Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

JMFabrication O2 dump results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I had no problem keeping my ewg closed on a td04 wrx with a .9 bar spring. If your wastegate is preloaded properly you shouldn't hear it unless you're above 8 + psi if you don't have a boost controlling device.

Not saying it isn't loud but if a cop hears it in town you prob deserved a ticket for driving obnoxious
ly. Know what I'm gettin at ?

Buuut I totally understand the noise paranoia .. cams no cat, ti exhaust = noise

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Oct 18, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With a dump the rest of the car can be quieter and the cop wont know it was you when you get off it and cruise by with a stock sounding car. The loud *** 3.5" exhaust with no cats and straight through little muffler car will be pulled over 10x as much.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You could also make a longer dump tube with a small muffler on it to tame the noise and still flow great.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Its only loud if you are on it above the crack pressure of the wastegate + MBC. For the most part thats 22psi or so and if you are ripping past a cop at 22psi then you probably have more to worry about than how loud you are.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im surprised the poster 10 or so posts up didnt see any gains going from recirc to dumped.

we had a local years ago, test recirc (at a mellow entry angle) v. dumped and gained 50hp w/ it dumped.

im sure modlist, efficiency, how close to being maxed the setup is, etc. play a role, but id expect to see some type of notable gain w/ a dump.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

I didn't even know all this talking about me existed!

Aaron, when does it look like you guys will be able to get Johnny's car back on the dyno with the 38mm MVS?

Great cost to benefit ratio here

Mikey
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops
I didn't even know all this talking about me existed!

Aaron, when does it look like you guys will be able to get Johnny's car back on the dyno with the 38mm MVS?

Great cost to benefit ratio here

Mikey
Will the 38 MVS really be worth it though?? I guess we'll find out eventually, haven't seen a comparison vs something else...should be interesting.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Will the 38 MVS really be worth it though?? I guess we'll find out eventually, haven't seen a comparison vs something else...should be interesting.
Hey Luis,

I have the 44mm MVR on my car. I kind of wish I went 38mm MVS. Externals using both ports will help hold more boost however, the Black is dying pretty hard and Johnny's and my level.

Mikey
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Just got my o2 dump on the car last night. All I can say is I am in love. The o2 dump and the FP anti surge cover, makes you car seem like it has a huge aftermarket turbo. The sound just make the car for me. It just make me want to boost everywhere.

Also fantastic product. Build quality is awesome. It looks like a lot of time and effort was put into the design. The only part that I had that rubs a little is my AC line. I just needed to adjust it a little out of the way and all is well. I also have an Aluminum Radiator, and perfect fit with that, no clearance issues.

I will put some pics up tonight or tomorrow.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I didn't buy this piece, but hopefully my Muse piece shows gains over my crappy Megan BIOS creeping leaking sob.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if this mod would also help me gain some more power on pump.

Will there be as big of a difference from your (ER) built 2.0 with an Invidia O2 housing to an O2 dump?

-Bink
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by binky
I wonder if this mod would also help me gain some more power on pump.

Will there be as big of a difference from your (ER) built 2.0 with an Invidia O2 housing to an O2 dump?

-Bink
99% of the time an o2 dump always outperforms a standard o2 housing. remember turbo cars don't want any backpressure after the turbo so when you open that exhaust up you get better throttle response, spool, and more power in general most the time.

if you dont mind the sound then definitely get the dump.. its well worth it. gains you see depend on your current mods tho. the sound is probably similar anyways with and without.. these cars cant be quiet unless the exhaust is restricted to hell anyways. even my cobb is loud wot and that was supposed to be one of the quietest exhausts on the market
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
99% of the time an o2 dump always outperforms a standard o2 housing. remember turbo cars don't want any backpressure after the turbo so when you open that exhaust up you get better throttle response, spool, and more power in general most the time.

if you dont mind the sound then definitely get the dump.. its well worth it. gains you see depend on your current mods tho. the sound is probably similar anyways with and without.. these cars cant be quiet unless the exhaust is restricted to hell anyways. even my cobb is loud wot and that was supposed to be one of the quietest exhausts on the market
Would it really give me another 30whp, 80 ft/lb of torque? If so...then this is a HUGE bang for your buck mod. Does it matter if an external dump or a recirculated dump (like MAP's)?

Whose O2 should I be looking at? MAP / JMFAB / ToxicFab ?

-Bink
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Of the ones we have tested I like the fitment of the JMfab the best.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Of the ones we have tested I like the fitment of the JMfab the best.
Thanks for the reply Aaron. Has your testing included the Toxicfab O2 housing as well?

I'm all for performance, I was just curious as Collin's O2 housing looks amazing. I'd be surprised if it didn't perform as well.

-Bink

Quick Reply: JMFabrication O2 dump results