Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

HTA3794r switch... preliminary results inside

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HTA3794r switch... preliminary results inside

well, 3rd turbo later... and thanks to the guys at FP, i am now on the HTA94. I have to say this turbo is lookin' pretty good so far. I have 3 stiff springs in each of my mvs wastegates so my base boost is around 27psi. I also had the car road tuned to about 35psi but the front facing setup seems to make it creep up to 37psi up top. I can see the EBC trying to reduce duty to compensate as it hits 35psi then slowly goes to 37psi, then immediately back to 35psi again, LOL.
Anyway, here is an overlay of both 27psi and 35-37psi. Both on E85 of course. Same motor i've always had, still going strong. L19s and cosworth gasket now to try to keep that head on. I think i'll keep it here for a bit and see how it does.
I'm sure when i raise it past 40psi again, it will surpass my previous whp.
**btw the wheels spun during the high boost pulls so im not sure how accurate the VDR is. But i couldnt get it to hook in 3rd gear from the hit on street tires. Eventually it does hook after the tq hit. So i think the reading is fine.

HTA3794r switch...   preliminary results inside-hta94-comparo.jpg
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You tried running the log through VD? Send me it in a email and I could for ya real quick.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Why are you using VDR? Thats like using windows 98

Please run them though VD.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning

Old reliable
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Fun turbo indeed, love mine!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

I can't wait to install mine! Waiting on my new GSC motor! I love that there are so little of these around. I'm hoping for big things with this!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

lol aint seen VDR in awhile now , im sure the car pulls nice in the higher higher rpms
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
You tried running the log through VD? Send me it in a email and I could for ya real quick.
cool... sure thing. Give me your email and I'll send the aem log when i get home. Its on my laptop (im at the office right now)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chu's Mom
I can't wait to install mine! Waiting on my new GSC motor! I love that there are so little of these around. I'm hoping for big things with this!
yeah, thought i'd share since there is little real world feedback on these turbos for some reason.

when we first started tuning it out, i was disappointed in the lag... but once the AFR was dialed in a bit and we started to add alot more timing that changed everything. (not to mention extending the mivec advance just a tad up the rpm range) I think it spools decently for a 67mm turbo on a 2.0l motor.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning

If it worked back then, it works today.
Well, if you read through most of my posts... i ALWAYS use a real dyno instead. Theres two local Mustang Dynos that all of my graphs are pulled from.
This was a late night road tuning session after i just got my car back up and wanted to see what it was doing. I think for what its worth, its good information.
btw, i used to run all my logs through VDR even on the dyno just to see out of curiosity and it would always read within 5-10hp +/- i dont think its that off if used properly.

I'll send them to the other guy if he sends me his email to run it through VD. Or i'll download it myself if i have time to mess w/ it tonght.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
lol aint seen VDR in awhile now , im sure the car pulls nice in the higher higher rpms
it "feels" like it pulls alot nastier than when i dynoed 743whp on a mustang dyno here w/ my old turbo. For sure it comes on alot sooner.
I'll know for sure when i put it back on the same dyno for comparison
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

nice glad to hear it feels great, cant wait to see some more passes down the track.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
If it worked back then, it works today.
Well, if you read through most of my posts... i ALWAYS use a real dyno instead. Theres two local Mustang Dynos that all of my graphs are pulled from.
This was a late night road tuning session after i just got my car back up and wanted to see what it was doing. I think for what its worth, its good information.
btw, i used to run all my logs through VDR even on the dyno just to see out of curiosity and it would always read within 5-10hp +/- i dont think its that off if used properly.

I'll send them to the other guy if he sends me his email to run it through VD. Or i'll download it myself if i have time to mess w/ it tonght.

Cool.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Made 520 on a 10:5 motor with the 94 back in feb at 19 psi on 93... Betwwen shifts is beast
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline

Hey, I emailed you the log text file to use. I am curious how different VD is versus VDR also

Settings i used were Evo8 3rd gear (im an evo9 but w/ evo8 gearing)
25.7" tires (245/40/18)
GW - 2150lbs
Driver - 145lbs
I did have the weather correction ON (100degrees) - its been relentless in Houston. Um, i think thats it for the details.

I am either going to get it strapped on a dyno or see what the traps are at the track this wknd. Guess we'll see how it goes!

-Tom

Quick Reply: HTA3794r switch... preliminary results inside