Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

AMS Performance- FP Black, Speed Density E85-Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by juanmedina
Amazing, what other power mods do you have? what clutch

Besides, other bolton's not much else.
I have the new Quartermaster Design Twin Disk.

congrats
Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
NICE! what do you have for intake/exhaust manis? ported stockers? ported head? i LOVE the powerband.. looks like this will be a solid mid -low 140s car
I do have the Rev 3 MAP intake manifold and boomba throttle body. I am still using the Stock Exhaust manifold with a slight port. The head is not ported just a valve and spring job.

I will point out that my Exhaust manifold, 02 housing and Hotside of the FP Black is Heat Coated by Loko.

Originally Posted by Broham
thank you for not making your car look tacky but keeping it crisp and clean. You're going to love that curve man. more pics!!
Thanks bro.. Will post more pics once I get the car back. Glad you love the custom Car Computer.. Will make switching maps back and forth a breeze.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Outstanding! In case I missed it, what unit do you have there in place of the radio?, that looks pretty clean...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Outstanding! In case I missed it, what unit do you have there in place of the radio?, that looks pretty clean...
It's actually a computer screen. It's a funny but long story.. But I am the originator of the Orbital Double Din kit. The guy who sold them, essentially copied my idea of using the original parts and creating a mold. His original Orbital kit revolved around using a Galant or other DSM Heating Control.

However he did what I could not, which is find a company to mass produce them. So what you are looking at is a one of kind Self Made Kit. It's entirely flush and custom molded to fit the button and lights of the computer screen I have in there. And I have it hooked up to my CarPuter, which I use to Tune, view gauges, and browse the internet.

The interface you see is called Centrafuse which if you look on mp3car.com you'll find the software for it there. Windows XP is running in the background. Centrafuse just makes it much more car friendly to use a touch screen. Hope this helps.

P.S. I'm a computer technician for a living so this made it easy for me to do.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Very Nice!! outstanding power I hope mine turns out this good when I get all the bugs worked out of it! I see you race at the shootout so maybe I'll get a chance to see the car in person this year.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
I do have the Rev 3 MAP intake manifold and boomba throttle body. I am still using the Stock Exhaust manifold with a slight port. The head is not ported just a valve and spring job.

I will point out that my Exhaust manifold, 02 housing and Hotside of the FP Black is Heat Coated by Loko.

thanks for clearing that up.. once again, AWESOME power
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
very nice.. ya thats what the fp black will do with parts that work together. the sd is probably responsible for 20-25whp of that power.

and people say the fp black is nothing because its stock frame? this car will rip up half the cars on the street with the spoolup and topend it has.

dont you guys have a mustang and a dynojet Mitch? you should have ran it on the dynojet just to see what it made.

thats all but 700whp dynojet

nice looking car also.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor

The head is not ported just a valve and spring job

damn.. you have even more power left to be made with head porting and will shift your torque to the left a bit also..

you should be super happy with that tune.. its dead on. you wont really gain nothing from e70 to e85 btw.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

The dyno jet isnt in yet. The room is built but we are waiting for it to get a little nicer outside to install it.

On our Dynojet it should be around 660-670 and on higher reading dynojets it should be about 700whp. Thats pretty good numbers.

Mitch M
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Very Nice!! outstanding power I hope mine turns out this good when I get all the bugs worked out of it! I see you race at the shootout so maybe I'll get a chance to see the car in person this year.
I haven't missed a DSM/Evo Shootout since I found out about it which has been a few years now. I recommend any Evo owner to attend this one of a kind event. I am really glad David Buschur organizes this event as it is the highlight of my summer.

Also as you may have noticed, I started a mini-T-shirt Business from the passion that I have for this car. You will definitely see me there.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
damn.. you have even more power left to be made with head porting and will shift your torque to the left a bit also..

you should be super happy with that tune.. its dead on. you wont really gain nothing from e70 to e85 btw.
That I wasn't aware of, I'm honestly confused why that wouldn't be the case so if you care to explain I am all ears. I plan on keeping the stock turbo frame thing for a while.. Until I get bored and go big.. but for now.. I'm very very happy with this tune and work.

So many people have put their hands on this car to the way it is now.. There isn't one shop that made this happen. But I do want to thank Mitch on his excellent tuning skills.. I'm curious to see what this car makes on Pump gas. I know what it made on the RED/w Methanol Injection (Stock Block) a year ago, and I'd like to see if he can top that on regular pump gas with this new built motor.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

That I wasn't aware of, I'm honestly confused why that wouldn't be the case so if you care to explain I am all ears. I plan on keeping the stock turbo frame thing for a while.. Until I get bored and go big.. but for now.. I'm very very happy with this tune and work.

So many people have put their hands on this car to the way it is now.. There isn't one shop that made this happen. But I do want to thank Mitch on his excellent tuning skills.. I'm curious to see what this car makes on Pump gas. I know what it made on the RED/w Methanol Injection (Stock Block) a year ago, and I'd like to see if he can top that on regular pump gas with this new built motor.
what are you asking me about the e70 vs e85? if so its because e70 is already enough knock resistant to be the same as race fuel. e85 will lean your afr alittle thats about it. not really sure how low of ethanol content it takes to no longer be able to reach mbt. be nice to know though.

ive had the fp black since a week after it was released and it doesn't really get boring imo.. im easier to please then others tho.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
The dyno jet isnt in yet. The room is built but we are waiting for it to get a little nicer outside to install it.

On our Dynojet it should be around 660-670 and on higher reading dynojets it should be about 700whp. Thats pretty good numbers.

Mitch M
really this is only 660-670 dynojet max? i was going by 13% difference for your mustang based off other ones.. or was i just calculating to high?

i thought all dynojets read the same? does it have something to do with the age of the dyno and how new the moving parts are etc? or is this more to do with the mustang dyno you guys use?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Probably in Dynojet SAE correction is 660-670. STD corrected #'s will be higher and Uncorrected, depending on weather, could be higher yet. Most of the Dynojet graphs you see (saw) from AMS are usually in SAE correction.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great numbers, I see 140 traps in your future. Depending on weight, you should be cutting some great times w/ traction.

Btw, I recently tested some local E85 and it was still around 80% ethanol. Not sure where you fill up, but it might not be a bad idea to get a cheap ethanol tester to know what you're running.

Boltz,
This has to be on SD 1.0 as 2.0 is still in beta working the bugz out
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:21 PM

AMS rocks

nice numbers. When I was tuned at AMS they said it was about a 8% difference from mustang to the dyno jet, if I'm not mistaking.

Quick Reply: AMS Performance- FP Black, Speed Density E85-Mustang Dyno