Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

JMFabrication O2 dump results

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by mclaren
Is one of the test cars Keith's?
Yes in fact

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
WOW-

on the titek o2 housing, what is the measured i.d. of the outlet feeding the dp?

what fuel?
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
2.5"
I just measured one I have here and found the same thing. It is possible to modify them and open them up to 3" like we did on Luke's FP Black test way back.

Aaron
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
holy hell.

now my question is will the gains be remotely close just using something like MAP's recirculated eliminator downpipe? i really wanna keep my car a little quiter.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

This is the second closest test which was Mikey's vs JohnnyTSI but it was not conclusive since Johnny had a stock head and OTS S2s where Mikey had a Bushmaster Race Port and the ER2 cams I have in my car that Greg came up with for testing.

We just sold an MAP O2 dump (38mm MVS) to Johnny so we can see a closer test all on the same car. He also has S3s and a Race Port in the car now so again its closer to Mikey's but even then still not exact.

Aaron
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Recirculated does not have the same gains in external WG testing I have ever done. We havent tested a recirculated divided O2 housing but I wouldnt bet that it would be near the same.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
so RoninVIIIRS said ets 3.5" can you confirm thats the exhaust system on this car Aaron? i know the dumps make huge differences ever since my dsm days, i just dont like drawling that much attention when going WOT... but when you see the comparison on the dyno graph you have to wonder if you're nuts for just sacrificing all that additional power for alittle additional noise out of what is supposed to be a performance machine anyways.

was the AFR curve kept the same? if not that can account for some of it downlow.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

It looked like the 3.5" exhaust to me yes. Keith can chime in on that. The other car does have a 3.5" exhaust as well. AFR was the same down low but I believe the other test may have had colder ambient temps which helps, but the main thing is the start RPM was not exact so it always skews the early results some.

aaron
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was on the edge anyway but this shows its worth it to me.

I bought a MAP o2 dump downpipe today Should be ready Monday/Tuesday.

Thanks for convincing me to spend more money damn it! haha.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Wait, so this is 2 different cars?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Yes.

Amazing what a bump in efficiency can do.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PeteyTurbo@KHC
Wait, so this is 2 different cars?
But identical mods. I have already done back to back testing on individual cars but always smaller turbos (.i.e. TurboJunkie). I know there are substantial gains but this was #1 ridiculous power at low boost for the combo, and a good chance to compare 2 cars a few days apart. I will be retesting Johnny's car when it gets the 38mm dump on it.

Aaron
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aaron was this on e85? And how far will 1450's go on 2.4/black/e85?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Yes.

Amazing what a bump in efficiency can do.
But two different cars two different days is a bit much.. Either way the difference is quite large..Mabye I will give it a shot on my own car and get some same car same day results.. Thanks again to ER for sharing the data. JMF makes killer products and I use/reccomend them whenever I can!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
But identical mods. I have already done back to back testing on individual cars but always smaller turbos (.i.e. TurboJunkie). I know there are substantial gains but this was #1 ridiculous power at low boost for the combo, and a good chance to compare 2 cars a few days apart. I will be retesting Johnny's car when it gets the 38mm dump on it.

Aaron
Speaking of turbojunkie's car one of my customers ended up buying it.. We already had it on the dyno and it has a new max lock rear installed.. It's a pretty clean car.. We ended up making a few more hp out of her with a new WGA and adjustment..Any idea what that car weighs?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
so RoninVIIIRS said ets 3.5" can you confirm thats the exhaust system on this car Aaron? i know the dumps make huge differences ever since my dsm days, i just dont like drawling that much attention when going WOT... but when you see the comparison on the dyno graph you have to wonder if you're nuts for just sacrificing all that additional power for alittle additional noise out of what is supposed to be a performance machine anyways.

was the AFR curve kept the same? if not that can account for some of it downlow.
Yes, it's an ETS 3.5" exhaust.

Quick Reply: JMFabrication O2 dump results