Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BR 2.4LR FP RED tuned by REESE TUNNING

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are you going to run? or have you already changed to something else?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

The wife had to go down to the shop to make a payment and James was nice enough to give her and my brother in law a ride in the Evo. She said that it was a fun ride and that she was scared haha. She said that traction seems to be of an issue so I guess I have new wheels and wider tires on my wish list as well!

I cant wait until next week when I can update the thread with the cars final numbers!! thanks for reading!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Going to a triple disc exedy cerametallic
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Right on. I'm going to start saving up for sure. IDK how long the ACT XTSS will hold up. I'm going to do a search on that.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go by uncorrected numbers....wcf is a formula that is suppose to average out the dyno to every other dyno at a certain temperature. It will just give you false numbers imo. You can always ask that your dyno runs are made in with uncorrected numbers.
Whatever you do just make sure you use the same setting each time so you can get a basis of your gains.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by localtoys73
go by uncorrected numbers....wcf is a formula that is suppose to average out the dyno to every other dyno at a certain temperature. It will just give you false numbers imo. You can always ask that your dyno runs are made in with uncorrected numbers.
Whatever you do just make sure you use the same setting each time so you can get a basis of your gains.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. the WCF value looks so much better though hahaha thanks for the input!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice numbers man, anythin over 500 on a mustang dyno is a kick in the nuts every time u drive it im sure hahah, so cal represent haha
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dastallion951
nice numbers man, anythin over 500 on a mustang dyno is a kick in the nuts every time u drive it im sure hahah, so cal represent haha
Haha thanks. Yeah, my only goal was to break 500 on his dyno although I was only expecting 460 to 480. I cant wait to feel what it's like though. It was enough to have my wife at a lose for words so I'm sure it's a ball-punch from hell to my standards!

lol reppin SoCal..hard son! haha I'll probably see you around once I get back lol. I live in Riverside County too.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice graph. I'm curious how the curve would change if the head only had a mild port or even left stock. I will also be running a 2.4 + Red on E85. I'm focusing on low-end with as wide a powerband as possible.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

It wasnt the final tune (as the power on that sheet and the video are from different pulls and the video doesnt show the graph). I was kind of wondering how the top end would be as well. I cant fid many dyno sheets of a 2.4 with similar mods and an FP red.

I'm not sure if it will flow past 7000rpm or not I'm hoping that it will flow to around 7500rpm but some of my friends dont think it will. I'm going to hit up James later and ask him what he thinks.

What I really wanted was a tq monster and I got it. But I hope the powerband can be as broad as I want it on the final tune.

EDIT:

Just got finished emailing the wife n now I'm getting an Exedy Twin Disk. thanks for the advice guys.

Last edited by deukalions14; Sep 23, 2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: update
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

congrats man, I just got mine tuned im on a built 2.0 on an fpred, but only on 91 octane, with all my mods, i still put down 410hp and 340 tq on tts dyno, with 100 degree day and 125* intake air temps haha... 400 is fun, cant imagine urs...e85 is potent stuff gotta get my car tuned on it eventually. Should bring that badboy up to one of the in n out meets in redlands sometime.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

congrats man, I just got mine tuned im on a built 2.0 on an fpred, but only on 91 octane, with all my mods, i still put down 410hp and 340 tq on tts dyno, with 100 degree day and 125* intake air temps haha... 400 is fun, cant imagine urs...e85 is potent stuff gotta get my car tuned on it eventually. Should bring that badboy up to one of the in n out meets in redlands sometime.
Nice, thats good power for 91 and weather! I cant wait to drive it man. for real. yeah, you should try it E85 FTW! I started running E85 since 2009 n havent looked back!

Do you have more information on that meet? I live about an hr away and if the time n date is right I'll probably head up there n try to take some people with me.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

yea usually the meet is all evos before used to be big, havent gone in a while since my evos been out of commission gettin some lovin. But its on friday nights in redlands off the 10 freeway two exits east of the 215north 10 freeway interchange in San Bernardino and exit is tippecanoe. Used to start around 8, now its up around 10ish, if you need directions just google in n out off tippecanoe in redlands. The more evos the better, its every friday night, if you have socalevo.net account its in the inland empire section of regional meets. E85 is an eventual goal of mine, but im not in a rush to break my toy haha, ill get bored with 410 first
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:04 AM

i saw your car before it was getting tuned. you have the perfect set up. got to love reese tuning
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

yea usually the meet is all evos before used to be big, havent gone in a while since my evos been out of commission gettin some lovin. But its on friday nights in redlands off the 10 freeway two exits east of the 215north 10 freeway interchange in San Bernardino and exit is tippecanoe. Used to start around 8, now its up around 10ish, if you need directions just google in n out off tippecanoe in redlands. The more evos the better, its every friday night, if you have socalevo.net account its in the inland empire section of regional meets. E85 is an eventual goal of mine, but im not in a rush to break my toy haha, ill get bored with 410 first
Alright, I'll check it out a little after I get back. I've tried and tried to make an account at SCE but it never emails be the damn authentication email lol.

Right on. I'm sure you wont break it! im sure 410 is a lot of fun too! better than this damn Afghan pick up that MAYBE had 120whp -_-

Quick Reply: BR 2.4LR FP RED tuned by REESE TUNNING