Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Mitsubishi Evolution 09 (2006) Mustang Dyno Results and Pictures.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mitsubishi Evolution 09 (2006) Mustang Dyno Results and Pictures.

Hello everybody.

Im mohammed, and iv just gotten my evo around 8 months ago from a mature guy back home in dubai, the car was in very good condition as it was taken care of alot. since i bought the car i had changed my clutch from a single plate to a double plate clutch. i had changed all the brake pads and the brake disc's as they were completely gone. i serviced the car fully, and gave it a engine oil clean.

After that i installed the HKS reloaded intake system, the HKS EVC and the HKS turbo timer, i installed the AMS turbo back system, and Defi gauges, and a boomba oil catcher. i also added a in dash system by poineer, and a custom made electronic system mounting mold which is placed above the ash tray.

i dynoed the car in the end with a mustang dyno and my stock turbo engine, with very minor mods that i believe isnt much at all, but maybe a start up kit.

I am going to add abit of pictures of it in the garage and it being dynoed, and the dyno sheet itself. if anyone here knows about engines, and dyno sheets of the mustang please reply and tell me if for a stock car, my car is doing great, or is it nearlly as powerfull as any stock car.

if anyone has any power higher than me with the stock engine and the stock intercooler pipings and machanism except the intake system, please show me your dyno sheet, and explain to me how many more horsepower your making.

please this only goes out to people who use pump gas and not race gas. 93+ octane or higher to 98 octane.

:h elpme::hel pme::helpm e:

Thank you. Please leave a post about anything you think about the car also and ratings on what u think about my mustange dyno sheet. i would like to get to know people of the evolution 09 world, and share idea's and knowledge.

This is a link of the dyno test on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLN04JTIIDs
Attached Thumbnails Mitsubishi Evolution 09 (2006) Mustang Dyno Results and Pictures.-mohammad-aljanahi-evo-9-001.jpg   Mitsubishi Evolution 09 (2006) Mustang Dyno Results and Pictures.-img_0025_1024.jpg   Mitsubishi Evolution 09 (2006) Mustang Dyno Results and Pictures.-img_0054_1024.jpg  

Last edited by RedLineSpeed; Sep 4, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
329whp for a mostly stock car is good. I have a similarly modded 03 EVO 8 and I VDR in the 360-370whp range. On a mustang dyno I wouldnt dyno any more than 330whp either and I run e85. I have stock everything from the MAF to the o2 housing. I do have a dirty BR air filter and an HKS exhaust. I still have stock 9.8 hotside on the turbo. I added bigger injectors and a walboro 255HP so I could tune for e85. I have run 12.400@112.7 at 3420 race weight.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by batty200
329whp for a mostly stock car is good. I have a similarly modded 03 EVO 8 and I VDR in the 360-370whp range. On a mustang dyno I wouldnt dyno any more than 330whp either and I run e85. I have stock everything from the MAF to the o2 housing. I do have a dirty BR air filter and an HKS exhaust. I still have stock 9.8 hotside on the turbo. I added bigger injectors and a walboro 255HP so I could tune for e85. I have run 12.400@112.7 at 3420 race weight.
thank you for the reply.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dyno chart looks terrible. Not sure what the smoothing it at but it doesn't look healthy.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:37 PM

does anyone else have any idea. on how to tweak it so it could handle more power, or what other in-expensive mods i can tune it with that would increase the power ?

im thinking of making this car a complete AMS system. and install the AMS GT42R Turbo. Im wondering what are going to be the core eliments in maintaining the turbo, without having mechanical problems. what other products will i have to buy in order for the GT42R turbo to run properly ?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Dyno chart looks terrible. Not sure what the smoothing it at but it doesn't look healthy.

could you please elaborate, what part of the dyno numeric digits doesnt look healthy or why does the car look unhealthy, and what exsactly is smoothing ?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:43 PM

looking at ur chart u need a tune to smooth everything out.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Looking at the chart this is a before and after. Was Any tuning done or were the parts just bolted on and redynoed?

The latter curves look horrendous though compared to the first ones so it makes me believe that parts were just bolted on and boost was upped to 27psi. This is not the way to go

Don't know if there needs to be smoothing done in the Mustang SW or not but the first HP and TQ curves def look a lot smoother.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Diddy69Art
how much boost are you running with the evc?
Max KPa 187.0 = 27psi
Old Sep 5, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice numbers all that from simple bolt-on's and a tune.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by alexso15
looking at ur chart u need a tune to smooth everything out.
you see you everyone is saying things about smoothing it out, could you please elaborate on what smooth is ? like are you talking about the bold lines or the dotted lines, because that shows what the car was on before, and the bold lines show the new tune that was put in place.

now by smoothing do you mean that the lines have to be straight in upclimb and decline. like a hill for example, versus a mountain while goes upclimb with no smooth track. is this what you are pointing out ?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by impact blue
nice numbers all that from simple bolt-on's and a tune.
thanks man mostly appreicated.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Max KPa 187.0 = 27psi
I have programmed it to be on 26 max boost. it might throttle up abit with pressure and go to 27 psi but that only from 3rd gear to 4rth gear. that i have seen the gauge hit 27 psi
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Looking at the chart this is a before and after. Was Any tuning done or were the parts just bolted on and redynoed?

The latter curves look horrendous though compared to the first ones so it makes me believe that parts were just bolted on and boost was upped to 27psi. This is not the way to go

Don't know if there needs to be smoothing done in the Mustang SW or not but the first HP and TQ curves def look a lot smoother.
yes this is a before and after dyno chart. the whole turbo back system had to be fabricated as it was hitting the chasse everywhere, also it had to be fabricated for the E.T.G line and boost pressure line. everything else was bolt on.

i had the car tuned and computerized chipped before it was dynoed. the latter curves or the dotted curves show what the past owner of my evo had his tune on. which TQ curves look alot smoother do you mean the dotted lines or the bold lines ?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Diddy69Art
how much boost are you running with the evc?

if the car is untuned, i think the numbers are pretty high for a mustang dyno (us standard). Normally guys in us with same mods as u see around 280whp on a mustang dyno.

Compared to a European evo with same mods it would be at the right range from what i have seen here in switzerland...

do you have a OBII cable and evoscan? then you can make a log an post it, someone uf us can easy make a comparision to with VDR to see where you are.

Cheers,
Diddy
im running 26 PSI boost on my EVC the car is tuned, and yes that why. i believe that my evo is one of the rare mivec engines that were made with good quality and standard. everyone at the tuning house were amazing that my stock evo could be pushing those numbers !

"do you have a OBII cable and evoscan? then you can make a log an post it, someone uf us can easy make a comparision to with VDR to see where you are."

could you please talk as if i do not know anything about cars. because what you just qouted didnt make sense to me.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Evolution 09 (2006) Mustang Dyno Results and Pictures.