Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

540hp FP Black Stock Motor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That some fine work Mr Turbo
Old Oct 20, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PeteyTurbo@KHC
I was not aware of the danger will robinson robot unfortunately, good one..

I will be as friendly as possible and answer your questions as it looks like you may not know as much about data plots and how to spot graphs that read artificially high..

1. Is that a question or statement?
2. No, thanks for the compliment.
2.5 No, but thanks for your input.
3. I test ethanol content in the lab where I work, I am guessing you don't know how E85 mixtures with gasoline change during the course of the year..

If anyone else has concerns of of these numbers please feel free to ask. I am VERY familliar with many different types of mustang dynos as well as the various software versions and I know how to actually spot artificially high numbers on a graph, and this is not one of them. Lets just leave it at that and carry on like grown ups..Anyone that knows anything about how dynos work will also be able to see this. I welcome any vendor in here to debate the graph in regards to the numbers being spat out by this dyno, I am NOT one of those people..
Hi Petey, thaks for responding.

So I've never seen data from your shop before and the numbers you appear to be alarming. Hence the robot comment which you obviously underatand.

I'm trying to rank your dyno on the scale in my head and again I said it "did not compute" LOLz

The only cars here making this kinda of power are built motor cars running really high boost 40+ and they are getting those numbers on Dynojet dynos.

I was going to post exapmples but though that would detract from your thread too much.

Are there any comparison threads where cars have been on your dyno and someone elses?

As for knowning E85 Yes I know E85 fine I've been on it over year. Here in Cali (land of sunshie) though we don't have the winter stuff so never mnd my comment about that, slipped my mind as all ops:

I'll pm you for more info
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodood
Hi Petey, thaks for responding.

So I've never seen data from your shop before and the numbers you appear to be alarming. Hence the robot comment which you obviously underatand.

I'm trying to rank your dyno on the scale in my head and again I said it "did not compute" LOLz

The only cars here making this kinda of power are built motor cars running really high boost 40+ and they are getting those numbers on Dynojet dynos.

I was going to post exapmples but though that would detract from your thread too much.

Are there any comparison threads where cars have been on your dyno and someone elses?

As for knowning E85 Yes I know E85 fine I've been on it over year. Here in Cali (land of sunshie) though we don't have the winter stuff so never mnd my comment about that, slipped my mind as all ops:

I'll pm you for more info
Keep in mind the 40psi cars are typically controlled by a MBC which tapers down to probably around the same boost at 7500 as this example. Have you looked at the boost plot? I am not trying to toot my own horn here but I have never seen a boost plot like this posted on this forum. I was surprised with the numbers as well.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Good Job Pete I guess I'm going to have to build my motor with the HTA 86 and bring the car down to you and have you tune it.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I admit it...

I'm scared of running boost so high no e85 over here just **** gas.
All these threads with these power numbers on the stock block/head make me envious, hmmhmmm i must resist the urge.....

btw, congratulations on those numbers, must be a blast to drive!!!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thought I would share our 3rd gear 38psi pull when we first dyno'd the FP-Black turbo. It has tremendous capabilities. Later boost tests at 40+ showed similar results. Peak boost at 38.2 and dropping only to 34.73 by 8500. 5900 to 8500 with boost variance of 37.4 to 38.2 to 34.73psi.

Old Oct 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Looking good!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 03:18 PM

Im thinking of doing a black and S2s, hope it goes this well for me.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I like the method, I would do similar if trying to keep a stock block in one piece on a large turbo.

I never got the mentality of turning the boost way up then using lower timing to keep the stock block in one piece. That is just a waste and that high boost will just add more heat to everything in the process, along with the low timing cooking everything.

Personally, I'd rather just use boost to regulate torque and run at optimum AFR and timing for that boost level.

I also think this is a great way to setup something where you want a flat torque curve to make the car more predictable, like in road racing.

The only caveat to this is that with the constant climbing HP curve, it naturally makes the driver want to hold the gear for longer and higher into the RPM range, which can be just as detrimental to the stock motor. This method takes some disciple on setting reasonable rev limits and not letting the top end HP get the best of you by setting too aggressive rev limiters.

You can also take this one step further with boost by gear, allowing you to limit torque at the wheels to basically match the type of traction circle you'll see at that speed in each gear.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Oct 23, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodood
I'm glad these comments were directed at you.

Please let the man respond for himself.
noob
Old Oct 23, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteyTurbo@KHC
I am not trying to toot my own horn here but I have never seen a boost plot like this posted on this forum. I was surprised with the numbers as well.
Aaron and I have both discussed using a boost curve like this on here a few times. I an going to do this with my car whenever I get my 6262R on. I didnt want to use a bolt on turbo since I was unsure that the internal gate would be able to do a boost cirve like that. I just recently traded my greddy profec for and AVC-R to do the rpm based boost control. I also want to try ecu boost and acheive the same thing but until then I chose to go with the AVC-R. I am glad to see the approach works as well as I thought it would! Congrats!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Great results!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:25 PM

that is a lot of power on stock block.

Nice work tho.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Can't wait to see what this runs, good luck