Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Andrew's Old School FP Green on E85

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Andrew's Old School FP Green on E85

Andrew has been a customer of ours for a while now and previosuly had a 93oct tune. He just returned from an underway period on a Sub, and while he was away they opened up an E85 pump a few blocks from his base, so he made the switch to the juice!

EVO VIII
MODS
Cossie M2s
Injen upper and lower IC piping
Injen Intake
Apexi MAF adapter and Filter
Metal IX Diverter Valve
AMS 3.5 Intercooler
Manual Boost Controller
Megan O2 Housing
3" Turbo Back Exhaust
GT Spec Tubular Manifold
FIC 1150cc (Low-Z) injectors
Single Walbro 255

This was at 29psi tapering to 22psi. I was wanting to turn the boost up a tad, but he was happy with where the car was at so we left it!

Thanks again Andrew, even though we always seem to have some sort of issue with the car, it always turns out great!

**UPDATE**
Andrew swapped out the Apexi intake for a Vibrant MAF adapter and Amsoil Air Filter, here are the results with 1 more PSI of boost... yeah not a true back to back, but I will bet money the Amsoil filter outflows the Apexi!

Here is the Comparison

Last edited by Spec-Ops1; Oct 22, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you freddie! The car feels great!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats and thanks for your service!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am a bit unsure as I thought the FP Green on E85 pushing 29PSI would be somewhere a tad higher. What it something with running out of fuel?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 07:57 AM
Account Disabled

Nope, remember, this not the newer HTA green... this is the old green that is a touch better than a stock 9 turbo...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
Nope, remember, this not the newer HTA green... this is the old green that is a touch better than a stock 9 turbo...
OK. Thank you for the clarification, my friend. By the way, what is the most that you would personally spend on a used old FP Green?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
OK. Thank you for the clarification, my friend. By the way, what is the most that you would personally spend on a used old FP Green?
Though you're not asking me, I wouldn't buy a used one. Chances of it failing are pretty high being an older used turbo. I would feel much better about spending a little bit more for a better performing new turbo.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 08:51 AM
Account Disabled

All depends on the condition etc... I would definitely have to be in the market for one, and it would be purchased in person since they are getting to be older these days... honestly though, I probably wouldn't even look at the old school green these days...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zeus1
congrats and thanks for your service!
Thank you! Yes this is the older green and there is quite a difference between this and the hta. I was not running out of fuel but we left the boost on the conservative side. I may go up in the future but am very happy with the power. It isnt really about numbers for me and freddie knows that. I want a car I can beat on and not worry about it breaking. Thats what I got!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

If paying straight up, I would spend about 750-1000 depending on a condition. I would only do this if you have an evo 8 turbo because from a nine turbo it wont be a huge upgrade.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good andrew!! Cant wait to see out comparison from your OLD Green and my IX Turbo on E85
Old Oct 3, 2011, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04EBevo
Thank you! Yes this is the older green and there is quite a difference between this and the hta. I was not running out of fuel but we left the boost on the conservative side. I may go up in the future but am very happy with the power. It isnt really about numbers for me and freddie knows that. I want a car I can beat on and not worry about it breaking. Thats what I got!
well enjoy the car. i ran the old green turbo from 2007 until the spring when the turbo housing clamp that holds the hot and cold sides together let go (the nut rusted off and the turbo split).make sure you check yours or as a precaution replace it. i loved that turbo.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Category_Code=
Old Oct 3, 2011, 08:34 PM

Nice!!!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04EBevo
If paying straight up, I would spend about 750-1000 depending on a condition. I would only do this if you have an evo 8 turbo because from a nine turbo it wont be a huge upgrade.
Thank you for the quick reply. This really helps me out.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:30 AM

Good job Freddie! And Andrew, we'll have to get together some time so i can feel the new power! Definitly looking foward to my future tune by Freddie now...

Quick Reply: Andrew's Old School FP Green on E85