Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 8 HKS GTII 7460r, GSC S2, FIC 1450cc, E85

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scumbee
just for the record how much more power can this bad boy make?
well others have seen high 4xx's at the wheels, RT'Ernie made 488whp.

we have mine tuned quite conservatively, my timing is lower than we had it on my stock 9 turbo e85 tune .

The turbo is capable of over 500 with the right setup.

after putting on my COP ignition and turning up the boost to 31-32psi im sure im close to 460whp right now.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:48 AM

wow , i am suprised at how over rated the Dynojet is...i made 345awhp on mustang dyno and ran 11.6@120.8 ..then i made 383awhp on same dyno and ran 11.4@124.609mph ,,1/8th mile my mph was 96.38..so 4 mph more with 60 less awhp
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsm6382
wow , i am suprised at how over rated the Dynojet is...i made 345awhp on mustang dyno and ran 11.6@120.8 ..then i made 383awhp on same dyno and ran 11.4@124.609mph ,,1/8th mile my mph was 96.38..so 4 mph more with 60 less awhp

You could argue the same and say how underrated the mustang dyno is...

Its just a number the numbers that count are trap speeds.

is your car a full weight street car?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

great numbers man...love the setup
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ramonski
great numbers man...love the setup
Thanks man, The car is going in the 23rd of next month to have my 2.0 built.

Wiseco HD 10.5:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
Full ACL bearings
L19 Headstuds
MAP valve springs

the car will as always be on e85, were gonna crank the boost up to around 35psi and see what she makes in this horrendous AZ summer heat Once she is done it will be around 103 degrees outside during dyno time which is an outdoor dyno.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like this thing is gonna be even more beastly once the built motor goes in.

Good luck

Originally Posted by -Evo Aaron-
Thanks man, The car is going in the 23rd of next month to have my 2.0 built.

Wiseco HD 10.5:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
Full ACL bearings
L19 Headstuds
MAP valve springs

the car will as always be on e85, were gonna crank the boost up to around 35psi and see what she makes in this horrendous AZ summer heat Once she is done it will be around 103 degrees outside during dyno time which is an outdoor dyno.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

It will definitely be a torque monster. Im hoping to make around 530/530 that would be awesome but the super high temps here in AZ will be fighting against me for sure.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

It will definitely be a torque monster. Im hoping to make around 530/530 that would be awesome but the super high temps here in AZ will be fighting against me for sure.
Thought about a stroker setup?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Thought about a stroker setup?
Not for this turbo its too small. it spools fast enough on the 2.0 and has instant response. it makes my friends evo with a BBK full feel like an unresponsive lag monster lol.

I've had my eyes set on doing a built 2.4 FP Black build for the last year and a half. But for right now i want to build my 2.0 and see what it does with the HKS turbo that way i wont have to worry about snapping a rod since the car is my DD. Maybe in the future when i do the 2.4 setup i might use the new Borg Warner EFR 7064 or 7670 depending on the results that will come out shortly.

Im all for strokers and the 2.4's I just think it would be way overkill on for my HKS 7460r
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

I like your thinking... keep it updated man. Want to see how it does on the built 2.0. Max that thing out

Not for this turbo its too small. it spools fast enough on the 2.0 and has instant response. it makes my friends evo with a BBK full feel like an unresponsive lag monster lol.

I've had my eyes set on doing a built 2.4 FP Black build for the last year and a half. But for right now i want to build my 2.0 and see what it does with the HKS turbo that way i wont have to worry about snapping a rod since the car is my DD. Maybe in the future when i do the 2.4 setup i might use the new Borg Warner EFR 7064 or 7670 depending on the results that will come out shortly.

Im all for strokers and the 2.4's I just think it would be way overkill on for my HKS 7460r
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Will do. Im going to a dyno day on saturday and im contemplating put it on to see if i got any gains from the COP, although theres like a 40 degree difference in temp.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Will do. Im going to a dyno day on saturday and im contemplating put it on to see if i got any gains from the COP, although theres like a 40 degree difference in temp.
Go for it man. Im sure you would see some gains out of it. At least being able to run more boost and such. The heat would play a part though.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks man, The car is going in the 23rd of next month to have my 2.0 built. the car will as always be on e85, were gonna crank the boost up to around 35psi and see what she makes in this horrendous AZ summer heat
It is good to see a well built Arizona EVO doing great things on evoM. Is the engine going to be built at Wingz? And Phoeng did the tuning, right? Can you send me a PM about the customer service there or you can post it here if you feel comfortable?

Not for this turbo its too small. it spools fast enough on the 2.0 and has instant response. Im all for strokers and the 2.4's I just think it would be way overkill on for my HKS 7460r
This was my train of thought as well as I was looking to get the MAP 2.1L engine.

Will do. Im going to a dyno day on saturday.
Maybe I can swing by the shop, assuming that you are getting the tune done at Wingz. I have a basketball tournament in Mesa this weekend and I am making the drive up from Sierra Vista. It would be good to meet you in person so that we can talk "cars".
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Always nice to hear from a local, thanks for the support. Yes the Motor will be built by WingzPerformance and Phuong will do the tuning. He has been doing all the tuning on my car since i bought it over 2 and a half years ago as I have changed setups multiple times. His customer service is literally second to none, I mean taking parts off his own car to help customers kinda good. He is a great guy who really knows his stuff and his results speak for themselves. He has the largest amount of evo's tuned on e85 in AZ by far. I would strongly recommend that you go to him for whatever your car needs, Customer service and pricing are the best around.

Onto the update, Summertime has complicated my plans for the motor build. I pushed the date back to late July but now I am thinking its not going to happen this summer. I just recently had to buy tires and along with many other unexpected expenses the main one being I am buying a house, just too good of a deal to pass up. So with all the craziness my extra funds are all going towards this new home and summer fun. The motor build can wait i guess lol Ill keep you guys posted but It looks like it may be late fall early winter until i can recoop the money for the build since it all just went into a small downpayment on this darn house .
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

I wont be available this weekend at all I work every day. from 3-11pm

Another update, I went out and had some fun in the car about a week ago on an airstrip just in the back taxi ways where they let us and gave the car a good beating. Ive been running 30-31psi on e85 for 2 years now and my ARP headstuds finally stretched and the head is lifting slightly under boost and and I now have a small HG issue, so the car has been parked for the last week or so. I will be having a new HG and my ARP L19 headstuds (for my build) put in here soon so I can get back to boosting

Quick Reply: Evo 8 HKS GTII 7460r, GSC S2, FIC 1450cc, E85