Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP HTA Green, CBRD Intercooler, Magnus V5, S90 70mm tbody, Pump Gas and more!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by James Reese
Not enough preload on the actuator. That is SOOOOO laggy... I think you may need to get the car inspected/looked at.

James
Runs were done in 3rd gear, as stated 3 times in this thread already. It is "laggy" because of the lack of load in this gear on the 6 spd, boost comes on way earlier on the street especially in taller gears. We were running the car in 3rd to save the clutch.

Please read the entire thread before you enlighten us.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
honestly man not bad numbers at all...still room to grow and you were only on pump gas need to take the skirt off and go e85 or a race gas tune...but honestly #'s for a mustang dyno are actually pretty good, and to top it off since your stock block, kept your torque low which is good, cuz i hear those hta greens hit hard down low, and thats what pops somethin in the bottom end...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowboyNRS
Runs were done in 3rd gear, as stated 3 times in this thread already. It is "laggy" because of the lack of load in this gear on the 6 spd, boost comes on way earlier on the street especially in taller gears. We were running the car in 3rd to save the clutch.

Please read the entire thread before you enlighten us.
i just tuned a fp red on a 6 speed in 3rd gear and it gets peak boost by 4300rpm on a dynojet. that is no excuse for laggy spoolup. just retune his car properly and stop giving excuses.

not to mention this is a evo 8.. if it was mivec id have it spooling even sooner.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Apr 20, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by tscompusa
i just tuned a fp red on a 6 speed in 3rd gear and it gets peak boost by 4000rpm on a dynojet. that is no excuse for laggy spoolup. just retune his car properly and stop giving excuses.

not to mention this is a evo 8.. if it was mivec id have it spooling even sooner.

We will post logs on the street shortly, then put the car back on the dyno and run it in a taller gear.

Two different cars, two different dynos, two different setups...

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by SlowboyNRS; Apr 20, 2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SlowboyNRS
We will post logs on the street shortly, then put the car back on the dyno and run it in a taller gear.

Two different cars, two different dynos, two different setups...

This isan't my first rodeo, cowboy.
ok lets see it from 2500rpm hit on the street with virtual dyno in 3rd gear.. that car should be seeing full boost by around 3500rpm even in 3rd gear.

there is no need for a taller gear.. i just showed you what a fp red does on a evo 8 in 3rd gear on a 6 speed on a dynojet 424xLC2 load bearing dyno with eddy currents .. if it was mivec it would be even quicker spooling.

im not here to argue, im just saying the cars to laggy for its turbo.. the fp green hta is a quick spooling turbo when its tuned right.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tscompusa
ok lets see it from 2500rpm hit on the street with virtual dyno in 3rd gear.. that car should be seeing full boost by around 3500rpm even in 3rd gear.

there is no need for a taller gear.. i just showed you what a fp red does on a evo 8 in 3rd gear on a 6 speed on a dynojet 424xLC2 load bearing dyno with eddy currents .. if it was mivec it would be even quicker spooling.

im not here to argue, im just saying the cars to laggy for its turbo.. the fp green hta is a quick spooling turbo when its tuned right.
Will post street log shortly.

Were you applying load with the dynojet or just in inertial mode? Depending on the load applied it will skew the readings, as far as where it comes onto boost, as it applies alot of load, same as a Dynapack. You can make a 1st gear pull last 20 seconds if you want. I also use a 424xLC2 and with load off 3rd gear is a fairly quick pull on a 6 speed car.

The car runs great on the street, comes on to boost early, right inline with all the other green cars I've tuned.

Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

the pulls took 6-7 seconds. so i guess it was setup standard. ive seen spoolup gains on a mustang and when i put the car on the street it showed losses, so dont get me wrong.. ive seen inaccurate data before on the dyno as well. the virtual dyno will give you your true spool on the street where it counts the most.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

As soon as the weather cooperates I will do the street pull in 3rd and post graphs from VD. I'll even post logs of previous set-up so we can see before and after. All my logs are done from the same location.

As much as I appreciate the feedback good and bad you guys need to give me a chance to get some real data. I personally believe the car is doing what it will do...if it is something with the car, I will take care of it and if it's something with the tune Nate will address it but I don't believe either is the case. Check back and we will see.