Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BR 2.4LR FP RED tuned by REESE TUNNING

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great result!
Congratulations!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scotty225
i saw your car before it was getting tuned. you have the perfect set up. got to love reese tuning
Really? nice! thanks for the compliment. It was in bad shape when it got to his shop. the worse thing was that it went there from ANOTHER local shop in a "complete" form (they did my initial build for me) and was only supposed to get tuned/broken in.

James found some issues with it and started to investigate and as he did he found even more issues with the build and really saved my ***. Now, it got/ is getting fixed the right way. I should have went to his shop in the first place...If you're in San Diego area or even SoCal in general and need quality work I highly recommend his shop.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:04 PM

yea i heard black steven told you to go there first?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

No, he told me after the fact -_- lol. I was getting ready for deployment and the motor blew jsut about the week before I left so I was in a panic to get it fixed and set up so all my wife had to do was make the payments and pick it up when it's done. The previous owner of the car used to use the shop that so I sent it back there since they knew the car already.

I tried calling James for a couple days before I left but I didnt get a reply so I just told my wife to send the car to that other shop when she had the chance since I couldnt do it. ugh what a nightmare man...I wasted so much money with them...my radiator was busted, oil was leaking from the front cover and oil filter housing, and they didnt know to degree the cams with the 2.4 block...just so much **** man...and it took a long *** time too. but no hard feelings here.

James took and is taking great care of me and my car is in great hands now. I'm going to write up a full review on the situation when the car is complete. I've owned the car for 11 months and have driven less than 400miles on it due to motor issues so when I get back im going to enjoy the car.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:45 PM

yea you have a great car. you have the set up that i want to do. hopefully when you get back you me and steven can go for a little drive sometime. thank you for serving our country
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Thank Anton T!

Thanks scotty. I'm down man for sure. I'll be back sometime next month so I'll be in touch! thanks man.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Just can't get over how far this car has come in the shirt amount of time. Good work at Reese Tuning!!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

****, you saw the car in it's "broken" state before I left lol. They mos def are the only reason why this car is running as well as it is. I cant give any props to the first shop I took it to AT ALL because James and his team had to go behind them and clean up their mess...I will never make that mistake again. I want **** done right the first time n his shop is the only place I'm going to go to from here on out. lesson learned.

Stephen: I got the green light to buy a "track only" evo in 2013!!! we should make it a "team" car! HAHAHAHA