entirely different than any other dyno on the market.

Yes, it seems as if I am always defending myself, it seems that people who breathe thin air tend to get their panties in a bunch when someone else is faster than them.

Case closed - sorry for the OT Mr twistedevo
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

man that spool is nice..

Wonder how much a .63 would hurt power output
Old Aug 14, 2010, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

With the recent spot light on tobz cf game, what did it put out uncorrected?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoDude55

WRONG!

WHTEVO ran 10.9 with a tobz tune.

Stop gloating and bragging about your shop being the only one to make people go 10's. Drag racing isn't everything to people...

Its funny, the only time I see you post on here it to brag about your shop, tell people to go to your shop, defends yourself(i wonder why), blast other people or shops, and usually never be of any help to anyone.

Last edited by project_skyline; Aug 16, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
WRONG!

Stop gloating and bragging about your shop being the only one to make people go 10's. Drag racing isn't everything to people...
I don't think the issue lies in no other car going 10's it lies in the problem with dyno numbers.

with a MD 622 graph DB went 9's.. and before you cry about altitude if it made it on the dyno at that altitude then it should be FASTER than 622 at sea level because of less drag.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dp

Last edited by project_skyline; Aug 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: double post
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:00 PM

very nice congrats on the numbers!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

WRONG!

And your one to speak about dyno numbers.

That was on a 2.3 GT37R w/100 shot of NAS. What was the CF, 1.5?

Its funny, the only time I see you post on here it to brag about your shop, tell people to goto carz, defends yourself even when not warranted, blast other people or shops, and usually never be of any help to anyone.

there's a reason not to post our numbers on evom, 1. we make less power and gives newbies a false representation of our setups compared to the power it should make. (unless we use CF, but then they are so high, noone will believe the numbers) 2. the dyno is a tool, cant really go beyond that, there are different dynos and many different states with different climates, it's too hard to compare.
We can post our numbers on CEVOC because we are close to each other and can get a rough estimate of what setups can make, but even in CO dynos are so different and CF change everytime you jump on the dyno.

If you have a CF dyno run, do NOT post that here, post your uncorrected numbers and let it be known we are at 5000 ft and we dont make as much power, all the guys on here will recognize that and not bash you. When you post inflated numbers that are unrealistic it will be known and youre gonna get flamed.

Every CO guy on here that posted their dyno numbers hasn't stated in the original post what the correction factor was and what gear the pulls were done in, those are very key in how you got the numbers you did. Stop doing that and you wont get flamed.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

WRONG!
Drag racing isn't everything to people...
@ project skyline - Locally here in CO, that is the market with exception of literally a handfull of people.

On another note, I find it funny how all the shops around town, have no problems with each other....whether here or on the CO EVO board with exception for Tobz customers. You never find other shop customers claiming that their chosen shop is the best, or that others suck.

However I do find threads where Tobz customers claim he is the best, and I have even seen a thread claimiing other tuners/shops suck.

Here is a prime example of something way off topic and unwarranted:
"MAC Auto Sports Moved Discussion
bwahah.. Tobz is the ONLY way to go when it comes to your Evo. Sorry, but its the truth! wouldn't recommend anyone else but him. "

This post was about Mac's location moving.....nothing more.

In the end, if the customer is happy with the work/tune and fully understands what kind of risks he is taking with detail depending on the build/tune, then so be it. Whether it's from Tobz, Carz, Mac, StreetConcepts, TSPG, etc.

Last edited by slo4g63; Aug 16, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply: 2.3+6262 at a Mile high!!!