Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Mellon Tuning * Doug*Evo 9 * 93octane @ 27psi-435awhp/434tq

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010 | 11:53 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
let's see, I've put on my own evo the following injectors because my goals kept changing:
stock
next is 2150cc

so, while they are overkill for doug now, they are the first and last set he'll need to buy and they work great on pump or e85 anywhere from 240awhp to 800+ awhp
Old Sep 4, 2010 | 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Joemflsxe
Great numbers, BUT am I missing something here? Stock turbo @25 psi : 408awhp/394tq? That seems really high for those mods/fuel/boost.
It's called fantasy. I've been away from EvoM for a while, but I see the ridiculously high claims people are making about power levels is still an every day occurrence.

This is one of the reasons I stopped coming here... between TTP and Melon, people are expecting such unrealistic gains and they don't want to be told it's just not possible.

Maybe I should just publish some dyno software that calculates a bone stock, untuned Evo IX to put out 400whp. I bet I'd get a lot of customers that way, so long as they're not the type that care about actual real-world performance.
Old Sep 4, 2010 | 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by recompile
It's called fantasy. I've been away from EvoM for a while, but I see the ridiculously high claims people are making about power levels is still an every day occurrence.

This is one of the reasons I stopped coming here... between TTP and Melon, people are expecting such unrealistic gains and they don't want to be told it's just not possible.

Maybe I should just publish some dyno software that calculates a bone stock, untuned Evo IX to put out 400whp. I bet I'd get a lot of customers that way, so long as they're not the type that care about actual real-world performance.
I agree, if I had to use this software dyno crap to get business, then I believe I would just start selling ebay manifolds to everyone for Shearer prices.
Old Sep 4, 2010 | 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kasey
I agree, if I had to use this software dyno crap to get business, then I believe I would just start selling ebay manifolds to everyone for Shearer prices.
ummm mellons car (which speaks for its self) gets customers as well as there knowledge , and service. its up to the driver if they wanna run around and use the numbers as a measurement of what they make. A DYNO IS A MEANS TO MEASURE POWER FOR COMPARISON SAKE. he is not comparing it with another car, he's comparing the 16g vs the fp green on similar boost! simple ,keep the crap away from threads man nothing nice to say dont say ANY thing at all. go sell some cheap manifolds.

mellon good job cant wait to see the e85 results!
Old Sep 4, 2010 | 10:14 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by recompile

what unrealistic gain recompile? he picked up about 30hp going from a 9 turbo to a old school green?
Old Sep 4, 2010 | 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hediki12
ummm mellons car (which speaks for its self) gets customers as well as there knowledge , and service. its up to the driver if they wanna run around and use the numbers as a measurement of what they make. A DYNO IS A MEANS TO MEASURE POWER FOR COMPARISON SAKE. he is not comparing it with another car, he's comparing the 16g vs the fp green on similar boost! simple ,keep the crap away from threads man nothing nice to say dont say ANY thing at all. go sell some cheap manifolds.

mellon good job cant wait to see the e85 results!
So your trying to say that these numbers are legit and not TTPed?
Old Sep 4, 2010 | 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not agueing pm me if u want to not here