Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 8 Buschur Stage 2 298awhp

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 Buschur Stage 2 298awhp

Hi All,
Let me first start out with a little history. Got the car last August and didn't know too much about what was done on the car, other than looking at it to determine what mods. Saying that, it had a lot of Buschur Racing parts and from what I can gather it appears to have most of the stuff in stage 1 and stage 2 .

BR EVO VIII AIR FILTER KIT
BR EVO VIII 3" DOWNPIPE
BR EVO VIII 3" Test Pipe
BR EVO VIII 3" CATBACK
MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER
AUTOMETER 30-0-30 BOOST GAUGE
BR EVO VIII MAF PIPE KIT
BR EVO VIII BATTERY KIT
BR EVO VIII UPPER I/C PIPE KIT
Forge BOV
Stock 8 turbo (from what I can tell)
I'd imagine a Walbro 255 fuel pump is in there

I do not know who previously tuned the car or what else was done. I do not have evoscan hooked up yet or my wbo2 installed. I haven't had time to download it and get it set up yet, I do have a tactrix cable. A place right by me (Late Model Throttle) just got an awd dynojet set up in there shop and had a special going on so I wanted to go in and just do 3 pulls.

Please provide me with some feedback overall. From what I can tell it looks like I have stock cams. I don't know what my timing was. I don't know what size injectors I have. Tailpipe sniffer was reading 13.1-13,4 a/f which is a little lean. Boost was 22psi, so I tried to turn the MBC down after the first run (since that's about all I could adjust) and it actually went up a little.

Overall I'm happy with it. 298awhp & 289ftlbs.

I'm thinking my goal is 350awhp. I have an 8.5 turbo housing, Buschur O2 housing, wbO2 waiting to go one, but I think I need to figure some more stuff out first.
Attached Thumbnails Evo 8 Buschur Stage 2 298awhp-dyno-chart.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 is waaaaay too lean at wot.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Did they remember to turn the A/F pump on? lol. 13's is pretty lean and should've knocked at 22psi. Might just be the dyno wideband, or they killed their o2 sensor already (we go through a lot of them and they read lean when they go bad). Definitely get that wideband on there to double check though. All in all, not too bad, similar mods put down around the same on an 8 on our Dynojet. Could probably be retuned to get a little more out of it though.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewbird91
Hi All,
Let me first start out with a little history. Got the car last August and didn't know too much about what was done on the car, other than looking at it to determine what mods. Saying that, it had a lot of Buschur Racing parts and from what I can gather it appears to have most of the stuff in stage 1 and stage 2 .

BR EVO VIII AIR FILTER KIT
BR EVO VIII 3" DOWNPIPE
BR EVO VIII 3" Test Pipe
BR EVO VIII 3" CATBACK
MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER
AUTOMETER 30-0-30 BOOST GAUGE
BR EVO VIII MAF PIPE KIT
BR EVO VIII BATTERY KIT
BR EVO VIII UPPER I/C PIPE KIT
Forge BOV
Stock 8 turbo (from what I can tell)
I'd imagine a Walbro 255 fuel pump is in there

I do not know who previously tuned the car or what else was done. I do not have evoscan hooked up yet or my wbo2 installed. I haven't had time to download it and get it set up yet, I do have a tactrix cable. A place right by me (Late Model Throttle) just got an awd dynojet set up in there shop and had a special going on so I wanted to go in and just do 3 pulls.

Please provide me with some feedback overall. From what I can tell it looks like I have stock cams. I don't know what my timing was. I don't know what size injectors I have. Tailpipe sniffer was reading 13.1-13,4 a/f which is a little lean. Boost was 22psi, so I tried to turn the MBC down after the first run (since that's about all I could adjust) and it actually went up a little.

Overall I'm happy with it. 298awhp & 289ftlbs.

I'm thinking my goal is 350awhp. I have an 8.5 turbo housing, Buschur O2 housing, wbO2 waiting to go one, but I think I need to figure some more stuff out first.
here is some feedback and hopefully it helps
-as stated that afr is really lean so i would take it easy on the car get evoscan and you w/b set up.
-do a boost leak test
-validate you have a walbro 255. the stock evo pump is not sufficient.
-get in contact with a tuner to begin helping you assess what is going on