Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BBK Full on Stock Block and Head

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBK Full on Stock Block and Head

Just want to share the results of my Evo IX Build. Basically, the whole concept came about while I was deployed last year in the Middle East and I had extra money earned and time to waste so I went ahead and got all these goodies for my evo. BBK Full with ported hotside, Invidia O2 housing ported, exhaust manifold ported, FIC 1050 CC, Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump, Agency power DP and Catback, Milspec Cat and TB shaft seals, HKS DLII, Synapse mini DV, ETS LICP, ARP Headstuds, and FFTEC Boost solenoid assy and dyno tuning by Sean @ FFTEC. This car made 343 whp and 305 ft-lbs TQ on 91 Oct. Overall I'm very happy with the result and can't wait for my E-85 final tune after I go through 5 tanks full of it on an E-85 base map. If you're in Norcal and thinking about getting stuff done to your car, FFTEC is the shop to go to with all the professional and courteous service.

Old Apr 3, 2011, 09:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Looking good man!

How's it feel?

Old Apr 3, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

What was your boost at? Did you upgrade cams?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cams and Intercooler with hard pipping and you would see those #'s close to 400 I would think. Is this on the stock clutch?? If so how many miles? Great set up though I bet it's a blast to drive.

Bryan
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

If you dont have cams you should definitely install them, along with a ported intake mani if you have the cash, 400AWHP or at high 380's to low 390's is very possible, that would be 430-450ish dynojet power
BBK FULL'S are great because they can make the same hp on 91 oct that IX turbo's do on E85 or meth juice, without hardly loosing any spool.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 07:07 AM

BBk is performing well nice numbers
Old Apr 4, 2011, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bryanf
Cams and Intercooler with hard pipping and you would see those #'s close to 400 I would think. Is this on the stock clutch?? If so how many miles? Great set up though I bet it's a blast to drive.

Bryan
Originally Posted by ct9asilver
If you dont have cams you should definitely install them, along with a ported intake mani if you have the cash, 400AWHP or at high 380's to low 390's is very possible, that would be 430-450ish dynojet power
BBK FULL'S are great because they can make the same hp on 91 oct that IX turbo's do on E85 or meth juice, without hardly loosing any spool.
E85 is going to give him by far the largest gain here , Dont forget small cams on an EVO9 are only worth 5-10 HP on a good day on setups like this one. Same thing with the ported intake manifold .

To the OP i love your simple and effective MOD list keep up the good work and build it the way you want.
Really good power on 91 hope to see the E85 with the same mod list soon!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Getsideways- I agree with the E85 being the best for more power, but wouldn't you think with this set up a Intercooler would be needed because of the stocker being to small? Also with the stock 9 cams they are already a aggressive cam stock but if you bumped up to GSC S2 or Cosworth 280 it would give a nice gain to that power set up throughout the power band.

Bryan
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Going speed density and GSC S2 cams I gained 48whp on the BBK running pump gas.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Car's making good power. Must be fun to drive. E85 is the way to go if its available.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:25 AM

thanks for the kind words fellas. Car actually performs well. As far as boost, I kind of forgot if it was 24 or 25 psi and yes it's on stock MIVEC cams. The only hard piping I got was the ETS LICP. I wanted to keep it stock looking as possible and the only reason why I went with an open filter was because Sean @ FFTEC told me that the stock airbox was giving a little of restriction and knows that the car can gain more. E-85 will be the way to go for power and that's why I upped the Inj and pump size.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bryanf
Getsideways- I agree with the E85 being the best for more power, but wouldn't you think with this set up a Intercooler would be needed because of the stocker being to small? Also with the stock 9 cams they are already a aggressive cam stock but if you bumped up to GSC S2 or Cosworth 280 it would give a nice gain to that power set up throughout the power band.

Bryan
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Going speed density and GSC S2 cams I gained 48whp on the BBK running pump gas.
^ Your results are abnormal in a good way But very very rare .

Most intercoolers gain little to nothing until they get hot , i tested my stocker on the street before i put in a nisei and now have an 4'' ETS .Made more power after the stocker was heat soaked.
Depends on what this guy is using the car for i road race and thus deal with heat soak a LOT , this sounds like its a very well built street car that sees autox sometimes which an intercooler actually hurts you , more weight , more lag.
Once again please post your results with E85 when you get them hopefully with an overlay , i love seeing the difference across the board.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
not bad. i hit 310awhp on a dynodynamics with similar mods on 91 octane and 25psi.

stock block, head and cams.

what kind of dyno was this on? graph?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:18 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice numbers! I can't wait to see what it does on e85 on the stock cams, please update us when the time comes!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Nice numbers. Be sure to visit the 916 thread in the regional forum. A group of us are working to get a weekly/monthly meet going.

Quick Reply: BBK Full on Stock Block and Head