Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Insane Speed 2.2L on 6265....815awhp + 791awtq

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mt057
I would hope so. They have twice the cylinders

A trailer queen is still a trailer queen. It would blow my doors off in a straight line though.
trust me there are waaaaay more low 9 and 8 sec true "street cars" that are mustangs then are evos...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry folks stang gets wrecked in a loong race against reichen. 237 mph to the stangs face. Or better yet, bring shepherd so he can go 7.7 with his dsm. Otherwise we all lose
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

two words...John Force..lol..thats a "Mustang" LMAO!!! pwned...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

unnecessary for mentioning top fuel. 8000 hp, nitromethane come on man
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

this requires a double post. come on man
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gamebred26
trust me there are waaaaay more low 9 and 8 sec true "street cars" that are mustangs then are evos...

Maybe in your part of the country but in GA most really fast cars are in 9's that are still considered street cars. Everything else is a drag queen.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Jul 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:03 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
So that Stang vs. STM's 8 sec Evo? LOL. Fantasy drag racing. Gotta love it.
We are building a little something to try to run with those. I'll update when we have something to show.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Junior@Turbotrix
It would take a car like STM/AWD/BUSCHUR to run that thing on the street. Then it would be comparing a 4cyl race car vs a 8cyl race car as all those mentioned minus buschur have cages/chutes ect.
With that said, basically it would take one of the fastest cars on this board to possibly match, not beat that car on a bad pass.

Also not for nothing but that car looks 100% more "streetable" then the 4cyls cars that run 8.2s.

Comparing apples to oranges, but you cant discredit that stang or any like it one bit. They are just better platforms for going fast.
In a straight line....

And Bottom line that’s not a street car. At the tracks here when they have a street car shoot out, trailers, flatbeds..etc are not aloud. You drive the car there, you drive it home. You want to run race gas? Bring a jerry can!.....its to expensive for you??? THEN RUN PUMP.

Sadly the race between the cobra and evo doesn't sound like it was negotiated very well....Rich Christianson is out of a job, maybe he could have helped the situation.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
With a prepped street like that there is only a handfull of evos that will give that car a good run. It was a stupid race 650hp evo on all season tires for a dig race is FAIL by the way the car pulled off you could tell it wasn't that fast. This whole street car agrument is stupid. Everyone has their own opinion on what a street car is, to me that cobra can be streetable.

Last edited by s.e.a.n.; Jul 13, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
two words...John Force..lol..thats a "Mustang" LMAO!!! pwned...
Maybe they should trailer it out to mexico.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Considering that they have been around longer and have twice the displacement and cylinders I am not very suprised. A good friend of mine had a beautiful cobra. I like the cars, they are good at what they do no question. How many of them run rally or autox though?

The reason I like my evo is because it is good all around. A cobra is good in a straight line. It is up to the individual to decide goals, desire, budget.

That cobra was like bringing a gun to a knife fight. It simply was on a different level. Its like Bruce Lee fighting Wesley Snipes.

I cant wait to see what you guys at Insane Speed do next!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Broham
sorry folks stang gets wrecked in a loong race against reichen. 237 mph to the stangs face. Or better yet, bring shepherd so he can go 7.7 with his dsm. Otherwise we all lose
right or reichen gets left 25-30mph behind in the mile vs the mod motor ford GT in the mile, or Shep gets left in the 7s while stangs play in the 6s... on a drag radial.

I own them all, muscle, jdm and Italian.. Nothing compares to the feeling of a big *** big cc muscle car... well maybe a big single supra.

Jr
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
In a straight line....

And Bottom line that’s not a street car. At the tracks here when they have a street car shoot out, trailers, flatbeds..etc are not aloud. You drive the car there, you drive it home. You want to run race gas? Bring a jerry can!.....its to expensive for you??? THEN RUN PUMP.

Sadly the race between the cobra and evo doesn't sound like it was negotiated very well....Rich Christianson is out of a job, maybe he could have helped the situation.
Does that EVO pass inspection with no cats, no bumper beams?? Not a street car either then. Here on the eastcoast its run what ya brung.. Came on a flat bed? You better have something fast or shut up and go home.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Junior@Turbotrix
Does that EVO pass inspection with no cats, no bumper beams?? Not a street car either then. Here on the eastcoast its run what ya brung.. Came on a flat bed? You better have something fast or shut up and go home.
lol Junior..

all your doing is win in this thread

Since when does it take a 650awhp car 9 seconds to get thru 3rd lol

In all seriousness junior about racing in mexico. Domestics are the way to go no doubt.
But this did a lot of really fast tire packing domestics bad on the street around here before they started racing it at the track because no one would run for $ on the street anymore. They always ran 1/8th tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8Vz..._order&list=UL
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CammedEvo
lol Junior..

all your doing is win in this thread

Since when does it take a 650awhp car 9 seconds to get thru 3rd lol

In all seriousness junior about racing in mexico. Domestics are the way to go no doubt.
But this did a lot of really fast tire packing domestics bad on the street around here before they started racing it at the track because no one would run for $ on the street anymore. They always ran 1/8th tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8Vz..._order&list=UL
All I do is win

Quick Reply: Insane Speed 2.2L on 6265....815awhp + 791awtq