Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evolution Dynamics Built - Acree's 2.4L/Black - 615hp/589ftlbs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPW was 13.8ms @8000rpm ~ 92%DC
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:32 PM

Geez, another monster build coming out of Evo Dynamics

Looks like fun Acree...
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
VDR will give 700, sure. put it on a mustang dyno and show us the results. you should be mid 9's with that much whp, i presume you have the slips to show it?
I was just using my car as an example that Ive been there with the maf, and his rom had critical cap limits still in place.. if you play with it again now i bet the issues gone. im just trying to help out. and i also have a sweet spot for maf still as well.. so i tend to defend it when its being underestimated. the maf is still a bad ****.. and will support more hp then the community thinks. but of course SD will make more power no doubt about it, which is why i spent the time learning it.

stock maf and ecu been down the track at 9.3 and lower at over 146mph! (by awd motorsports)
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Great! Hopefully your tuner can chime in and post your IDCs with the 1450s. Kinna stuck right now on what injectors to get. =p

-Jesse
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jessmanEVO
Great! Hopefully your tuner can chime in and post your IDCs with the 1450s. Kinna stuck right now on what injectors to get. =p

-Jesse
He just did above.. the tuners KevinD.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
He just did above.. the tuners KevinD.
Geez, you guys reply fast!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-Jesse
Considering the aftermarket community has been able to get these cars to operate perfectly up to 2150cc injectors, there's no reason not to go big. My daily drivability is AMAZING with these injectors and supply more fuel than I will ever need for my power goals.

-Acree
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tscompusa
I was just using my car as an example that Ive been there with the maf, and his rom had critical cap limits still in place.. if you play with it again now i bet the issues gone. im just trying to help out. and i also have a sweet spot for maf still as well.. so i tend to defend it when its being underestimated. the maf is still a bad ****.. and will support more hp then the community thinks. but of course SD will make more power no doubt about it, which is why i spent the time learning it.

stock maf and ecu been down the track at 9.3 and lower at over 146mph! (by awd motorsports)

AWDs cars are all SD tuned on stock ecu. i haven't seen any of their maf cars run a 9, heck i didn't even think they tuned MAF cars at all
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Acree
Considering the aftermarket community has been able to get these cars to operate perfectly up to 2150cc injectors, there's no reason not to go big. My daily drivability is AMAZING with these injectors and supply more fuel than I will ever need for my power goals.

-Acree
Thanks bud. I'm really torn between the 1450s or the high z 1680s. Almost double the cost, but not sure if I'll ever need that much. Considering your running @ 33psi with 92% IDC, just not sure if they'll be enough for my 35r at 35+ psi.

Sorry to thread jack you ().

Back on topic, that much WTQ must be a handful on the streets!

-Jesse
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great write up andrew! once we get the SD thing going, the numbers will definately be higher. hopefully the driveability issues don't drive you crazy though
I have those completely fixed in the evo 9 format.

Tip in lean was the only issue the evo 9 really had jitters are apparently not an issue on that rom reasons unknown really. I think I'm very close to solving the issue with the evo 8's although the fixes seem to be car specific.

Now that SD has the 3d mapping all tip in lean issues can easily be solved by curving the VE mix up as kPA rises in the manifold. I've estimated the changes in the rom modeling my curve after what i thought would happen as I do not own an evo anymore i just code for them.. heh.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks bud. I'm really torn between the 1450s or the high z 1680s. Almost double the cost, but not sure if I'll ever need that much. Considering your running @ 33psi with 92% IDC, just not sure if they'll be enough for my 35r at 35+ psi.

Sorry to thread jack you ().

Back on topic, that much WTQ must be a handful on the streets!

-Jesse
Considering thats 92% out of 120%, I would think they would suit my setup all the way to 38 psi or more. You might also look into 1550 or 1650s even. I have to push the FIC injectors because I love these things.

And that torque makes the car squirrely for sure. New wheels tires and suspension mods are definitely a requirement.

-Acree
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

Are you also running on a stock trans?

-Jesse
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Acree, I measure injector pulse width and calculate Idc manually. It's 92% out of 100. At 8000rpm two revolutions of the engine take 15ms. If you reach 15ms, the injectors will be static open. The one good thing is, your running very rich at 8000, so that will reduce the duty cycle at that boost level once it is leaned out.

Mr road spike, Can you do anything about the closed loop o2 sensor feedback gain with larger injectors with sd? Every car I've seen with large injectors the closed loop operation has way to much feedback gain. The afr will bounce back and forth over the stoic range, you can feel the cars hesitate when it swings lean. I've found it smoother to just run them in open loop.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mr road spike, Can you do anything about the closed loop o2 sensor feedback gain with larger injectors with sd? Every car I've seen with large injectors the closed loop operation has way to much feedback gain. The afr will bounce back and forth over the stoic range, you can feel the cars hesitate when it swings lean. I've found it smoother to just run them in open loop.
Sure that should be possible just have to go through the code that does that loop and figure it out. Its been quite a while since i looked through that segment.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:26 AM
Former Sponsor

AWDs cars are all SD tuned on stock ecu. i haven't seen any of their maf cars run a 9, heck i didn't even think they tuned MAF cars at all
they had a maf car run 9.3 @ 146 on fp black (719whp dynojet). and the answer to your question on the other page is boost curve.. control the boost curve and you will gain hp with tq. a 2.4 is much harder to maintain boost, i do understand that though.

thanks for all your hostility though after i helped your customer.

Quick Reply: Evolution Dynamics Built - Acree's 2.4L/Black - 615hp/589ftlbs