Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2.3+6262 at a Mile high!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand why we cant just talk about how we like our cars with the current setup/tune with out bashing others and claiming who is best. Really it drives us apart as a community i think that all 3 tuners that have been mentioned in this thread are great tuners and have had some awesome cars come out of their shop doors. A little friendly compitition is one thing but it has been getting taken a little too far recently imo
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm a fan of all the shops CO, exciting new builds, momentum growing in CO! Agreed we should post non-CF numbers on Evom as the CF ones bring out a whole different crowd

I'm hoping to influence a positive attitude about what we have here in CO.......options!

Beyond just options, good people that own some of the cleanest, fastest Evo's (@ elevation)

Nothing wrong with choosing a side, but in doing so respect should not go flying out the window! Words like "only," "best," are button pushing words because they imply that there is no other option or a lesser option. The reality??? Tobz, Carz, SC, etc. have put out some great work this should be congratulated not bashed!

Completely off topic!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slo4g63
@ project skyline - Locally here in CO, that is the market with exception of literally a handfull of people.

On another note, I find it funny how all the shops around town, have no problems with each other....whether here or on the CO EVO board with exception for Tobz customers. You never find other shop customers claiming that their chosen shop is the best, or that others suck.

However I do find threads where Tobz customers claim he is the best, and I have even seen a thread claimiing other tuners/shops suck.

Here is a prime example of something way off topic and unwarranted:
"MAC Auto Sports Moved Discussion
bwahah.. Tobz is the ONLY way to go when it comes to your Evo. Sorry, but its the truth! wouldn't recommend anyone else but him. "

This post was about Mac's location moving.....nothing more.

In the end, if the customer is happy with the work/tune and fully understands what kind of risks he is taking with detail depending on the build/tune, then so be it. Whether it's from Tobz, Carz, Mac, StreetConcepts, TSPG, etc.
There are reasons people don't like certain shops but it usually just gets swept under the rug and ignored.

Yes some people post bogus reasons or none at all against other shops which should just be deleted. The above you mentioned is a prime example, it has no basis except for the guy claims to know something funny about them.

For the record I don't even have a tobz tune nor has he ever tuned my car. We are simply friends and he has helped me with some problems I have come upon.
And while I say that I work on my own car and tune my own car. I don't think tobz is the best tuner/shop either, nor did I ever say that.

But I have personal experience with Mac, carz, street concepts, and revolutions so I don't go posting about things based on other peoples words only my own experience.
Lately most the **** stirring hasn't even come from tobz customers it was from other people who like to play internet gangster.

Last edited by project_skyline; Aug 16, 2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with you for the most part, the part where i said "on another note" wasn't directed at you.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slo4g63
@ project skyline - Locally here in CO, that is the market with exception of literally a handfull of people.

On another note, I find it funny how all the shops around town, have no problems with each other....whether here or on the CO EVO board with exception for Tobz customers. You never find other shop customers claiming that their chosen shop is the best, or that others suck.

However I do find threads where Tobz customers claim he is the best, and I have even seen a thread claimiing other tuners/shops suck.

Here is a prime example of something way off topic and unwarranted:
"MAC Auto Sports Moved Discussion
bwahah.. Tobz is the ONLY way to go when it comes to your Evo. Sorry, but its the truth! wouldn't recommend anyone else but him. "

This post was about Mac's location moving.....nothing more.

In the end, if the customer is happy with the work/tune and fully understands what kind of risks he is taking with detail depending on the build/tune, then so be it. Whether it's from Tobz, Carz, Mac, StreetConcepts, TSPG, etc.
there is nothing wrong with saying someone is the "best", its all personal opinion. No one died and made the person who said it God. The real problem is that some adults get their panties in a bunch when they see things like that. If your proud of the parts on your car, the power its making, or the tune it has, then you should be able to express "YOUR" opinion and others should have enough knowledge and respect to understand that thats how "YOU" feel. Its when you separate one group from another when problems rise. "Tobz Customers" are not some type of head hunters trying to take people out, instead its a group of satisfied customers that are proud of their car/tune. I think the problem that other shops/people are having is that since early this year, there have been numerous people that posted on the forum about their experience. This traffic obviously didnt sit right with certain people and then the drama began. One thing I want to make clear is the fact the Tobz himself has never claimed/acted to be the best, so out of respect, leave his name out of these arguments and address the person who you have a problem with directly. everyone knows that we are all enthusiasts of the same hobby and we should set our differences aside and get along as a community, but obviously, this is far easier said than done.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Edited - nevermind.

Last edited by slo4g63; Aug 17, 2010 at 08:13 AM.