Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BBK Full tuned at Ivey

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBK Full tuned at Ivey

There's a bit of a lengthy review here, so if you're just interested in seeing the dyno sheet, scroll down, but if you want to know if this turbo is right for you, and these parts work well together, and that CBRD and Ivey are two of the best in the business, keep reading.

After tons and tons of research on how I wanted to set up my car, I pulled the trigger on, in my opinion, the perfect street setup.

This turbo spools nearly the same as the stock IX turbo and the transient response is exceptional. I autocross often and in talking with Chad @ CBRD, he was confident the BBK Full would get the job done. Torque hits hard, respool between shifts is almost non-existent, and the power holds steady to 8000rpm. The car is a complete animal on the street, and power-on oversteer is definitely smile-inducing in 2nd gear.

I'm extremely happy with the results and I know there's some more in the current configuration for sure--I could definitely turn it up to 27psi on the stock head studs, but I'd prefer not to push my luck, because it's my daily. I will add a few more bits and pieces in the future, hopefully Sheps soon-to-be-available 6 speed rebuild, an Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Ported stock Intake Mani and a 65mm TB, along with some head studs.

At the same boost, the new set up gained 51whp and 15 lb-ft of torque. The area under the curve is where it counts though, and this new powerband is addictive. And about the curve.. Compared to the original stock turbo dyno, I've gained 80whp and 50 lb-ft at redline. Pretty amazing how this thing holds.

There's really something to be said about the level of service at CBRD. Chad runs a perfect business. From the shop to the parts, to the customer service and general enthusiasm he has about his company and the monsters he creates, it's simply the best all-around shop I've ever been to.

And Sean Ivey... His confidence in tuning makes the experience worth every penny. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't just shoot for max power, but covers everything in between. The car drives like stock and is absolutely problem-free.

The dyno was done at 25psi and 93 octane with the following parts:

CBRD BBK Full ported
GSC S1 cams
Precision 1000cc Injectors
MAP Ported/Coated stock manifold
MAP o2 Housing
DC Sports catless downpipe
Greddy Evo2 Exhaust
Hallman Pro
ETS 3.5" FMIC and Upper IC Pipe
Muse LICP
APS Twin-Vent
Perrin Intake

Last edited by berns; Sep 26, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:10 AM

Looking good man. I knew nothing of the full until a couple months ago. Peoples testimonies, results and customer service reviews really got me pumped up too. That new B is on the horizon and it looks deadly. Great numbers on pump man. Look out for hemis<<< try to be nice
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
thanks so much,

we appreciate your support!

sean is a great tuner!!!

cb
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoLeoIX
Looking good man. I knew nothing of the full until a couple months ago. Peoples testimonies, results and customer service reviews really got me pumped up too. That new B is on the horizon and it looks deadly. Great numbers on pump man. Look out for hemis<<< try to be nice
Haven't found something that can keep up yet. It's insane from a roll, I don't even need to brake-boost. The BBK-B definitely looks promising. When I build the motor next summer/winter, I'll go with a 2.3 liter and a BBK-B with some more aggressive cams.

And Chad.. Thank you.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice...now head to the track and lets see what kinda times you can run with that power...Nice job on the tune Sean...
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by 06mrevo
very nice...now head to the track and lets see what kinda times you can run with that power...nice job on the tune sean...
++++++1 here
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Very impressive. I have a similar setup only crap 91 octane available to me, i assume I would lose about 25 HP in comparison to your numbers. I am very excited to talk to chad to see weather the full or b is right for me. Excellent work, dealing with top notch guys, chad and sean. Do you have any regrets you didnt go for more peak HP or is that fat powerband worth the top end sacrifice?!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
great power for 93 and 25psi.. those are good numbers for his dyno. notice the 1.01 cf.. his dyno always has low cf, so that 401 is no joke.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Great results man...ur numbers are right where they should be for Iveytune DJ. I remember a bbk full on his dyno made 380whp w/ stock IX cams a few months ago, so ur car is definetly running as it should. Also, when the bbk first came out, cbrd was big on running garret core ICs (buschur and now cbrd's IC). they did a few back to back dyno tests and and bbks were consistently making about 15whp more (before raising boost at all) on garret cores over non-garret. And i believe the ets 3.5" was one of the test subjects. So if ur looking for a bit more power to push u a little farther past the 400whp mark, w/o raising boost anymore, check those out...although its hard to justify buying an $800 IC for 15hp more...esp when the ets works just fine...i run one too!! anyway, the setup looks great, congrats
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
....when the bbk first came out, cbrd was big on running garret core ICs (buschur and now cbrd's IC). they did a few back to back dyno tests and and bbks were consistently making about 15whp more (before raising boost at all) on garret cores over non-garret.....
Do you have a link?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolutinIX
Very impressive. I have a similar setup only crap 91 octane available to me, i assume I would lose about 25 HP in comparison to your numbers. I am very excited to talk to chad to see weather the full or b is right for me. Excellent work, dealing with top notch guys, chad and sean. Do you have any regrets you didnt go for more peak HP or is that fat powerband worth the top end sacrifice?!
I mean, that's really the debate no matter what, when considering the parts you put on your car. My goals and expectations have been met and exceeded. I have tons of low-end and the power doesn't taper up top, so I can't ask for a better, more efficient setup.

I have absolutely no regrets on my parts list.. My original goal for this car as a whole was to create a very fast and capable street car that'd find itself at home on a road course, strip or parking lot, and I've definitely succeeded. I've owned a few cars, most of which had big turbos and big problems, so I chose to utilize only the best parts/shops/tuners, and it's paid off. Like I said, there's a bit more I can do for some extra power, but I am completely content. The car will stay as-is until next winter, at which point I'll probably build a 2.3 and go with the BBK-B.

Chad is truly an invaluable source of information, direction and general advise, and that's something that really adds value to the CBRD experience. And yes, Sean is a master tuner.

As for 1/4 mile times, I'd be interested to see as well, but the stock clutch can't hold up to the 6200rpm 2-step and my 4th gear grinds, so that kills a fast shift. The next step as of now is figuring out what I want to do with the tranny, whether it be a stock or built 5 speed or waiting on Shep to finish the 6 speed, and then I'll need a clutch that won't break my leg in bumper-to-bumper traffic, so don't recommend an Exedy twin disc because it's definitely not for me.

Thanks for the good words guys!

Last edited by berns; Sep 26, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

nice #'s
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:26 PM

nice numbers!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

this is one of the routes i am thinking of going for next year. should be fun!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
Do you have a link?
Here's one anyway...+27hp w/ a retune and raising boost only 0.4 psi

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-bbk-ftw.html