Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Bunch of stock turbos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the detail post.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I figured since you mentioned being asked to post these in the other thread it was "the reason" even if it wasn't YOUR reason! Haha. I'm freaking glad you posted them and am glad to see them.

Have you ever looked at you parasitic multiplier for 2wd and 4wd in your dyno? The graph that calculates loss vs. Mph in the drivetrain? I'm asking because it's odd you power doesn't typically go up in 4th. I would say on our dyno decent gains from 3rd to 4th are typical rather than rare.

Today on an EVOX at 315 whp in third a switch to fourth put the car at 335 whp.

In third on our dyno Dans car makes maybe 375-380, if I had to guess.
Unless he is performing coastdown checks with a motoring dyno I would think it is at the default of 1. It looks like he is also using an older version of the powerdyne software which makes the graphs look different then some of the other versions. IMHO It's pretty awesome that dyno stayed within close HP numbers (8hp?)..If they are going up drastically on your dyno mabye lower the pm if it is not already set to 1.0. I have our (performance) dyno setup using 1.0 PM, but I did my own on road testing to get more accurate ABC co. for the loading curve the software uses as well as HP@50 which I found to come out to 15.4 from my data which is very close to mustang suggested. However my ABC co. for the loading curve is different the the EPA standard for passenger cars. So basically the shop dyno is a rolling road
In the testing facility I work at full time our PM changes from month to month as there are a number of tests needed to be performed and passed to be able to be verifiable for data submitted to epa, carb., ect. We have a 50hp electric motor that can spin the dyno just for this reason on one of our mustang chassis dynos..This one spits out accurate numbers, however I have no problem with the low numbers at the shop either, we just do a routine service every 45 days and it stays consistant.

Thats a killer stock turbo lineup BTW.. I really miss mine to be honest..The comparison to the dynapak was awesome haha.

BTW IF you guys would like to produce your own loading curve specific to the evo I can send you some spreadsheets and info how to do it if you'd like..You can even make the calculations from frontal area, weight, and rolling resistance..

Last edited by PeteyTurbo@KHC; Nov 9, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:20 PM

Amazing info, thanks for the time and sheets and everything
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice charts man, thanks! Good place to come see where others might stack up.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:20 PM

I really appreciate all the graphs...doing a lot of research lately and these came in very handy indeed. Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

great charts....all research appreciated...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

GST, I noticed you put bigger injectors on all of the VIII's and VI's. I haven't really heard many people doing this on stock turbos. Unless, it was because of the E85. But it is good to know. How much HP and TQ are you getting from cams. I have an VIII, Works tune, Intake, TBE catless and was thinking a GST custom tune would be better. I have no idea what kind of power my car is putting down?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
Account Disabled

good info!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good information

whats the most power you've seen stock motor/ix turbo and bolt ons with 93?