Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

AMS Performance- FP Black, Speed Density E85-Mustang Dyno

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rebel
nice numbers. When I was tuned at AMS they said it was about a 8% difference from mustang to the dyno jet, if I'm not mistaking.
ok that makes more sense. thanks for sharing that info
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
WOW!

Thats some power for a e85 2.0L on a stock cylinder head & ecu!!

GREAT BUILD!!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very impressive #'s...congrats
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
really good numbers!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Nice numbers, that'll be a fun ride! I can't wait till I get some AMS mods
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Very bad *** Mitch. 540 tq is alot of boost (40)
Also, if you hit "force identical scale" in graph veiwer, the boost will also follow the scaling for hp/tq
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
what are you asking me about the e70 vs e85? if so its because e70 is already enough knock resistant to be the same as race fuel. e85 will lean your afr alittle thats about it. not really sure how low of ethanol content it takes to no longer be able to reach mbt. be nice to know though.

ive had the fp black since a week after it was released and it doesn't really get boring imo.. im easier to please then others tho.
Yes, that's exactly what my question was.. I was wondering how could E70 produce the same HP as E-85 considering they are at different levels. In either case.. 612whp is plenty of fun and I simply look forward to enjoying the car.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Great numbers, I see 140 traps in your future. Depending on weight, you should be cutting some great times w/ traction.

Btw, I recently tested some local E85 and it was still around 80% ethanol. Not sure where you fill up, but it might not be a bad idea to get a cheap ethanol tester to know what you're running.

Boltz,
This has to be on SD 1.0 as 2.0 is still in beta working the bugz out
Great Idea, I'll look around for a good Ethanol Tester.. If you know of a good brand or type let me know.

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
WOW!

Thats some power for a e85 2.0L on a stock cylinder head & ecu!!

GREAT BUILD!!
I truly believe it's the little things that make all the difference. I'm fortunate to have plenty of friends for resources and years of experience. Putting parts together without taking shortcuts is the key. Nothing on this car is Cheap Ebay parts or cut corners. I didn't built the head because i was told that for my goal I would have plenty of air flow. It's obvious by these numbers my sources where correct. I am also still on the stock ignition coils for the same reason. I just made sure I built the parts that mattered.

Originally Posted by raasfaas
very impressive #'s...congrats
Originally Posted by forc3 f3d
really good numbers!
Thanks guys.. I'll definitely see you all if you go to the DSM/Evo shootout. I know it's a silly goal but I've always wanted to have a 10 Second car.. I know I should easily achieve that goal with this car.

Let's hope my Driver Mod complies
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats Gil. I know you have been working on this for a while. Looks like its gonna pay off big time! Cant wait to see it when I come back to Chicago.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:33 PM

I am really glad to see the car finally tuned. Thanks to mitch and the guys from ams for making it happen. Gill you better bring some extra underwear when you drive this thing cause your going to need it. That is a very good power and torque numbers. this thing is going to be a beast. theres alot more room for improvement and i think you can push that a little more. Little weight savings will also help you gain some mph with the car and keep some of the drivetrain parts a little happy. And am glad i was able to help. Now baby step when you drive it this, it will take some time getting used to. but hey am always available if you need a driver. and thanks for the shout out.

And also we would like to thank Terry from Class One engines for building the short block on this car and the head rebuilt.

Steve
Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just curious, but has anyone made more horsepower than this car with an untouched, stock FB Black on a Mustang dyno? That's a lot of power on a Mustang dyno.

If not, it should be declared a new FP Black WORLD RECORD!

Great job, fellas!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Good Morning,

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I am really happy with the car and I am sure Gill will be too. It is going to be a handful for sure.

As for the world record, I have no idea if it is or isn't a record. The true test will be how fast it goes down the drag strip, the overall number is just a good indicator of how fast.

Thanks Guys.

Mitch M
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
Great Idea, I'll look around for a good Ethanol Tester.. If you know of a good brand or type let me know.
Here you go: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QFT-36-E85/?rtype=10
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
Good Morning,

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I am really happy with the car and I am sure Gill will be too. It is going to be a handful for sure.

As for the world record, I have no idea if it is or isn't a record. The true test will be how fast it goes down the drag strip, the overall number is just a good indicator of how fast.

Thanks Guys.

Mitch M
Well, has anyone made more horsepower than that on a Mustang Dyno with an FP Black?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by way2qik
Well, has anyone made more horsepower than that on a Mustang Dyno with an FP Black?
People in Denver that drive around with their Mustang CF on their back probably can Be hard pressed to find another one making power like this!

Quick Reply: AMS Performance- FP Black, Speed Density E85-Mustang Dyno