Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he did, but tranny is done. He did a 10.1 @140 on his first pass though.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Chris already has his car fixed. he is searching to replace the bad S374 bullseye turbo for a real S400sx turbo so he wont have problems with the center section breaking. i believe he still plans to race in georgia next weekend. And we are still talking about putting slicks on the 5857 car but since it is still setup for track events we may just wait....who knows teh 130mph trap speed sure has us thinking we should do it again soon
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
I'm really curious what would be good at 40 psi??? open scroll T3 turbo @ that boost less than 5000rpm's.. hmmm.. anyway, just thought I would post that we went 11.99 trap 129.4mph on street tires full weight... 1.96 60ft and 96.9mph @ 1/8th. spinning tires in 1st and 2nd. Couldn't get it to hook up. Next time we'll actually prep it instead of rushing to get to the movies.. hahaha.. Overall I thought it did pretty well. I am getting more comfortable with the car and it's power band all the time. Very excited for next years road races.
That is some great powerCongrats, I would like to know what ecu did you use for this car and what other turbo would you compare the 5857 like between a 30r and 35r thanks and enjoy the car

MiTech
Old Nov 8, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tumtum411
That is some great powerCongrats, I would like to know what ecu did you use for this car and what other turbo would you compare the 5857 like between a 30r and 35r thanks and enjoy the car

MiTech
Appreciate it. It feels better than any 30r I've been in. Power is more solid across the band. On pump it feels aight, but E85 makes it something else. A 35r is something else altogether. You can't really compare the two. I'm sure if I went with a smaller turbine housing and a few other part changes, this thing would spool a little faster. Regardless, I am enjoying it on the street. Its a handful if you don't watch it... equals fun.. haha.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
really happy for ya Mike, u came long ways to get this thing toegther, and now its DONE! its vir time, isnt it....make sure ot swing by raleigh b4 u head north
Old Nov 8, 2010, 08:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
And that is exactly it. Come on man. If you really wanted to know what this turbo does, can do, or whatever, then this is the place to do it. To simply point out the same statement over and over again, does nothing. Your opinion has been noted, multiple times I might add, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. You ever come here, I'll be happy to give you a ride and then you can tell me how much this turbo blows and how my setup sux. Doubt it, but you have my word, I'll drive you in two different setups at 500+whp and show the difference... As Justin has already noted. It's not the best thing ever, but then again, how do we know. No one has put this turbo to the full test. I am prepared to do that.
I never said your setup sucks or blows...I commented on your car twice that the setup looks nice and car sounds great don;t get my words twisted..As far as going for a ride in a 500 + evo been there done that had that so you don;t have to tell me what it feels like..Thanks.. I appreciate the offer.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

LOL!!! ok buddy, you got em.... The secret is out.. Now go play, it's time for the adults to drink their beverages. Thank you.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

I wish I had the time to drink adult beverages! Atleast you didn't go faster in the 1/8th then the 1/4 like the last time I saw Justin go down the track, haha.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor

hahahahaahaha yup that was funny.... cant believe that thing didnt blow up
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:02 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
keep on topic guys!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Does the boost fall off up top at all?
I'm guessing this car is setup for road course and thats why you stayed with a smaller turbo for tq reasons.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

The boost fell off a bit. Maybe around 4-5psi. At lower boost (~35psi) it didn't drop off as much and I found the TQ tended to stay up more as well. And you are absolutely right, I purchased the kit specifically to run road course type races. I'll drop a little more boost at that time and make up for it in timing, HOPEFULLY. If not, then we'll just have to mess with it some more to give it the most reliable amount of power throughout. I'm not completely sold on this turbo, but it's growing on me. The power band works well for those looking to play on the street or on long sweeping curves. I honestly need to get it on a track to know how it'll react in awkward conditions.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

I was going to say thats a lot of boost it seems for the numbers. and was thinking a 35r would make the hp number but fall short on the tq at lower boost. well hopefully its works out on the track.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats mike
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XcreatonX
I was going to say thats a lot of boost it seems for the numbers. and was thinking a 35r would make the hp number but fall short on the tq at lower boost. well hopefully its works out on the track.
And the boost was nothing more than to see the max of the turbo, not to boast about whatever numbers someone thought would come out of this thing. Its still a small T3 turbo. It wasn't meant to make oodles of power up top, its a consistent powerband throughout, descent torque, without as much lag, and reliable. The 35r and FP Black for that matter, are quite a bit larger, and without the TS setup wouldn't spool as fast as this, regardless of boost. I think that's where people got confused, it wasn't about lets post ANOTHER 500+ car, but rather how it was done and with what. This thing is definitely not for everyone. It was rated at 500-550hp. I think that's the limits. It took more than I thought needed to do that, but someone had to be the guinea pig, and this pig is pretty happy with it.

Quick Reply: My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.