Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Insane Speed 2.2L on 6265....815awhp + 791awtq

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jezefink
Hey guys 1st congrats on the clean build. Please don’t take offence to all including myself that are skeptical about the numbers.

I ran the post and graph by my builder(Dogboxracing) to ask them there take. Considering they are one of if not the highest HP Evo’s built 170+traps on low boost( 40psi). I listen when they talk.

They believe the graph and numbers and said it is impressive. It can be done with moving cam timing/ overlap into left field. This can make a early peak numbers but they drop like rocks. Overall they are guessing the car will have a hard time breaking 160+ traps. Due to the power drop and small power band. It looks great on paper but not the best on the blacktop.

I am not trying to start a war but my interested are in cam design and valve timing as I am trying to get the most out of a street setup. Does this make any sense to you guys?
Ding Ding Ding!!!! You my friend is the first to post the truth on how the engine made prodigious torque numbers correctly! The cylinder pressures at that low rpm to make the torque it does makes for a small tuning window. Not many people would attempt that. The engine combo is designed around that torque peak. But you are correct in saying it may not be the best on the track. We shall see... Your buddies got some engine knowledge. Kudos to them.
mikey
Old May 10, 2011, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Damn even the crank on this car is BALLER:

New to our line of products are the Mitsubishi 4G63 crankshafts. Designed in house, we took concepts from our race proven V8 crankshafts and made a Mitsubishi crankshaft like none other on the market. Engineered for 12,000+ r.p.m. and made with similar geometry and material as our crankshafts that are rated for applications of over 2,000 hp, we are confident our 4G63 crankshafts will meet your needs and more. Available in 4 or 8 counterweight configurations, 6 or 7 bolt flange and a variety of strokes ranging from 88mm to 100mm. Weight fully balanced : 26 lbs. (difference between 4 and 8 counterweight is less than 1 lb.)
Old May 11, 2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d
so youre saying that the evo 8 is way more efficient than this evo 9 "race" built motor ect?!....
im glad im not the only one that thinks these guys are smoking some good ****.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Is this a complete replacement Billet Cylinder head or just a CNC port on a stock casting?
Old May 11, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Billett cylinder head? wtf? baller
Old May 11, 2011, 11:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by olmoscd
Damn even the crank on this car is BALLER:

We simply wanted the best components to start our Evo engine program. If we are going to put the company name on a product, it has to be the absolute pinnacle of quality. That said, we are Crower, Manley, Eagle, Callies, Cosworth, and Scat dealers also so the crank choices are endless.
Old May 11, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Is this a complete replacement Billet Cylinder head or just a CNC port on a stock casting?
bump for answer!
Old May 11, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crower and quality. I dunno I've never heard those two go in the same sentence a whole lot.
Old May 11, 2011, 04:55 PM

Lol yeah I have to say quality isn't the first thing I think of when I hear crower.
Old May 13, 2011, 10:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
bump for answer!
We use an OEM casting. We are trying VERY hard to keep all our vehicles to factory block and head cores. Obviously we could make nearly limitless power on a billet block and head, but we want to stick with OEM cores at this point.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Extreme Tuners in Greece does billet blocks and heads for the 4G63 along with ridiculous turbo's, clutches, connecting rods, etc.

You should get with them. I'm sure their technology and R&D could help you in your quest to create 1,000-1,200WHP true street Evo's. I can see a quad plate clutch, billet block, billet head, 120 lb/min turbo, beryllium alloy forged parts engine spinning to 12,500 RPM Evo could make 1,200 WHP while maintaining a street chassis.

It would cost an insane amount of money but you are, after all, Insane Speed.
Old May 13, 2011, 12:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by olmoscd
Extreme Tuners in Greece does billet blocks and heads for the 4G63 along with ridiculous turbo's, clutches, connecting rods, etc.

You should get with them. I'm sure their technology and R&D could help you in your quest to create 1,000-1,200WHP true street Evo's. I can see a quad plate clutch, billet block, billet head, 120 lb/min turbo, beryllium alloy forged parts engine spinning to 12,500 RPM Evo could make 1,200 WHP while maintaining a street chassis.

It would cost an insane amount of money but you are, after all, Insane Speed.

I have actually spoken with Bullet Blocks in Australia which is who the gentlemen you speak of use for blocks. We have also toyed with the idea of billet heads, but our quest isn't to make 2000hp, it is to make a relatively affordable, marketable package to other Evo owners who want to run an Insane Speed engine, and we already do have 1000+awhp street Evos out there performing reliably enough that one is even a daily driver! I don't see a huge market in the billet block and head market, and it doesn't do much good to spend company resources developing products we cannot sell. Very very cool, yes....practical from a business standpoint, unfortunately no.

As for the clutch, we are already in development of a triple carbon clutch that will hold well over 1000awtq.
Old May 15, 2011, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed

As for the aluminum rods that someone else asked about. We already street tested the rods for over 20,000 street miles on a different Evo without any adverse issues. Everything was completely in order of what was hoped for after opening up the engine, tearing it down, and measuring everything. After our own personal R&D and discussing the set up with GRP, we feel confident in the rods for street use.
there was some one else on the fourms who had been using alum rods for over 20k with no oil cooler i hope to see them end up in more peoples motors is there alot of block work that needs to be done to run them.

Last edited by mrboost05; May 15, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old May 15, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

isn't this vegasse's old car?
Old May 15, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

I am going fp black. It would be in my interests if you could make a billet cnc 6 Speed transmission case as that case would allow 5 or 6 speed setup .

Quick Reply: Insane Speed 2.2L on 6265....815awhp + 791awtq